Timo Werner

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

27 minutes ago, Deino said:

The failed lob was probably him celebrating in his head before executing it because the way he scored that last goal was super ice cold

I think that his brain is a ahead of the play, hes always thinking what he is going to do next before the ball gets to him which leads to some mis controls. Its almost like he wants to impress so much.

23 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Is that 8 in all comps now? Can easily see him passing 20 goals in all comps if he stays healthy and remains on pens. Would prefer that be 20+ in the PL plus other comps on top. He’s a goal scorer - plain and simple. 

If he's on pens he will comfortably make 30 in my opinion. 

It's understandable if it takes him a week or so to shake off that nightmare 6-0 beatdown from the Spaniards on Tuesday.

His 1st shot needed a nice save and a nice little pass to Mount that led to the OG.

Most impressed with his flat out speed on that long drive that he laid off to Tammy

As frustrating as the misses are at least he's getting himself into the positions to take them in the first place.

Looked rusty the last couple of games and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start the next couple of games in Europe.... No way he doesn't start against Spurs though, he's too good not to. 

Not really surprising he has been struggling for form since the International break, Germany got an absolute battering and since he has been travelling and playing football without any real downtime. The next 4 days should do him a world of good and help him get into a better frame of mind and I am hoping Pulisic will be fit enough to give him a break at the 60 minute mark on the weekend.

His workrate is phenomenal. We really need his high pressing and attitude but he does miss some chances. He really needs to be main striker and get his confidence back in front of goal. He generally finishes with power and has more success but lately he’s been taking time and side footing shots and he’s nowhere near as lethal. 

He has the JFH type of approach where he is better when finishing with power. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

As frustrating as the misses are at least he's getting himself into the positions to take them in the first place.

Looked rusty the last couple of games and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start the next couple of games in Europe.... No way he doesn't start against Spurs though, he's too good not to. 

I felt the first miss last night was unlucky, the ball came up as he was hitting it.

I would play Ziyech and CHO on the wings, if Werner is rested he can start in the middle or on the bench if he's still recovering but he was really one of the worst players yesterday so I hope he can rest before the Spurs game.

37 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

I felt the first miss last night was unlucky, the ball came up as he was hitting it.

Lampard agrees:

“Timo wants to score that but the ball’s bobbling as it comes along and I know myself that those finishes look a lot easier from afar than they always are,” 

But then, he would say that wouldn't he.