Remaining PL games

Wolves, City and Liverpool I fully expect us to drop points against. The rest I have no idea tbh. It could be three points for us or we could just as easily drop points. This season is similar to last, we are hoping for rivals to drop points to make top four. 

• Everton (H) - DRAW
  • Aston Villa (A) - WIN
  • Manchester City (H) - WIN
  • West Ham United (A) - LOSS
  • Watford (H) - DRAW
  • Crystal Palace (A) - WIN
  • Sheffield United (A) - WIN
  • Norwich City (H) - WIN
  • Liverpool (A) - LOSS
  • Wolves (H) - LOSS

You have to expect our closest rivals will maintain the same pace with points.

I feel Utd are the strongest here. Tottenham is depleted with injuries. Arsenal is Arsenal. Sheffield is really too high up in the table.

I hope we get back our main players quick added with fresh Ruben. Utd is on a good Europa run so we have more time to prepare for games than them.

We desperately need to win two or more games on the bounce ... we haven't done that since early November in the PL ... if we can do that, then we'll probably put some daylight between us and the chasing pack.

Everyone is so inconsistent that all teams will no doubt continue to drop points all the way to the end of the season. United and Wolves are in the best current form, but that could change quickly as it has before already this season for both of them ...

Every MU fan expected them to go on a run of wins instead they almost lost to Everton. Without that dubious decision they would have lost. The chasing pack we are a part of is just a bit of embarrassing to be honest. Prem is a tough league but still.

As long we keep winning every other game and getting draws on the others I don't expect the rest of the chasing rabble to do much better.

Utd are in the Europa, Spurs missing their strikers Arsenal on the rebuild and the Europa. Wolves are flying high but think teams will now treat them with more respect.

On 29/02/2020 at 19:02, coco said:

i dont think 57 pts(45+12) will even get 5th place.

At the moment 5th place is on 1.5 ppg. Which is 57 points at the end of the season. 

If we get 60 points, we will get CL. 

Remember when Sarri was called a fraud because we only got 72 points. What a time. 

Edited by bisright1
20 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I hope we get CL purely because the Europa league is so boring. Rubbish teams all the way through the competition, it’s way too long and dull matches. 

And matches in far away places which means longer travelling and less time to prepare for other matches, notably the League.

There's always the chance Leicester run out of steam and we sneak 3rd. They have been poor lately (2 points out of a possible 12) and they're only 5 points ahead of us, despite our poor form. After yesterday I am once more filled with a sense of (likely misguided) optimism for our top 4 hopes. 

On 29/02/2020 at 17:41, Jezz said:

We have 10 games left until the end of the season.

We can reach a maximum of 75 points if we miraculously win all 10 games. How many points is going to be required to finish top 4 (or 5)?

• Everton (H) 3 points
  • Aston Villa (A) 3 points 
  • Manchester City (H) 0 points 
  • West Ham United (A) 3 points
  • Watford (H) 3 points
  • Crystal Palace (A) 3 points 
  • Sheffield United (A) 1 point
  • Norwich City (H) 3 points
  • Liverpool (A) 3 points
  • Wolves (H) 0 points

22 points. Should be enough imo. 

Really annoying that United won today but I’m not too worried about them. They’ll drop points against easy teams. They also play Spurs away next weekend while we play Villa (a). 

38 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Really annoying that United won today but I’m not too worried about them. They’ll drop points against easy teams. They also play Spurs away next weekend while we play Villa (a). 

Villa away is historically a match we never do well in. I was so happy when they went down because of this :sad:

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Spurs are cr*p. They could not have an easier game.

11 hours ago, Jezz said:

1 down, 9 to go.

Really important we do not mess this up at Villa, who are dross but dross fighting for their lives and that makes them dangerous.

City will be moved now due to the FA cup. When may be key. They likely will have nothing to play for but can raise their game whenever they feel like it. Could be distracted by the CL if we are lucky.

Edited by axman2526

I’m beginning to wonder whether this season will actually be finished. With the City v Arsenal game postponed because 1 guy possibly went near some Arsenal players a week or so ago, it would seem that as the virus spreads that this scenario will crop up time and again. Our trip to Germany could well be when we have players exposed, if it doesn’t happen before that in the UK.

13 minutes ago, Snedger said:

I’m beginning to wonder whether this season will actually be finished. With the City v Arsenal game postponed because 1 guy possibly went near some Arsenal players a week or so ago, it would seem that as the virus spreads that this scenario will crop up time and again. Our trip to Germany could well be when we have players exposed, if it doesn’t happen before that in the UK.

Our salvation? Liverpool not the champions or at least a tainted winner (in more ways than one :wink:)?

Oh let me dream...

Personally I will miss going to games if it starts going behind closed doors, no football till August!! Bloody long summer, surely if prem call off next 3 weeks fixtures, that includes an international break, then take it from there, especially if euros get postponed until next season, premiership games end of may begining of June? Quite fancy that for a change

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

No point in games behind closed doors. If i comes to that just postpone the season, or cancel it if Uefa won't move the Euros.

At this rate there might not even be a euros. There were also talks of cancelling the olympics as well which is huge

On 11/03/2020 at 17:30, Munkworth said:

Play behind closed doors. Let the scousers win the league. They can enjoy lifting the trophy in an empty stadium, not being able to gather anywhere to celebrate or have any parades. If they have to win it then this is the dream scenario :laugh2:

They'll just parade the trophy thru Liverpool next season, and at the first home game. I think they can wait a few months after waiting 30 years !