Remaining PL games

Jezz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, Dixon said:

But, if Utd fail to beat West Ham, we'll only need one more point.

That’s not likely... the likely outcome of that match is United getting 3. Selfishly I want to get both the FA Cup and top 4, so I would play the odds. Based off today’s lineup Frank agrees with rest though.

2 minutes ago, HOUCHELFAN said:

That’s not likely... the likely outcome of that match is United getting 3. Selfishly I want to get both the FA Cup and top 4, so I would play the odds. Based off today’s lineup Frank agrees with rest though.

Frank isn't really resting anyone. Caballero in for kepa, and Pulisic dropped are the main changes, but even Pulisic is down to the knock he's carrying rather than resting him for Liverpool.

17 minutes ago, HOUCHELFAN said:

I hope we can win at Anfield and settle our Champions League spot before the last game. Good news is that even if United beat West Ham they cannot afford to coast in the last game. If they lose at Leicester then Leicester will almost certainly finish above them on goal difference (barring a big win for United against West Ham)

18 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Think it will be tough against Wolves. Not expecting anything from Liverpool so it’s down to Wolves in my mind. 

If Leicester win but we lose or draw, how does that affect things?

We need to win at least one of the last two games. If we draw both and Leicester win we lose out on goal difference. 

Ideally we need united to end up in the Europe league again. I think the contract with Adidas will be reduced if they don’t make champions leagues which will hopefully let us create gap with them. 

31 minutes ago, big blue said:

If we draw at anfield and united draw against west ham we qualify.

If we win either game we quality.

If leicester lose to united we qualify.

if we take 1 point from our last 2, and leicester draw with united we qualify.

So basically out of the 2 games left, we need to match or better Leicester’s result?

On 14/07/2020 at 00:07, Jezq8 said:

We got away with that! 

we better win tomorrow! I think if we get 6 points from our remaining 3 games we are guaranteed top4. Regardless of what Leicester or manure do .

I said 6 points would do it!

we need 3 points from either the Liverpool or wolves game. 

52 minutes ago, JM7 said:

So basically out of the 2 games left, we need to match or better Leicester’s result?

This is spot on, we have a one point advantage over Leicester, so we just need to match them with one of our two games left. Not that it helps, because you won’t know the result of their final game until your game is about to go final, but if you knew 100% that Leicester would lose, we would be in. If they draw, we need one more, and if they win against Man U then we need 3, it’s that simple.

10 hours ago, HOUCHELFAN said:

This is spot on, we have a one point advantage over Leicester, so we just need to match them with one of our two games left. Not that it helps, because you won’t know the result of their final game until your game is about to go final, but if you knew 100% that Leicester would lose, we would be in. If they draw, we need one more, and if they win against Man U then we need 3, it’s that simple.

We need to see what that united west ham scire is 1st. If they draw, then 1 point against Liverpool will see qualify, becayse it would be impossible for both leicester and united to overtake us on the final day, even though we would only be 1 clear of united and 2 of leicester. 

I actually think both draws are pretty likely, west ham have been in decent form, they also can play with freedom now they're safe. United look tired and i think they will make changes. 

We are in good form, and even though liverpool have nothing to play for, i think they will want to avoid losing that unbeaten home record. 

So draws all around see us through on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Hard to see us beating Liverpool as they're on a 58 game home unbeaten run. Last time they lost a PL game at home was in April 2017.

I would be content with a draw, and if West Ham can do something at Old Trafford that would be great.

I would love to end Liverpool's streak in the same way they ended our 86 game home unbeaten streak in 2008.

20 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Hard to see us beating Liverpool as they're on a 58 game home unbeaten run. Last time they lost a PL game at home was in April 2017.

I would be content with a draw, and if West Ham can do something at Old Trafford that would be great.

I would love to end Liverpool's streak in the same way they ended our 86 game home unbeaten streak in 2008.

All great runs come to an end at some point... why not today? Plus I think we would all happily settle for a point today 

So with us losing at Liverpool  the end of season scenario is looking as:

United 3rd on GD from us in 4th, Leicester a point behind in 5th.

If we lose to Wolves only a United win at Leicester would see us stay 4th.

If we draw with Wolves we will stay 4th regardless of the result in the other game.

If we beat Wolves and United fail to win we go 3rd, otherwise we finish 4th.

2 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

We certainly have enough to Beat Wolves at home, Keep the Faith..

BIGTIME..this is the final--not the arsenal game.

we will be at home, should do the business