An agreement has been reached with RB Leipzig.

Chelsea Football Club has reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign Timo Werner.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms with the Blues, and will remain at the German club for the rest of the Bundesliga season. He will link up with his new team-mates in July, subject to passing a medical examination.

One of the most feared young strikers in Europe, Werner is renowned for his pace, movement, link-up play and finishing ability. At Leipzig he has most often been deployed in a front two, but he can also play out wide in a front three or as the central striker.

He is currently enjoying the most profitable season of his career yet, having already scored 32 goals and registered 13 assists in 43 appearances in all competitions. After finding the net again against Fortuna Dusseldorf last night, he has two games remaining this season to improve on those numbers.

Werner said: ‘I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us.’

Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are very excited that Timo Werner has chosen to join Chelsea. He is a player who was coveted all over Europe and it is no surprise, he has that rare mix of being young and exciting and yet established and proven. We can’t wait to have Timo on board, but until then we wish him and RB Leipzig all the best for the rest of this season.'

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/18/timo-werner-transfer-agreed

Edited by Jezz

15 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Still cant believe we've managed to get Ziyech and Werner regardless of CL qualification

Neither can I. It seemed certain that Werner was going to liverpool.  Massive for the club that we managed to get him!

This signing is massive for us, i see this as our Hazard replacement.

If we were to now get Havertz i think that would put us on par offensively with Liverpool and City. I like the idea of Werner mixing in with CHO and Pulisic for those wing positions in a 4-3-3, but i think a really good option would be to play him off Abraham with a diamond shaped midfield behind, could go one way or another here making him a nightmare to mark and given tonnes of opportunity to run in from behind;

---‐----------------Abraham/Giroud

‐-------------------------《werner》

----‐---------------Havertz or Mount

----------Kov/Kante---------------Ziyech/RLC

‐---‐-------------------Jorginho/Billy

But, we’ve hardly spent the money from Hazard sale. Crazy really considering we already signed Werner and Ziyech, and it’s only June. We have plenty of time to look at other reinforcements such as defenders or Havertz.

Welcome Werner, I think he’s going to light the league on fire.

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

An agreement has been reached with RB Leipzig.

Chelsea Football Club has reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign Timo Werner.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms with the Blues, and will remain at the German club for the rest of the Bundesliga season. He will link up with his new team-mates in July, subject to passing a medical examination.

One of the most feared young strikers in Europe, Werner is renowned for his pace, movement, link-up play and finishing ability. At Leipzig he has most often been deployed in a front two, but he can also play out wide in a front three or as the central striker.

He is currently enjoying the most profitable season of his career yet, having already scored 32 goals and registered 13 assists in 43 appearances in all competitions. After finding the net again against Fortuna Dusseldorf last night, he has two games remaining this season to improve on those numbers.

Werner said: ‘I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us.’

Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are very excited that Timo Werner has chosen to join Chelsea. He is a player who was coveted all over Europe and it is no surprise, he has that rare mix of being young and exciting and yet established and proven. We can’t wait to have Timo on board, but until then we wish him and RB Leipzig all the best for the rest of this season.'

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/18/timo-werner-transfer-agreed

As far as I can see Chelsea have at least 7 games to play in July 2020.

The above statements are not compatible and I don't understand if Timo can play for the club this season. Maybe he doesn't understand either.

9 minutes ago, Andy North said:

The above statements are not compatible and I don't understand if Timo can play for the club this season. Maybe he doesn't understand either.

I think bundesliga finishes end of the month then he joins us for training but can't be registered to play in the PL.

10 minutes ago, Andy North said:

My interpretation is he will be eligible to train with us in July.

However, he won't play any matches with us until the start of next season which is planned for September assuming no delays occur from now until then.

9 minutes ago, Jezz said:

My interpretation is he will be eligible to train with us in July.

However, he won't play any matches with us until the start of next season which is planned for September assuming no delays occur from now until then.

Does that mean that Willian doesn't get to stay with us until we have finished all our games? I know that sounds like a different subject but his contract also runs out at the end of June.

10 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Does that mean that Willian doesn't get to stay with us until we have finished all our games? I know that sounds like a different subject but his contract also runs out at the end of June.

Well Pedro has decided not to finish the season with us due to signing for Roma, so it's probable that Willian will do the same.

Wow. Werner and Ziyech are a massive upgrade to Willian and Pedro. Both are very flexible which means there will be pressure on our young attacking players to perform compared to now. Ziyech can play Mounts position as well as on both wings and Werner can play any out of the front three. I love it.

If we get two wingbacks and a keeper now we can play for titles next season. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by Vagabond
4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Fantastic news, a day after a beauty of a goal also just to get the juices flowing.

I won't pretend i was excited at all, until i went into the local shop and bumped into the shelf stacking employee i usually natter to about footy, hes a Liverpool fan, he said "your lot kidnapped Werner then, our lot won't pay that much"........,,it makes me laugh, we talk about footy, but neither of us can bare to say the actual names of the teams, as if its filthy to mention team names in public.

Anyway long story short, im now excited because i do like a kidnapping.

18 minutes ago, coco said:

I won't pretend i was excited at all, until i went into the local shop and bumped into the shelf stacking employee i usually natter to about footy, hes a Liverpool fan, he said "your lot kidnapped Werner then, our lot won't pay that much"........,,it makes me laugh, we talk about footy, but neither of us can bare to say the actual names of the teams, as if its filthy to mention team names in public.

Anyway long story short, im now excited because i do like a kidnapping.

I've forwarded this on to my local police station just for future reference.