Aston Villa v Chelsea (PL) Sun 21st June 2020 16:15 GMT

coco

So rarely have we been capable of winning ugly this season but that was the very definition of it. 

Such a huge win too. We now close to 3 points behind Leicester and 5 in front of the chasers.

Mount the pick for me. His movement was superb all afternoon. Only one preventing us from being static. Pulisic was great when he came on, added a spark and crucially actually attacked the far post at crosses.

I also loved Kante mopping up and shutting down any counters particularly after Barkley came on and played higher up the park. That diving c**t Grealish got nowhere all day against him. 

Still some concerns about our defence, particularly the concentration, even at the end Christensen is making silly mistakes that could have cost us.

But nice to see us show some bottle and get a win after going behind. Onwards and upwards for Super Frank's Blue Army.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I actually can’t stand him as a player. He’s not as good as Maddison and isn’t close to Mount IMO. He just dives constantly and it gives the impression he’s a great player who gets fouled a lot but in reality he’s just an average player who dives a lot

To be fair he uses his body well very similar to what hazard used to do but without the quality but I do think mount is better overall 

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

For the goal we conceded how on earth can we have 3 opposition players unmarked in our 6 yard box. 

Reality is franks just not good at defensive tactics, not his forte he needs to bring in a better defensive coach, JT would be perfect 

Important win, disappointed that 1st half showed up our problems against lower table teams yet again, but a quick two goals around the hour mark to turn it around in the 2nd half, and then see the match out till the full-time whistle, very glad of it!

Overall really relieved and pleased with the result, performance far from our best, but grinding out a win is especially important at this point in the season, and with the long interruption we had recent months, quite a few other teams struggling for form with the restart, so good to get the 3 points today.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Important win.

Also, Grealish is an overrated w**ker with sh*t hair.

Kante managed him superbly. Was on him whenever he found any space. Had to resort to diving to get anywhere against him. 

Bloke needs to get a proper haircut and pull his f**king socks up. Nothing invites a studs up challenge halfway up the shin than w**kers who leave their socks down. 

Really glad we won it, but we saw more of the same problems we've seen all season. We dominate the game, concede a set piece and either don't create any chances or squander sitters, it's either one of that last bit, it was about to be the former part but then Giroud and Pulisic showed up. 

All in all, good performance, I think with all of our players back, we might have a chance of securing top 4, I'm still not that confident though with our fixtures. 

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I actually can’t stand him as a player. He’s not as good as Maddison and isn’t close to Mount IMO. He just dives constantly and it gives the impression he’s a great player who gets fouled a lot but in reality he’s just an average player who dives a lot

He’s a sh*t Steven Gerrard then?

Graelish couldn't have came into football at a better time, the sport awards diva's like him. I'm sick of the English player bias in this country and referees are very guilty of it, he got the benefit of the doubt on every position there and the commenators didn't even mention that horrible freekick that lead to the goal, no way was that freekick.