coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

This Sky commentator is awful. Sounds a combination of bored and disappointed that chelsea are winning so easily. Also making out it’s more because Everton are so poor rather than us playing well. Mind you why shouldn’t I be surprised? The coverage has been all about Utd since it started at 1pm

That 3 man midfield is working really well, we don't know how well it would work against a top team but for now they are really dynamic is defence and attack.

Excellent first half. More of the same please.

Only blip was Alonso's poor back pass to Zouma which nearly led to an Everton goal.

Great performance , should be more in front in reality, but we don't half like to give the opposition a chance of getting back in the game. I'm looking at you two Zouma and Willian. 

Great thing about Billy is the way he keeps the tempo so quick. No hanging about or dawdling. Receive, turn, pass. Always knows where he's aiming for. Terrific player. 

I do like this about him keeps it moving.i hope fans and media don't put unnecessarily pressure on him just let the kid develop

I can't believe Everton is this bad. Hopefully we keep up the great tempo of passing next half as well. Billy again is just a joy to watch. Same goes to Mason. Giroud and Pedro also very good.

Mount, Barkley and Pedro, top performances, Giroud has been a handy target man again too. Alonso, Zouma and Willian are lacking the same sharpness as the rest though. Gilmour has been quietly effective in his role too, he's passing the ball well in risky areas and moves the ball quickly too.

Everton were terrible, but we were excellent in those first 30 minutes. We lost our composure a bit in the last 15 though. Hopefully we can start the second half as well as the first.

Don't really like to hype a player up so early but Billy Gilmour looks a serious talent. Never looks rushed and moves the ball so quick. 

Already looks a better option than Jorginho.

10 minutes ago, fitz said:

Great thing about Billy is the way he keeps the tempo so quick. No hanging about or dawdling. Receive, turn, pass. Always knows where he's aiming for. Terrific player. 

I thought his quick pass into Barkley was crucial for our second goal. No hesitation, he just plays the quick pass into space and that gives our attacking players the opportunity to do damage.

Gilmour is integral part of our buildup
He keeps to pace high all the time. Pedro and Willian are so hungry going forward. Jorginho at his best have delivered same type of performance than young Billy here.

Good linking up between Alonso and Pedro. Both had a fine half.  Only thing was the backpass from Alonso to Zouma which was a bit too light but Zouma should have just kicked it high.

Also Frank cleraly changed something with the setup. We have much more structure. I see much less of that headless chicken pressing.

Posted (edited)

Only been 135 mins (Liverpool and everton) but I’d already prefer Gilmour in the team over Jorginho. Passing is quicker, smarter and consistently finds a teammate. Also has pace to get back defensively. Can’t say Jorginho is blessed with any of these attributes.

Edited by The Brit

3 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

Don't really like to hype a player up so early but Billy Gilmour looks a serious talent. Never looks rushed and moves the ball so quick. 

Already looks a better option than Jorginho.

Feels a bit like going back in time and having a young Butch in the team. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

That 3 man midfield is working really well, we don't know how well it would work against a top team but for now they are really dynamic is defence and attack.

is this a retorical question?

can't get more a top team than liVARpool mate

Edited by mojo

Great, very energic first half. Gillmour is superb. Mount, Pedro, Willian and Giroud have also been very good.