A memorable match to watch from 2004 - date.

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 02/05/2020 at 07:07, erskblue said:

May 2016 v Spuds .

Chelsea vs Tottenham 2 2 2016 Full Highlights Extended

Posted before I fully acknowledge.

Anyway. Today is the 4th  anniversary of this 2-2 game at The Bridge which denied Spuds the title.:biggrin:

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I don't think I've seen that game back much if atall and it's not on my to do list either.

It was amusing at the time but ultimately when all said and done it was Leicester's moment not ours.

On 04/05/2020 at 11:23, bluehaze said:

Cracking compilation. No idea why they picked the Alex grass-cutter when he scored far better goals v Boro, Arse and the Dippers. The other goal that doesn't really belong in their is Deco's v Portsmouth, which a more competent keeper than James would easily have saved. The Di Matteo goal against Arsenal in '98 (Vialli's first game as manager) should be in there.

I couldn't pick a top 3 from that lot, but Essien's and Gallas's are definitely contenders, not just for the quality of the strikes but because they were crucial late goals.

On ?04?/?05?/?2020 at 15:13, Argo said:

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I don't think I've seen that game back much if atall and it's not on my to do list either.

It was amusing at the time but ultimately when all said and done it was Leicester's moment not ours.

Fair points

Just the fact we came back from 2-0 down v them and then a great finish by Eden Hazard.

The Bridge erupted when Eden scored our equaliser.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Fair points

Just the fact we came back from 2-0 down v them and then a great finish by Eden Hazard.

The Bridge erupted when Eden scored our equaliser.

Agreed. That second half is a magnificent watch. I remember just about waking up my whole street when Hazard's goal went in.

Easy to forget how good Costas play in the build up was too. A nutcase but a great player.

On 04/05/2020 at 03:31, erskblue said:

Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd | Ballack Blows Title Race Wide Open | Classic Premier League Highlights 2007/08

Chelsea Football Club
Hopefully no issues with copyright etc

Worth a watch.

Sorry if you didn't know the score !:biggrin:

This was a top game too. Best Ballack played for us on the week when Frank's Mum died and he didn't play. I still think the team that year was our best of the Abramovich era. 

23 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Cracking compilation. No idea why they picked the Alex grass-cutter when he scored far better goals v Boro, Arse and the Dippers. The other goal that doesn't really belong in their is Deco's v Portsmouth, which a more competent keeper than James would easily have saved. The Di Matteo goal against Arsenal in '98 (Vialli's first game as manager) should be in there.

I couldn't pick a top 3 from that lot, but Essien's and Gallas's are definitely contenders, not just for the quality of the strikes but because they were crucial late goals.

This should definitely be in there like an exocet missile superb goal.

On 16/05/2020 at 01:23, Scott said:

Salad Days: - when your bench has Joe Cole,Claude Makelele, William Gallas, and Eidur Gudjohnsen on it.  ::ChElSeaFLag::

Thanks for posting that - a great display. Maka's debut as sub, Mutu in pre-coke form, Joe Cole making a big impact as sub, good stuff from Gronk and Duff.

Spuds really do bring out the best in us.