As a Chelsea fan from Munich, delighted this one has gone through and he didn't end up at Bayern. Lethal striker and a big statement from Roman, Marina and Frank that we're not fading away from the top table yet. Hope Timo keeps his scoring up in the EPL 👌

Just now, Jamieblue said:

As a Chelsea fan from Munich, delighted this one has gone through and he didn't end up at Bayern. Lethal striker and a big statement from Roman, Marina and Frank that we're not fading away from the top table yet. Hope Timo keeps his scoring up in the EPL 👌

I heard/read  that both Werner & Havertz don't want to goto bayscum - I wonder why?

tenor.gif?itemid=3817176

Just now, robdog said:

I heard/read  that both Werner & Havertz don't want to goto bayscum - I wonder why?

tenor.gif?itemid=3817176

Bayern fans often got on Warner's back when he was playing against them, also they wouldn't pay up for him last season- not complaining though!

4 minutes ago, Jamieblue said:

Bayern fans often got on Warner's back when he was playing against them, also they wouldn't pay up for him last season- not complaining though!

one more thing I forgot, Werner came up through the VbB Stuttgart system - there is a huge rivalry with VfB Stuttgart & bayscum - I found this video a very intesting story of the two clubs

I Watched a few YouTube’s of him and found none scoring with his head and only two close range with his left. (Has anyone got vids of him scoring other than his right foot ?) - not being negative I see it as scope for development and improvement 

Pace and directness are great, he will scare the crap out of defences

Just now, andy said:

I Watched a few YouTube’s of him and found none scoring with his head and only two close range with his left. (Has anyone got vids of him scoring other than his right foot ?) - not being negative I see it as scope for development and improvement 

One good thing is that Werner is German & when he was born, "Ball auf dem Kopf" - ball is on his head - I don't think Werner is that tall or a great leaper but he is a finisher & has pace to exploit defenses 

9 minutes ago, robdog said:

One good thing is that Werner is German & when he was born, "Ball auf dem Kopf" - ball is on his head - I don't think Werner is that tall or a great leaper but he is a finisher & has pace to exploit defenses 

Agree, I was under the incorrect impression he was an out and out stricker, watching him again he is more Robben than Drogba. Looks very sharp, fingers crossed 🤞 

2 minutes ago, andy said:

Agree, I was under the incorrect impression he was an out and out stricker, watching him again he is more Robben than Drogba. Looks very sharp, fingers crossed 🤞 

Hmm if I think about it, I would classify Werner more like Inzaghi & guess what? These two are the same height - 5' 11"

Edited by robdog

Eaz_TDEXQAMPpik?format=jpg&name=large

Heat-Map.png

Werner and Pulisic on the left most likely.

Liverpool saying he's not good enough for them? 

Timo-werner-shotsxtouches.png?strip=all&

Only one close is Salah, that has more touches in the box but less goals and less assists.

Timo-Werner-shotsxxG.png?strip=all&w=960

I actually saw a stat that showed that Werner's bottom left corner shots are goals 75% of the time or something like that but I can't find it anymore.

Anyway liverpol fans are so mad that they are actually posting some ps4 fifa cards as arguments at this point :biggrin:

And then the reality check :laugh2:

EazBp1wWoAAZJiR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Timo will destroy the noob scousers, here are some words from the captain

Meanwhile Havertz is liking every post that Timo sends out and he said that he would love to play together with him one day...

6 hours ago, andy said:

Can you imagine him and Ziyech running at defences with Tammy in the middle and RLC or even Pulasic behind them. That’s the most intimidating attack in the league I believe  

Its going to be very interesting to see where he and the others all play, though I wouldnt read too much into their staring positions in the team. Werner plays predominantly wide left cutting in, Pulisic starts left but he spends a lot of time in the middle, CHO was right sided cutting in quite often in the youth sides, and it looks like ziyech is right sided cutting in. What we now have is 4 wide players all comfortable coming into the middle, crossing the pitch and coming deep. This is going to cause defences nightmares if we can get this right between the front 3 or 4, depending on formation, they will be dragging defenders all over the place, the pace is frightening. Then we have Tammy who is an out and out centre forward to either start or come from the bench to give even more options. Its going to be great to watch next season.