coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

Don Carlo will play a 4-4-2 and Lampard will play with 3 at the back, needless to say the pressure is on our squad there. Maybe we get some nice counter attacks though.

No, Carlo plays a 433 with plenty long balls into the channels for Calvert-Lewin and richarlison plus a right. Sided winger to chase. They go front to back quickly and often bypass midfield where they are a bit physical but actually a bit static.

frank will match up and expect to play through their midfield with quick interplay but we need to man-up and not get bullied like we did at Goodison. We'll get plenty corners to defend.

i think he will go with

kepa

azpi, Rudi, zooms, alonso

mount, gilmore, lofty

pedro, Giroud and willian

sure we can get a win 2-1

Probable Line-Up on Sunday;

The Coach Driver

Reece        Christensen's Nose     The Deliveroo Bloke       A Practice Cone

The Physio       Jody Morris       Billy the Kid             Pulisic in a Wheelchair

Christine Lampard       The Mascot

My plans were to be there on Sunday, my 60th birthday to cheer on the boys but alas it did not work out.  Instead we're taking a cheeky 3 day trip to mexico for a little sun and fun. It pains my heart to miss a chance to see the Chels but, well, life happens. Come on you Blues!

IMG_1808.JPG

8 hours ago, Scott said:

My plans were to be there on Sunday, my 60th birthday to cheer on the boys but alas it did not work out.  Instead we're taking a cheeky 3 day trip to mexico for a little sun and fun. It pains my heart to miss a chance to see the Chels but, well, life happens. Come on you Blues!

IMG_1808.JPG

Happy birthday, Scott (few days early), enjoy your Mexican sun with your missus!

Depending on injuries I would go with 

kepa (deserves a start after the Liverpool game)

azbi rudi zouma alonso 

Barkley gilmour Kovacic/ruben

pedro Giroud mount 

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger/Christensen Zouma Alonso

Reece-James Gilmour

Pedro Barkley/RLC Mount

Giroud

Only 3 points ahead. Every game feels like a final now.

Posted (edited)

On the day Ancelotti was sacked  coincidentally after a game at Goodison Park  his players insisted he join them for a farewell dinner.

“All the squad was there,” he recalls. “I knew it was going to be the last game and I had friends from Italy over. On the bus home, the players knew I was sacked and Ashley Cole said we must go out. I said no because I had ten friends visiting. We are having dinner at my house.

“But Ashley was, No, no, they must all come. I will send you a bus. So he sent a minibus to get us. It was unforgettable.

“I remember every day I was at Chelsea. It was a good time, a fantastic period with fantastic staff and unbelievable players.

“I had and I still have a good relationship with Roman Abramovich. He gave me the chance to manage in England and it was one of the best teams I ever managed.”

There are no grudges. He is held in the highest regard by those he managed and is impressed by Frank Lampard's work.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/06/jamie-carragher-meets-carlo-ancelotti-not-one-last-payday-going/

EO1yPRXW4AADwaH.jpg

Edited by Gol15

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

“But Ashley was, No, no, they must all come. I will send you a bus. So he sent a minibus to get us. It was unforgettable.

That makes me wonder where they went!

I've assumed that Christensen, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic and Abraham are all out injured, and Jorginho is of course suspended, so the squad is seriously compromised in numbers in midfield and the wings, so maybe we might see the 3-4-3 with wing backs again (i.e. 5 defenders)

Arrizabalaga

Azpiliceuta ; Zouma ; Rudiger

James ; Gilmour ; Barkley ; Alonso

Pedro ; Giroud ; Mount

If he sticks with the 4-3-3, then the 3 in midfield is Gilmour, Barkley and one of James or RLC for me.

Arrizabalaga

Azpiliceuta ; Zouma ; Rudiger ; Alonso

Gilmour ; Barkley ; James (or RLC)

Pedro ; Giroud ; Mount

Either way, the bench is going to be pretty slim pickings, and I'd expect to see both Anjorin and Broja on it,

Lampard reports Loftus-Cheek & Pulisic played in-house game at training ground. He hopes Abraham will be back before the end of the month. Hudson-Odoi's injury has reoccurred during training which is frustrating. Kovacic is out and Willian is question mark for Sunday.

7 minutes ago, evissy said:

No Kante, Pulisic, CHO, Ruben, Kovacic, Willian, Tammy....

When we had our full squad they won 3-1 and they have been playing better since then...

I'm not sure what defence i'd go with. Zouma and Rudiger did ok against Liverpool, but neither inspire much confidence in me really.

7 hours ago, Ledgerson said:

That's not ideal....

9 players... unreal... I was gonna guess the starting XI but I don't even know who to pick bc its been so hard to know who is and isn't fit.