42 minutes ago, driller97 said:

No thanks to Onana, but would take Tagliafico in a heartbeat.

Assuming we sign Kai, ideally would want Tagliafico, Oblak and Skriniar/Koulibaly as our next 3 signings.

I don't think this is realistic ... Havertz is supposedly £89M, Oblak's release clause is £109M and De Laurentiis will probably insist on £80M for Koulibaly ...  I just don't see us forking out for three fees of that magnitude, especially after all the efforts of the last decade to run the club on sound financial principles to meet FFP rules ...

14 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I don't think this is realistic ... Havertz is supposedly £89M, Oblak's release clause is £109M and De Laurentiis will probably insist on £80M for Koulibaly ...  I just don't see us forking out for three fees of that magnitude, especially after all the efforts of the last decade to run the club on sound financial principles to meet FFP rules ...

FFP rules mean nothing now, City proved that. No one is going to be punished for it now after that verdict 

56 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We made £160m last year from sales, that includes Hazard (105m ish after winning the league) and the other 55m made up from selling players like Aina, Luiz, kalas, Palmer etc..

Of that 160m we spent 40m on Kovacic and that was it. That leaves us with currently 120m profit from last summer.

This summer we've so far just got the money for Morata, Pasalic and Nathan which amounts to 66.6m so in grand total just from player sales money we have 186m. Of that ofc we just spent 80 of that on Werner and Ziyech, but that still leaves us with 100m from just player sales! Looks like 75m of that is going towards Havertz, but even so we're still 25m in profit and haven't even touched this years budget yet (though I know its less than usual cause of corona)

Even still, currently before signing Havertz we have 100m from last year and this years sales to spend, let alone the extra money we can raise from selling off more of our deadwood we're looking at more than enough to cover 2-3 positions in our backline and it can be done fairly easily as long as we are shrewd with who we offload.

Edited by driller97
33 minutes ago, driller97 said:

We made £160m last year from sales, that includes Hazard (105m ish after winning the league) and the other 55m made up from selling players like Aina, Luiz, kalas, Palmer etc..

Of that 160m we spent 40m on Kovacic and that was it. That leaves us with currently 120m profit from last summer.

This summer we've so far just got the money for Morata, Pasalic and Nathan which amounts to 66.6m so in grand total just from player sales money we have 186m. Of that ofc we just spent 80 of that on Werner and Ziyech, but that still leaves us with 100m from just player sales! Looks like 75m of that is going towards Havertz, but even so we're still 25m in profit and haven't even touched this years budget yet (though I know its less than usual cause of corona)

Even still, currently before signing Havertz we have 100m from last year and this years sales to spend, let alone the extra money we can raise from selling off more of our deadwood we're looking at more than enough to cover 2-3 positions in our backline and it can be done fairly easily as long as we are shrewd with who we offload.

Why people never count the money we spent for Pulisic? Honest question.

49 minutes ago, driller97 said:

We also made a loss of £96M last year ... you can't just disregard that in all this, especially with FFP rules being what they are ...

48 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We signed him right before the transfer ban...

Yeah on the fiscal year previous to the year of the transfer ban.

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

That was the season before wasn't it? I was just counting the player sales from last season

You are correct

In terms of FFP. I remember hearing somewhere UEFA would relax that this summer as the effects of the virus on club accounts make it impossible for most to comply.

If that is true, ans while it would be taking advantage of that fact, if Roman wanted to sink the best part of 500mill on players it would likely lead to no punishment. Would be up to him if he wanted to do so or not.

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Not to mention the fact that revenue will be shot for another year with no crowds, and everyone will be poorer for at least the next 3-5 years. We havent even qualified for the Champions League yet. Spend like some are suggesting and we'll end up going bust like Leeds. 

11 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We don't know what fee Havertz will cost in the end, but the player insists on leaving and Bayer by the looks of it are willing to do business. I think the base fee is going to be somehwere around 70m with various performance related bonuses added on top of it.

I don't think any club would be willing to pay the release clause for Oblak, The only way I see something happening is if Atletico is experiencing some financial difficulties that may somewhat weaken their stance and force them to lower the fee significantly plus the goalkeeper asking the club to let him go. So far I haven't heard anything.

De Laurentis is an Italian version of Daniel Levi, so buying Napoli players is never easy. Still, they've just got Osimhen from Lille for €60m plus bonuses and I don't see ADL splashing that kind of cash without selling one of his assets. Given Koulibali's age there won't be a better time to cash in on him. I wonder what Kouilibaly himself is thinking, he's been one of the world's most sought after centrebacks for years now and the window of opportunity for him no just to leave but establish himself in a better side is rapidly closing. Selling him at this point would make total sense from every point of view but I wonder if the owner's greed will put a stop to it once again.

Edited by abramovich
7 hours ago, abramovich said:

We don't know what fee Havertz will cost in the end, but the player insists on leaving and Bayer by the looks of it are willing to do business. I think the base fee is going to be somehwere around 70m with various performance related bonuses added on top of it.

I don't think any club would be willing to pay the release clause for Oblak, The only way I see something happening is if Atletico is experiencing some financial difficulties that may somewhat weaken their stance and force them to lower the fee significantly plus the goalkeeper asking the club to let him go. So far I haven't heard anything.

De Laurentis is an Italian version of Daniel Levi, so buying Napoli players is never easy. Still, they've just got Osimhen from Lille for €60m plus bonuses and I don't see ADL splashing that kind of cash without selling one of his assets. Given Koulibali's age there won't be a better time to cash in on him. I wonder what Kouilibaly himself is thinking, he's been one of the world's most sought after centrebacks for years now and the window of opportunity for him no just to leave but establish himself in a better side is rapidly closing. Selling him at this point would make total sense from every point of view but I wonder if the owner's greed will put a stop to it once again.

No champions league football and financially hit with covid, Napoli must be selling 1 or 2 big stars, Koulibaly and possibly Milik or Ruiz. 

If Koulibaly's price came down to around £50m, i think that has to be tempting, even with no resale value. It isnt usually a deal i wpuld expect us to go anywhere near these days, but if Lampard was really keen and pushed for it, maybe he could convince the board that Koulibaly would pay for himself with almost guaranteed Champions League qualification for the next 3 or 4 years. 

Im very skeptical on the links to Gimenez and Oblak. I know Atletico arent the same financial power force as Barcelona or Madrid, and they do sell their best players regularly, but i havent read anything concrete that would convince me they need the money so much, that they would negotiate prices for either player. Theres no way we will pay the buy out clauses. If it transpires they are struggling to stump up the Morata money, then we could have a chance. At the moment though both seem like pipe dreams.

17 hours ago, axman2526 said:

In terms of FFP. I remember hearing somewhere UEFA would relax that this summer as the effects of the virus on club accounts make it impossible for most to comply.

If that is true, ans while it would be taking advantage of that fact, if Roman wanted to sink the best part of 500mill on players it would likely lead to no punishment. Would be up to him if he wanted to do so or not.

I can't see Roman wanting to pump that kind of money into the club.  Chelsea's model has changed significantly since the early days, for the better.  That, coupled with rise in player prices and changing position for Roman personally would limit that kind of investment/risk to me.

That said, for all the ins/outs mentioned above, I do think the club can acquire 4-6 quality players this summer and come out relatively neutral.  Champions League income will make a significant difference and is imperative we quality for successive years - success breads success here IMO.  

Also completely agree with Big Blue - Athletico do have a habit of selling at just the right time, so perhaps Oblak is not the way to go right now.  I'm not sure where that leaves us relative to other options.  I watched Milan yesterday and was shocked to see Donnarumma dive twice in the same attack.  He recovered so quickly.  It's been a long time since I've seen a goalkeeper even move.

1 hour ago, PhilH930 said:

I can't see Roman wanting to pump that kind of money into the club.  Chelsea's model has changed significantly since the early days, for the better.  That, coupled with rise in player prices and changing position for Roman personally would limit that kind of investment/risk to me.

That said, for all the ins/outs mentioned above, I do think the club can acquire 4-6 quality players this summer and come out relatively neutral.  Champions League income will make a significant difference and is imperative we quality for successive years - success breads success here IMO.  

Also completely agree with Big Blue - Athletico do have a habit of selling at just the right time, so perhaps Oblak is not the way to go right now.  I'm not sure where that leaves us relative to other options.  I watched Milan yesterday and was shocked to see Donnarumma dive twice in the same attack.  He recovered so quickly.  It's been a long time since I've seen a goalkeeper even move.

Oblak and Donnaruma are my top 2 choices for GK at the moment, in that order.

Back to Tagliafico 🙂

As an Ajax seasonticket holder I've seen the guy up close for a couple of years now. After coming over from Independiente midway the '17/'18 season (after winning them the Copa Sudamericana!) he has been a beast. Came in as just a ruthless defender, he's now leaving Ajax as a complete player and a regular starter for Argentina. 

The rumours of him being availablefor just 25 mil. are already confirmed here in Holland. Signing him and keeping Alonso for the upcoming season seems like a good combination. Nico can be the man on the left when playing with 4, while Alonso can be your (inverted) wingback when playing with 3 central defenders against either a strong opponent or one with 2 up front. 

Spending 60/70 mil. on Chilwell seems ridiculous. In some Spanish papers Cucurella is mentioned as a possible option. Like him as a player, but he's another attacking player like Alonso. 

Edited by MYF
On 25/07/2020 at 00:23, axman2526 said:

Roman doesn't need to pump in hardly any money when we can raise the funds by offloading players. We can easily raise another 150m just from that which we can use to sign a LB (Tagliafico 25m) and spend the rest on a CB and GK.

11 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Roman doesn't need to pump in hardly any money when we can raise the funds by offloading players. We can easily raise another 150m just from that which we can use to sign a LB (Tagliafico 25m) and spend the rest on a CB and GK.

That is assuming clubs can afford to spend with the hit of covid.