Armando Broja

Strider6003

He seems to have a good football brain a turn of speed and knows where the goal is. For me he looks a natural.

I remember him coming on as a sub last season late on a match and he took the ball cleverly going past his defender, thought straight away he had something so was pleased to find this clip today.

I think we will see more of him, seems to know where to run when a cross comes over too.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

He seems to have a good football brain a turn of speed and knows where the goal is. For me he looks a natural.

I remember him coming on as a sub last season late on a match and he took the ball cleverly going past his defender, thought straight away he had something so was pleased to find this clip today.

I think we will see more of him, seems to know where to run when a cross comes over too.

I think that was this season that he made his debut as a sub, but it sure does feel like a lifetime ago!

• 6 months later...

Anyone kept an eye on Broja in Vitesse. Currently starting no.9 and helping Vitesse to 2nd in the league (2pts behind Ajax). 5 goals in 10 starts and looks real deal. Decent compilation of some of his play here : https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=armando+broja&&view=detail&mid=13289C9880E5698A83A913289C9880E5698A83A9&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Darmando%2Bbroja%26FORM%3DHDRSC4

Seems to be falling on the Mason Mount side of Vitesse Loanees rather than the Lucas Piazon side.

19 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Not me yet agree he looks a decent prospect.

Looks a strong prospect, links play well and seems to be creative in finishing. Very much moulded in Tammy but hopefully at 6ft 3 and fairly big for 19 will have strength and hold up play of Giroud.

49 minutes ago, Fruity66 said:

Looks a strong prospect, links play well and seems to be creative in finishing. Very much moulded in Tammy but hopefully at 6ft 3 and fairly big for 19 will have strength and hold up play of Giroud.

And not get his legs tangled up everytime he gets the ball (Tammy)   :0)

• 6 months later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12323671/armando-broja-chelsea-set-to-open-contract-negotiations-with-teenage-forward

Set for a new deal and TT is looking to involve him on the squad.

Dont think we in particular should rush to discount him. Plenty of fans though Mount and James were not cutting it and now look at them.

Not every youth player will make it of course but Broja does seem to have a varied skill set so that helps.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Phillip said:

He looks to be two-footed, so that's a plus.  Tall and fast, what more can you ask for?

I looked at him on You tube a while back, he looks good though not sure he is that fast...........

Edited by Strider6003

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2020 at 23:06, PloKoon13 said:

Considering my habits, I could well be misremembering this, but I did enjoy that his first touch in a Chelsea shirt in a senior game was skying a shot from about 45 yards out.

Was that Broja or Anjorin? Can't remember

Edited by Amputechture

• 2 weeks later...

He looked alright last night. He's a big lad and even at 19 already looks quite physically imposing. 

I think there's a good chance of him being 3rd choice striker this season but would be curious to see how he did playing regular football out on loan for a season. 

Ironically a team like Bournemouth might suit him. 

• 2 weeks later...