Jump to content

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Andy North said:

"Stumbled upon" or not, Frank made the decision to play this way and it is working. He could have carried on playing Bats and the high press but he made a decision and it has worked. The people who have been asking questions about Frank need to understand he is learning on the job.

And he is learning.

No doubt he is learning. Ditching the high press and playing Giroud suggest as much. I just hope he sticks with that, we look infintely better since we made that switch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

No doubt he is learning. Ditching the high press and playing Giroud suggest as much. I just hope he sticks with that, we look infintely better since we made that switch. 

Wasn’t it about this time last year Sarri did the same and we started playing well again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Munkworth said:

Wasn’t it about this time last year Sarri did the same and we started playing well again?

Yup. Took a similar battering against City to make that happen too. Problem is he was getting battered with Hazard...

That said we always have these bizarre winter slumps, remember Carlo's bad moment from his second season? Miraculously cured come the spring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was an almost perfect performance. Apart from that muck up by Zouma gave them the clear cut chance, I don't even recall another error in the game. Their 442 made it easier for us, but we just ran them ragged with the passing and speed of movement. On another day, they'd have conceded 6. We had similar games where we had the same amount of shots and more possession with only 1 or 2 shots on goal, this time we turned around with accuracy and power in shooting, 11 on targets were exceptional. Gilmore really knows how to play, he doesn't keep the ball for the sake of it, instead keeps moving and pushing forward. I'm sure he will be tested with players pressing on him in the next few games, but in the last 2 games nobody laid a hand or foot on him. The experienced players stepped up, Giroud looked a beast when he's in form, I'd give him a year extension tomorrow, he's one of a kind. Alonso, Pedro, Willian all did well, and it's only weeks ago people though they were dead weight. Kepa had little to do, but did collect crosses well, and for the only clear cut chance Everton had in the game, Kepa did well to step out quickly and made it a more difficult for the striker to muck it up

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

 

f**k me but you are a miserable sod.  The scousers played 5 or 6 of their regular first team players and brought on Salah, Milner and Firmino. It was nowhere near "a 2nd choice Liverpool side".  I really wish people would stop trying to belittle the team all the time, and just accept that we actually played well and beat the run-away league leaders and current European champions.

And I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this side against anyone, Bayern or Brentford, because, for the first time in a long while, we have a whole load of exciting prospects doing the job on the pitch.

Pity some of our internet fans aren't doing the same and getting behind these lads.

f**k you indeed but I think you're the miserable sod actually, I'm surprised you're still here the amount of abuse you give people on this forum. But to reply to your comments, sure you can be more or less skeptical to how good this team is based on 2 performances, personally I want more proof over a longer period and against different opposition before we really start to think about ditching some or all of our regular midfield (Jorghi, Kante, Kovacic).

I'm happy that we played well and won these games, I hope they play like this every game and that we've found the holy grail of formation/tactics etc and I'd be happy no matter what as long as we win but I think you're only happy when you have a go at people. Don't act like you actually care about people supporting the team I've seen enough of your posting pattern to see your motive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

f**k you indeed but I think you're the miserable sod actually, I'm surprised you're still here the amount of abuse you give people on this forum. But to reply to your comments, sure you can be more or less skeptical to how good this team is based on 2 performances, personally I want more proof over a longer period and against different opposition before we really start to think about ditching some or all of our regular midfield (Jorghi, Kante, Kovacic).

I'm happy that we played well and won these games, I hope they play like this every game and that we've found the holy grail of formation/tactics etc and I'd be happy no matter what as long as we win but I think you're only happy when you have a go at people. Don't act like you actually care about people supporting the team I've seen enough of your posting pattern to see your motive.

Yorkley is ferocious in defending Chelsea FC and doesn't mince words when he thinks someone is talking bollox. That may not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least he can't be confused for a shallow JCL :biggrin: Oh and BTW I've had the pleasure of meeting Yorkley and he's one of the kindest, caring person I know.

Anyway, on topic again. I find it hard to contain my excitement after last week's results. Overturning the Bayern result is probably a bridge too far, but give or take a wobble here and there - hopely minor - I'm optimistically upgrading my prediction for ending the season in 6th position to 5th. 

Edited by Valerie
Typo in "Chelsea", that is sacrilege
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

f**k you indeed but I think you're the miserable sod actually, I'm surprised you're still here the amount of abuse you give people on this forum. But to reply to your comments, sure you can be more or less skeptical to how good this team is based on 2 performances, personally I want more proof over a longer period and against different opposition before we really start to think about ditching some or all of our regular midfield (Jorghi, Kante, Kovacic).

I'm happy that we played well and won these games, I hope they play like this every game and that we've found the holy grail of formation/tactics etc and I'd be happy no matter what as long as we win but I think you're only happy when you have a go at people. Don't act like you actually care about people supporting the team I've seen enough of your posting pattern to see your motive.

If you say so - It wasn't me belittling the performance by inaccurately describing the Liverpool team as "a 2nd choice " team, when it quite clearly wasn't.  You get all pre-menstrual as much as you like, I only respond to sentiments like that with the facts, like how many first team players they actually had.

And I think you should learn to differentiate between abuse and discussion.  Find me anyone else who thinks that denigrating a marvellous win against the current league leaders (and probable winners) by claiming that they had a team of 13 year-olds out isn't being a miserable sod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

f**k you indeed but I think you're the miserable sod actually, I'm surprised you're still here the amount of abuse you give people on this forum. But to reply to your comments, sure you can be more or less skeptical to how good this team is based on 2 performances, personally I want more proof over a longer period and against different opposition before we really start to think about ditching some or all of our regular midfield (Jorghi, Kante, Kovacic).

I'm happy that we played well and won these games, I hope they play like this every game and that we've found the holy grail of formation/tactics etc and I'd be happy no matter what as long as we win but I think you're only happy when you have a go at people. Don't act like you actually care about people supporting the team I've seen enough of your posting pattern to see your motive.

You do realise we also played a B team against Liverpool? And Everton got a draw against United at Old Trafford before we played them, it seems like any excuse to put our team down. We have had a ridiculous amount of injuries and still managed to play like that, give the team and Frank some credit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Gol15 said:

Funny enough I like his posts too even though he hates me like a cook hates a dirty cutting board so yea, to each his own it is!

Well thank you. I don't hate you, precious.  I think you talk a load of bollocks and are an argumentative sod sometimes, but occasionally you make some sort of twistedly logical sense, and, even though it's quite often a pain in the arse, I have a guilty admiration for some of your google-spam stats listings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slojo said:

A yorkshire person being kind and caring? That's an oxymoron if I've seen one. 

Wash out your scummy, pikey mouth with soap, young man!  f**king Yorkshire indeed!  Do I LOOK like I'm painted blue with woad and dressed in wolfskins?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Well thank you. I don't hate you, precious.  I think you talk a load of bollocks and are an argumentative sod sometimes, but occasionally you make some sort of twistedly logical sense, and, even though it's quite often a pain in the arse, I have a guilty admiration for some of your google-spam stats listings.

Tbf the only bloke Yorkey hated was that lad with the mugshot as his profile picture, he who shall not be named but still comes on the forum with mysterious yet obvious usernames :laugh2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine a conversation like this down the pub.

I have ignored Yorkley for a good few months now. Don't know if I'll ever reengaged with him. Calling somebody a miserable sod isn't called for.

Maybe if he accepts he's a cantankerous old git and lets me call him a few expletives I'll forgive him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I can't imagine a conversation like this down the pub.

I have ignored Yorkley for a good few months now. Don't know if I'll ever reengaged with him. Calling somebody a miserable sod isn't called for.

Maybe if he accepts he's a cantankerous old git and lets me call him a few expletives I'll forgive him.

I am the very definition of cantankerous when people are being undeservedly negative, and that bloke was exactly that 🙂 . Makes me think of a miserable sod, unable to take joy in beating a very strong dipper team who are running away with the league.

Andy, its an internet thing, you can call me whatever you want.  And yes, down the pub I would have pointed out the fallacious nature of clowns saying that we only beat a 2nd choice Liverpool side. 

Maybe because I am handsome, charming and debonair, I'd get away with it, but I've said much worse things to other members in here whenever we've met up for a piss up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...