coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

Having a centre forward that can hold the ball up and lay it off helps. The circumstances of his lack of pace has forced a change of tactics and this has no doubt helped in keeping the team more compact. 

Giroud has been different class I hope we give him an extension because just having him around is quality.

Also I hope when everyone is fit we don't go back to that high suicidal press and leave a London double decker bus space between the lines

Wow. I am shocked and amazed. Best performance this season with an injury hit squad. The players who stood out today have bene getting a lot of slack from fans this season too. Barkley, Mount, Willian etc... they were all brilliant. Gilmour again was top class. Clean sheet nice too. My fears before the weekend was genuinely dropping out the top 4 as I was fearing the worst this game, especially not knowing if Willian would make it or not and the difference he made was big. I mean so far best possible outcome. Wolves, Spurs dropping points and us winning. Perfect outcome will be for City to beat United.

I can understand why the sky sports pundits gave Gilmour MOTM, but personally would have given it to Barkley. He ran the show all game. Made 2 assists.1 of them the passes of the season. Not just that, in a position where we missed our top three CM in pecking order in Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, he stepped up and looked at home. I actually think the CM role is his best position. He roams from that position but is also physically dominant too and it is difficult for opponents to muscle him off the ball. The three games I have seen him in that position against Burnley, Liverpool and today, he has been brilliant. He gets my MOTM He has received so much flack from supporters too and it is good to see him really improving. Hopefully he keeps it up because he has the ability. 

Posted (edited)

A special day for me, all our front three players score and I win a small bet too.

• Another clean sheet and a second win over both Merseyside teams in the same week!
  • First time Frank has had the opportunity to bring on two youngsters, Anjorini and Broja and both look like they have good attributes with potential for the future.
  • Our goal difference is now level with Utd and higher than the rest of the chasing pack.
  • Mount great first goal, Pedro took his goal well too by staying onside.
  • Gilmour looked comfortable too though shattered towards the end and that first time volley attempt from the corner was very ambitious.
  • After 4-0 it became a show match as Everton were truly beaten, SFL did well to bring on the subs.
  • James performed well as a sub in midfield.
  • Willian well taken goal and played better than in some recent matches.
  • Barkley did some good stuff yet was a bit selfish at times trying to score when better options were available, perhaps the old club syndrome and he was being booed all game despite his goal against Liverpool.
  • Defence was reasonable, we could have conceded in the first yet that aside did well.
  • Kepa did ok too being brave on one occasion.

MOTM was given to Gilmour and I thought he was good though for me it was Pedro, the goal and the defensive cover.

Edited by Strider6003

36 minutes ago, Valerie said:

My gran's budgies were all called Tino, and I am considering it as a name for my next cat.

Yeah, not really relevant.

All your cats should be called Carlo, Cudicini or Mr Bonetti. 

No denying Everton made it very easy for us, really surprised how little fight they had in them. However I wouldn't want that to take too much away from the fact that that was one of those rare days when no single player looked below par. Yes there were a few players who stood out (Barkley and Gilmour in particular) but overall it was just a fine team performance from Kepa all the way up to Giroud.

Be interesting to see what happens to Gilmour when Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic are all fit as you can't drop the lad when he plays like he did in the last two games. Looks utterly at home in the first team and ridiculously composed for such a young lad.

You can only beat what's infront of you this excuse Everton were sh*t has nothing to do with us, how many times this season have we failed to be sh*t opposition?

So this time around we put them to the sword.

25 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

A special day for me, all our front three players score and I win a small bet too.

• Barkley did some good stuff yet was a bit selfish at times trying to score when better options were available, perhaps the old club syndrome and he was being booed all game despite his goal against Liverpool.

The stats have it differently than you

Ross was Da Boss today

9 minutes ago, the real shed end said:

Great week.

Two great atmospheres 

Two battered scouce teams

Beaten by Chelsea youth.

Love it

Yeah if only Chelsea could play the Merseyside clubs at home all the time :Troll_Face:

12 minutes ago, robdog said:

The stats have it differently than you

Ross was Da Boss today

It was coming, he has been playing better and better the more chances he got, but still ridiculously good!

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It was coming, he has been playing better and better the more chances he got, but still ridiculously good!

there was a sequence at the end of the match where Ross was just dribbling through Everton players - they tried to get the ball off of him, but he was simply unstoppable today - I noticed after the Liverpool match in a post match interview that he wasn't smiling - he was like the job isn't done - I like his attitude at the moment - btw checkout what Super Frank had to say about Billy Gilmour after the match

30 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Being excited about Gilmour, Anjorin and Broja today, I had already forgotten about Lamptey, I'm so fickle :shok:

8 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Being excited about Gilmour, Anjorin and Broja today, I had already forgotten about Lamptey, I'm so fickle :shok:

Forget him Val, he’s already left us for Brighton where he’s played 0 minutes. Should have stayed with Chelsea!

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Forget him Val, he’s already left us for Brighton where he’s played 0 minutes. Should have stayed with Chelsea!

That's my point: I already have forgotten about him after his departure! 

Had he stayed he would have been first name on the sheet for our defence in its present state :wink:

Yeah, surely Lamptey couldn’t have picked a worse time possible to leave Chelsea! Shows how much faith he had I himself, or did he move for the big bucks?

Either way he’s gone!

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

Yeah, surely Lamptey couldn’t have picked a worse time possible to leave Chelsea! Shows how much faith he had I himself, or did he move for the big bucks?

Either way he’s gone!

He went to Brighton so no :laugh2: