Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hes still been nowhere near good enough, missing loads of chances, making loads of mistakes/bad choices, mis-controlling plenty of passes etc. But look at you with your little chubby on because he played fairly well in a game, scored a sitter from a yard and had one very good assist. You pathetic little child.

Oh come on, it was amusing! I thought so anyway...:blush2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Who has been saying all the stuff you posted? The majority of people have been asking for Tammy to be given game time to prove himself, while pointing out Werner has been playing poorly when it comes to the one thing we are severely lacking in our game, goals. 

Tammy has been given plenty  of opportunity to prove himself throughout the season - and he hasn't contributed enough. Chances don't get given for free. 
 

Anyway, no need to get into it again -but if you are really keen, than I made a list a week ago inviting you to add any of the game changing, point winning contributions from him this year. Didn't get a reply, to that list, so thought you didn't want to continue the debate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nonotnowjim said:

Tammy has been given plenty  of opportunity to prove himself throughout the season - and he hasn't contributed enough. Chances don't get given for free. 
 

Anyway, no need to get into it again -but if you are really keen, than I made a list a week ago inviting you to add any of the game changing, point winning contributions from him this year. Didn't get a reply, to that list, so thought you didn't want to continue the debate. 

Its not a debate when you see the utter dross you post about Abraham. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

48 appearances and 26 goal contributions now. 

Key to our attacking play. 

TT just quoted as saying werner "works like a dog". He is not wrong. 
 

The lad is perhaps the hardest working forward in the league. 2 good finishes today as well, albeit well offside.

Coming good at a key time, and as you say, absolutely key to our attacking play. 

Edited by nonotnowjim
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

48 appearances and 26 goal contributions now. 

Key to our attacking play. 

Out of those 26 it's mainly assists so as soon as we see it a bit closer it's obvious that he hasn't been good enough overall despite his overall contributions.

Nothing worked for him this game but he gets the assist and saves his overall bad performance so he must step up in the CL final.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact his assists are so close to his goals is no coincidence. According to who scored that's 13 goals and 12 assists for Chelsea this season in all comps (I believe not including pens won). 

He looks more confident when he's offside because those are the chances he's more used to where he has time and space to pick his shot.

Really glad he's surprised many and took on the playmaker role this season we really needed one who could give out assists. Now imagine he adds more goals (which we know he can) to his already steadily improving playmaking he could become a real problem for teams in the prem because he's not one dimensional. 

Finally Timo has 8 assists this season in the league that matches his all time high which he hit last season. With the possibility in the last 3 games for him to get a career high.

The future looks bright. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Out of those 26 it's mainly assists so as soon as we see it a bit closer it's obvious that he hasn't been good enough overall despite his overall contributions.

Nothing worked for him this game but he gets the assist and saves his overall bad performance so he must step up in the CL final.

Underperforming but still consistently making match winning contributions. 

I'll take it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Underperforming but still consistently making match winning contributions. 

I'll take it. 

I take it as well, better an assist than nothing but I personally hope he'll become a really good player next season. I don't think this is the best he can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

He'll hit a sitter onto the post and then assist the winner in the CL final. Believe in Timo!

By that point he'll be using the posts to assist himself. He's THAT good 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an interview with Julian Nagelsmann, where he says he has avidly followed Werners progress, and says he normally would convert these big misses blindfolded, so you tell me whats happened.

Also he was given no referee protection today, and got treated by Cities cynical dirty bastard c**ts, and was kicked to pieces..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I saw an interview with Julian Nagelsmann, where he says he has avidly followed Werners progress, and says he normally would convert these big misses blindfolded, so you tell me whats happened.

Also he was given no referee protection today, and got treated by Cities cynical dirty bastard c**ts, and was kicked to pieces..

Interesting to hear. There was also a video on the previous page, which would back that assertion up in which he made finishing look so easy. If Timo can even find 20% of his goalscoring form, then he will be on fire.

But when all is said and done, even with the misses, he is by far our most effective striker this season. He offers more in all aspects of his play than Bambi, and at this stage the Handsome Frenchman is just a bit too static to stretch teams and be a consistent threat. Timo continues to contribute to big and genuinely important game changing goals/assists that win us points, he has a cracking combined goal/assist record, and perhaps more importantly than the goal contributions, is that his constant direct running puts the fear of god into defender and unsettles them. Only had to see Citeh hack him to pieces out of fear that he was going to get in behind them.

My son has a book that explains succinctly the offside rule - anyone know where Timo lives so I can get it sent to him?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charierre said:

His willingness to make runs beyond the last line made him a constant threat to City, who were scared sh*tless by them. He just needs to get back onside quicker and arc his runs a little better and he'll score a hatful. Next season I expect him to score quite a few more. Nailed on starter for the CL final.

Fully agree that the City back line were petrified. Also fully agree on his runs and how frustrating they can be. Michael Owen was pointing out loads of examples of how Werner needs to bend his runs to stay onside. Its almost like he is too eager or clueless to notice.  At one point today, Puli was running forward with the ball, and couldnt play timo in (who was begging for the ball to be played), because Werner was clearly about 3 ft offside. Little tweaks to his game will go a long way.

Champions league starter though? But what about Tammy? He surely deserves a chance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Interesting to hear. There was also a video on the previous page, which would back that assertion up in which he made finishing look so easy. If Timo can even find 20% of his goalscoring form, then he will be on fire.

But when all is said and done, even with the misses, he is by far our most effective striker this season. He offers more in all aspects of his play than Bambi, and at this stage the Handsome Frenchman is just a bit too static to stretch teams and be a consistent threat. Timo continues to contribute to big and genuinely important game changing goals/assists that win us points, he has a cracking combined goal/assist record, and perhaps more importantly than the goal contributions, is that his constant direct running puts the fear of god into defender and unsettles them. Only had to see Citeh hack him to pieces out of fear that he was going to get in behind them.

My son has a book that explains succinctly the offside rule - anyone know where Timo lives so I can get it sent to him?

 

Heres a Scenario to of drooled over, now Hazard was Quick, imagine what he'd of been with Werners pace, Yes you got it,  Messi, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Heres a Scenario to of drooled over, now Hazard was Quick, imagine what he'd of been with Werners pace, Yes you got it,  Messi, lol

Eden could never have been as quick....the lad loves holiday burgers too much. Scary thought thought!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in the MOTM thread but should probably stick it up here in the Timo thread.

IMO overall Werner had an awful game. Terrible touches, loads of offsides...... again! But unlike Torres, he keeps on trying, keeps on working, and he always seems to be involved somewhere in the good things that happen. Personally, on what I have seen so far,  I'd swap him for Haaland in a heartbeat, but I do admire his heart and attitude and would love to see him come good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!