coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

Pretty much a perfect day. 4-0 and minutes for youngsters.  Back to the lethal counter attacking and we battered them and kept a clean sheet.

Credit to Frank for playing Billy today. Managers past would have tried to shoehorn Christensen into midfield or some other such rubbish. He repaid the faith. Who needs Jorginho?

Credit also for sticking with the defenders from Wednesday. We dominated them physically.

Giroud and Pedro were also superb. When the big moments arrive, much like Sarri last year, Frank has found that they turn up. Pedro covered every blade just like on Tuesday and was in lots of our good work. 

This really is old Chelsea isn't it? Inconsistent as hell, frustrating some days but when we get it right great fun to watch.

Shame that United won but if we keep this up we can go around Leicester and guarantee top four I reckon. More work to do though

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Some of us old Yanks do.  Hell I still hate that small Yorkshire club that wears white.

Jeez I hope they bottle it again this year. Could be Frank's finest achievement so far keeping them in Division 2 for another year.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Yeah, surely Lamptey couldn’t have picked a worse time possible to leave Chelsea! Shows how much faith he had I himself, or did he move for the big bucks?

Either way he’s gone!

I think he looked at it long term. Reece James is virtually the same age as him. Others in his position most likely would stay, but he obviously finds himself up against a top RB who is basically same age.

If it was for money, he could  have stayed here tbh. Was surprised by the move but oh well.. wish him luck at Brighton either way.

6 hours ago, coco said:

If Frank Leaves Billy on the bench i can see the fans rioting,    maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Although he has been brilliant, I would understand if he was taken out the team here and there. There will be tougher games for instance away from home, where the opposition will put us under a lot of pressure and might just require more experienced head. Because the minute now he struggles, fans will suddenly start criticizing him.

Posted (edited)

Frank has struggled to find his best XI. He seems to be stumbling upon it. Two clean sheets in a row. We might even see a settled back four, at least until the summer when we hopefully buy upgrades. Midfield, well injuries forced FRank's hand, and it worked in our favour. Billy instead of Jorgi. Far better in my opinion. Two number 8s, in Mason and Ross, and that gave us more creativity and attacking edge at home against a weaker side, and the forgotten man up front, brought in from the cold, been absolutely brilliant.

Edit: Well done Frank, particularly for giving Gilmour his chance. 

Edited by Davey Baby

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Frank has struggled to find his best XI. He seems to be stumbling upon it. Two clean sheets in a row. We might even see a settled back four, at least until the summer when we hopefully buy upgrades. Midfield, well injuries forced FRank's hand, and it worked in our favour. Billy instead of Jorgi. Far better in my opinion. Two number 8s, in Mason and Ross, and that gave us more creativity and attacking edge at home against a weaker side, and the forgotten man up front, brought in from the cold, been absolutely brilliant.

Giroud has been so good. Crazy to think he was behind Batahuayi a month ago. Credit to him for fighting back into the team. Tammy will have to work hard to get back in now. 

The way we are playing now with Giroud coming short, two players coming in for the layoffs and the third man runs in behind is so good to watch.

Credit to Mason and Barkley for those runs in behind the fullbacks. It gives us so much variety. Not having a dig but it is sooo much easier to play this way without Jorginho in the team. 8s can move knowing that someone in behind will cover them. City and Leicester both play this way knowing they have Ndidi and Fernandinho in behind to cover. Today showed us the way forward.

Edited by Spiller86

Posted (edited)

I've said this before, and no disrespect to anyone on here,  but the comments on here sometimes don't reflect those of the matchgoing fans. No one at the Bridge is unhappy about this season, but the vitriol on here sometimes is just plain wrong. Today was superb I can't praise Frank and Jodie, and  our players enough for that performance  , everyone needs to get behind our young manager and this team. .. Even on social  media forums. We are on a journey  keep the faith.  

Edited by The Rising Sun
Correction

Although he has been brilliant, I would understand if he was taken out the team here and there. There will be tougher games for instance away from home, where the opposition will put us under a lot of pressure and might just require more experienced head. Because the minute now he struggles, fans will suddenly start criticizing him.
Not so much about taking him out. More that, if everyone is fit, we now have clear rotation options. Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and Gilmour can share the load.

In terms of overall balance that was the best midfield blend I have seen this season of attacking creativity, defensive covering and physicallity. 

Everton were sh*t today apparently. But they have been a side bang in form recently. So, were they sh*t or were we simply very, very good?

The last time we hammered Everton  John Motson said it was the best performance he's ever seen in the EPL.

All things considered this win was more impressive.

2 hours ago, just said:

In terms of overall balance that was the best midfield blend I have seen this season of attacking creativity, defensive covering and physicallity. 

Everton were sh*t today apparently. But they have been a side bang in form recently. So, were they sh*t or were we simply very, very good?

Can you imagine how much the media would cream themselves if Utd played liked that - given how excited they get about Utd playing defensive football with lots of decisions going their way?

Posted (edited)

Brilliant to a man. Great job team!

Delighted to see Mason back to his best. Billy shining again and Tino and Broja getting a few minutes. Those boys have bright futures however Gilmour is on his way to becoming our midfield cornerstone.

Edited by axman2526

Posted (edited)

Good result and nice to see Mason Mount scoring again.

We dominated and kept possession for long spells.

Billy Gilmour had another very impressive game in midfield.

Thought Giroud played well up front.

Edited by erskblue

8 hours ago, just said:

Everton were as good as we let them be. We dominated it.

10 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

I've said this before, and no disrespect to anyone on here,  but the comments on here sometimes don't reflect those of the matchgoing fans. No one at the Bridge is unhappy about this season, but the vitriol on here sometimes is just plain wrong. Today was superb I can't praise Frank and Jodie, and  our players enough for that performance  , everyone needs to get behind our young manager and this team. .. Even on social  media forums. We are on a journey  keep the faith.  

Well said sir

11 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

"Stumbled upon" or not, Frank made the decision to play this way and it is working. He could have carried on playing Bats and the high press but he made a decision and it has worked. The people who have been asking questions about Frank need to understand he is learning on the job.

And he is learning.

18 hours ago, sonic90 said:

A 2nd choice Liverpool side

18 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Maybe but it's a very attacking side against a poor defence so we're looking as good as can be, I'd like to see how well this side does against Bayern

f**k me but you are a miserable sod.  The scousers played 5 or 6 of their regular first team players and brought on Salah, Milner and Firmino. It was nowhere near "a 2nd choice Liverpool side".  I really wish people would stop trying to belittle the team all the time, and just accept that we actually played well and beat the run-away league leaders and current European champions.

And I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this side against anyone, Bayern or Brentford, because, for the first time in a long while, we have a whole load of exciting prospects doing the job on the pitch.

Pity some of our internet fans aren't doing the same and getting behind these lads.

11 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Well said! I think our patchy form has made the match going fans a bit subdued (nervous?) but the last two matches we’ve been amazing on and off the pitch. Coincidence?