1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Are you sure? I vaguely remember a player (not sure who) getting a medal after leaving the club midseason.

That was a bit of an assumption as there wouldn't be many left after the 25 man squad + backroom staff get medals, though that depends on how many players played 0 games.

Medals are just a commodity anyway, the more important thing is the record of achievement but even more important is if the player really feels like a champion, most players who leave in January don't feel like a strong part of the campaign.

11 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

This is the player i'm most excited about, when is the last time we signed a genuine world class Striker?

This is a fun link..https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Timo-Werner-vs-Lautaro-Javier-Martinez

Some of these stats aren't so good. Maybe I'm misinterpreting them but it says his conversion rate of shots from both inside and outside the box is below average.

On 18/08/2020 at 08:55, Andy North said:

Some of these stats aren't so good. Maybe I'm misinterpreting them but it says his conversion rate of shots from both inside and outside the box is below average.

I think he is known to be a bit streaky with his finishing at times. Scores a lot though so he must have excellent positioning and awareness

10 hours ago, Adamrb said:

I think he is known to be a bit streaky with his finishing at times. Scores a lot though so he must have excellent positioning and awareness

I hope I'm proven to be overly critical here.

Streaky finishing?

I think his pace and reading of the game gets him into scoring positions. We will need to gel up front quickly.

Will he play alongside Tammy or take his place?

40 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

My personal projections of what our strikers are capable of

Werner 20 goals 

Tammy 15-20

Giroud 10-15

I think this is acceptable...

The fact you put 3 of our strikers on double figures shows we shouldn't be debating the striker situation, it's all set up for the three of them to compete for the position, we just need to wait to see who is going to hit the ground running. Everything is ok up front. ............... defence is another matter all together, and worrying the hell out of me..

• 2 weeks later...

I did notice that later on in the first half he was already dropping deep to help move things forward.  Especially when Alonso was passing backward each and every time.  Hope that doesn't become a source of frustration.  It was the same with Torres and Morata, need our strikers to stay in the final 3rd and be a little patient. 

21 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

I did notice that later on in the first half he was already dropping deep to help move things forward.  Especially when Alonso was passing backward each and every time.  Hope that doesn't become a source of frustration.  It was the same with Torres and Morata, need our strikers to stay in the final 3rd and be a little patient. 

Hopefully Kai will alleviate some of that