When people are saying he’s not good enough for a top 4 team, bear in mind he’ll be 3rd/4th choice most of the time with CHO and a replacement for Pedro effectively. Providing the price isn’t insane then we could do a lot worse. The whole squad can’t be world class as a squad player he’s worth the chance in my opinion.

Edited by EdinburghBlue
16 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Brentford apparently willing to sell him and Watkins for around £25m each. Can't see any other wingers available for that price that would be a better option.

Definitely should go for it imo. An upgrade on Willian for me and available for cheap. Having our out and out wingers next season with Pulisic, Ziyech, Benrahma and CHO would be scary.

Probably still see Mount playing as a winger though........................

Having only ever watched this lad in the final the other night what I would say is if Willan had given the ball away half as much and delivered similar sloppy set pieces as Benrahma did he would have been hung drawn and quartered.  He hid for most of he match then when he did get involved he was selfish and wasteful.  Maybe this was a bad day for him however this was against Fulham who are likely to be next seasons wiping boys.  I'd rather give more opportunities to CHO and Anjorin.

20 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Brentford apparently willing to sell him and Watkins for around £25m each. Can't see any other wingers available for that price that would be a better option.

City have signed Torres for 24m, who is apparently the next big thing in Spain. There will be better wingers for same price imo.

On 06/08/2020 at 13:34, dansubrosa said:

City have signed Torres for 24m, who is apparently the next big thing in Spain. There will be better wingers for same price imo.

Why can’t we find these 25 mil next big thing players, whoever scouts for athleti and ajax, hire them 

• 2 months later...

On 11/10/2020 at 20:19, SFL82 said:

Since we are light on wingers and can still deal with EFL clubs wouldn’t this signing make a lot of sense 

I agree. I would like us to periodically go into the champ or lower to try to find a possible gem. I think this guy could be one.

I also watched the Victor Moses thing with interest because apparently Moses doesn't want to be frozen out (pun intended) and wants to play football, so he has gone/is going to Spartak Moscow i undertstand. If so surely he wants to just play football, at the wages he can command, because if it were just about playing football, surely a loan move to West London Brentford would have been preferable to the frozen Russian tundra. If we could have lent Brentford Moses as a sweetener to signing Benrahma it could have been a win win for all parties.

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

On his way to East Ham by the sounds of it, along with Josh King. Guess they did not need the Rice money to drop the best part of 50mill.

They are now focused on Josh King supposedly. Palace look to be favorites. He would be a good option for us, knowing how many injury issues we have had with our current wingers. That being said if all are fit he may be frustrated with limited playing time.

7 hours ago, forbzy said:

They are now focused on Josh King supposedly. Palace look to be favorites. He would be a good option for us, knowing how many injury issues we have had with our current wingers. That being said if all are fit he may be frustrated with limited playing time.

Or he may prove better than what we have.

18 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Or he may prove better than what we have.

Very true. I've been impressed with what I have seen of him. I'd say he would be worth a go at the price quoted (about 25m).

That being said I haven't seen any links with us since earlier in the summer.