38 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Even though he’s misfiring like Torres, the rest of his game is invaluable. For me personally he’s undroppable, I’d hate to see him benched this weekend. 

He will play.. contrary to popular belief most top strikers miss a lot of chances apart from Lewa, Aguero and to some degree Kane.. After these 3 you can pick any and people miss chances.. The encouraging part for me is his goal involvement.. which is kay stat..

12 hours ago, Jangz said:

He will play.. contrary to popular belief most top strikers miss a lot of chances apart from Lewa, Aguero and to some degree Kane.. After these 3 you can pick any and people miss chances.. The encouraging part for me is his goal involvement.. which is kay stat..

There is no such thing as a good clinical striker. It is one of the most misleading things in football. 

The best strikers in the world average over 4 shots per game and have a conversion rate of around 20%. Shots per game is a far better predictor of a striker's ability to score consistently.

This should come to no surprise to Chelsea fans who've watched the likes of Torres, Remy, Ba, Costa and Morata lose their scoring touch.

17 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Maybe take him out of the spotlight on Sunday and reward CHO for his goal with a spot on the left of Giroud and Ziyech.

Timo, Tammy and maybe Pulisic are good attacking options from the bench.

I doubt very much going with a front 3 who have never played together for such a big game would be a good idea.

I think CHO deserves a start against Sevilla but for Spurs Frank has to go with the Tried and tested front 3 of Tammy, Werner & Ziyech.

Yes Timo misses some shots but he’s putting himself in the positions to get those shots. If he ever cleans up his finishing he could be one of the elite. I’m sure the Chelsea brass knew prior to his signing and are going to give him all the support he needs to get the finishing down. He is still young much like the rest of the team. The potential is very exciting.

Edited by Mouwry
1 hour ago, Mouwry said:

Yes Timo misses some shots but he’s putting himself in the positions to get those shots. If he ever cleans up his finishing he could be one of the elite. I’m sure the Chelsea brass knew prior to his signing and are going to give him all the support he needs to get the finishing down. He is still young much like the rest of the team. The potential is very exciting.

Didn't hear anyone saying this about Salomon Kalou when he was here!

It may not be a fair assessment here, but Morata took a huge U-turn after that Arsenal away game when he missed about 3 clear one on one chances. After that his form severely plummeted, but before that he was always missing sitters. The similarity here is that Morata was also getting in key positions and that's why I convinced myself he wasn't going to flop, but he still did. Again, I'm not saying it's the same case here, two different players and mentalities, but he does need to start being more clinical. In such a short space of time he has missed some absolute sitters. 

I just hope this doesn't damage his confidence going forward. It's a good job he's still scored a handful of goals, otherwise with misses like that there's no doubt he would be all over social media now as a massive flop. 

Edited by Slojo
53 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It may not be a fair assessment here, but Morata took a huge U-turn after that Arsenal away game when he missed about 3 clear one on one chances. After that his form severely plummeted, but before that he was always missing sitters. The similarity here is that Morata was also getting in key positions and that's why I convinced myself he wasn't going to flop, but he still did. Again, I'm not saying it's the same case here, two different players and mentalities, but he does need to start being more clinical. In such a short space of time he has missed some absolute sitters. 

I just hope this doesn't damage his confidence going forward. It's a good job he's still scored a handful of goals, otherwise with misses like that there's no doubt he would be all over social media now as a massive flop. 

Werner should just play as a striker in the middle, he plays much better there. CHO proved himself so he and Ziyech can be on the wings till Pulisic comes back.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

One obvious difference is that Timo is far more skillful with the ball at his feet and much faster. Even if he's not getting the goals, he will get assists simply because he's a much better overall footballer. So if he gets into a rut, a few matches out wide and some assists will get him his confidence back in no time (assuming he eventually starts to play central).

I am not too concerned about Werner, I can't remember the last time we had a Winger who practically plays like a second striker and consistently gets in the box in goal scoring positions. Hazard enjoyed coming deep and building the play and playing Willian felt like playing a Wingback as a winger. The funny thing is Pulisic offers something similar to Werner on the left where he is incredibly direct and arriving in the box from that left side is a big strength of his.

5 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

When you remove a striker from the striking position he won’t score as much. It’s that simple. 

He is still getting chances from a wide position but he will have even more from central position and build his confidence. He is far better finishing with power than finesse. 

He scored mountains from the same position last year. Plenty of the goals he has missed haven't been from the left hand side of the box they have been from the central striking position. 

On 25/11/2020 at 17:45, dansubrosa said:

Even though he’s misfiring like Torres, the rest of his game is invaluable. For me personally he’s undroppable, I’d hate to see him benched this weekend. 

Weird as this will sound before i apply context but Torres was pretty clinical.

He had that shocker at OT but whenever he went 1 v 1 or had a clear chance i was always confident he'd score, his problem was his movement and tactical brain was shocking which meant he'd often go games without getting a sniff of a chance. If Torres was genuinely a bad/flakey finisher he wouldn't have even got to double figures with us!

6 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

When you remove a striker from the striking position he won’t score as much. It’s that simple. 

He is still getting chances from a wide position but he will have even more from central position and build his confidence. He is far better finishing with power than finesse. 

One of the reasons Werner was signed was due to his ability to coexist with other forwards.

On 26/11/2020 at 19:44, ashwin said:

One obvious difference is that Timo is far more skillful with the ball at his feet and much faster. Even if he's not getting the goals, he will get assists simply because he's a much better overall footballer. So if he gets into a rut, a few matches out wide and some assists will get him his confidence back in no time (assuming he eventually starts to play central).

I also think Werner isn't a defeatist like Morata was. Morata would miss and then just give up, Werner's reaction is totally different. The Newcastle game is proof of this. He makes a few mistakes and then runs almost the entire pitch with the ball and sets up a goal for Abraham.

I'm not worried about Werner, he will score a lot of goals and he's already started doing it. 8 goals in 14 games starting most of the games left wing is a good start.