Timo Werner

Jezz

Give him another season, we should all be wary of giving up on players, this season has proven that, he will probably have stiffer competition next season, who knows that might ignite him, although i admit he has a lot to prove.

45 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Love him. He’s so sh*t at finishing but my god he is a very good player, very intelligent with movement.

Havertz would never have been through on goal for his goal if Werner didn't drag Dias out of position in the first place with his run. Underrated part of his game that.

Also worked his socks off again.

Another brilliant performance last night. Dangerous all night, ran his socks off, and fundamental to the winning goal. What a first season. 

Champions league winner!

I have said it before, but he is to us and our 2021 champions league winning team, to what Giroud was to the France world cup team. Can't score,  but crucial to how we play and crucial to the win. 

Enjoy a rest turbo - fingers crossed you get some new shooting boots in the off season!

4 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Another brilliant performance last night. Dangerous all night, ran his socks off, and fundamental to the winning goal. What a first season. 

Champions league winner!

I have said it before, but he is to us and our 2021 champions league winning team, to what Giroud was to the France world cup team. Can't score,  but crucial to how we play and crucial to the win. 

Enjoy a rest turbo - fingers crossed you get some new shooting boots in the off season!

His off the ball run for Kai is what created all that space for our winning goal. Walker Stones and Diaz were all focused on Werner hence why Havertz had all that SPACE in the middle.  It is obvious he is a great weapon against a highline but we still need a striker that can thrive against a low block especially since i am sure Tammy and Giroud will be leaving this summer

I think he was important to this team, noticed yesterday when he took off on a run two defenders went with him, that opens up spaces for others.

There is certainty something wrong mentally with his finishing, might get resolved before next season if not then guess we will look to sell on.

I admire his tenacity to not give up and still work for the team.

Unfortunately he is not the only one misfiring, Pulisic has struggled to hit the target too.

He'll be a superstar for us alongside Kai and Hakim (hopefully). He might have struggled but he still had a good season. Winning the UCL in your first season is pretty impressive, being part of a group of around 6 new starting players means even less chemistry in theory. 

If you look at our starting 11 for the finals we had 5 players from the summer (Mendy, Silva, Chillwell, Havertz & Werner) that's very impressive, they became the best team in the world in one season. Credit to the players that were here prior to the summer buys, the Chelsea squad in general was a big factor in this win.

My main point is look how good he was at the start of the season you an see the confidence is there. He lost it and his performances showed this, I think this summer he will work as hard as anybody to take the next step and dominate the prem.

For all the love in the world I have for Eden. I think when we won the Prem titles, each summer after he was relaxing and not really focusing as much on taking the next step up.

Timo strikes me as the kind of guy that won't be happy with just 1 UCL I think he'll be looking to get into the kind of form over the summer that will fire us to the prem.

2 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

He'll be a superstar for us alongside Kai and Hakim (hopefully). He might have struggled but he still had a good season. Winning the UCL in your first season is pretty impressive, being part of a group of around 6 new starting players means even less chemistry in theory. 

If you look at our starting 11 for the finals we had 5 players from the summer (Mendy, Silva, Chillwell, Havertz & Werner) that's very impressive, they became the best team in the world in one season. Credit to the players that were here prior to the summer buys, the Chelsea squad in general was a big factor in this win.

My main point is look how good he was at the start of the season you an see the confidence is there. He lost it and his performances showed this, I think this summer he will work as hard as anybody to take the next step and dominate the prem.

For all the love in the world I have for Eden. I think when we won the Prem titles, each summer after he was relaxing and not really focusing as much on taking the next step up.

Timo strikes me as the kind of guy that won't be happy with just 1 UCL I think he'll be looking to get into the kind of form over the summer that will fire us to the prem.

Thanks for posting. A real difference in the confidence and assured nature of how he struck the ball in the early part of the season compared to the end.

Such a big player for us in big games - goals and assists in some very important matches against some big teams there....and this doesnt even get into the pens he won us.

1 hour ago, nonotnowjim said:

Thanks for posting. A real difference in the confidence and assured nature of how he struck the ball in the early part of the season compared to the end.

Such a big player for us in big games - goals and assists in some very important matches against some big teams there....and this doesnt even get into the pens he won us.

"Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as Strikers life"

47 minutes ago, Dean said:

Same

Me too, I have seen enough already (especially when at RBL 34 Goals in all competitions) to know that last season was a blip and that Timo will come good when his confidence returns. Would love to see him playing alongside Lewandowski 💙

He couldn't do any worse than last season, that's for sure. Watched his highlights from RBL, most goals came from him running into high line, then blast the ball into the net. He seemed to hit the ball early, and not keen to run around GK or curve the ball. With  better GKs in the EPL , no wonder he couldn't finish off some of his chances , think he could add a bit of variety into his finishing

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Timo for euros top scorer?

Doubt that as he will not be a starter. I actually doubt that he is much of a tournament player when thinking about his mentality and that until now he did not have big numbers in Cup events. Not if Havertz keeps him out. Getting Müller back into the national team what was a big story the recent two years here in Germany (and he by far has been Germany's best offensive player in the recent two years added by all of his secondary attributes he gives to his teams) means that he + 2 others will start - he was not brought back for the bench but for his skills commanding an offense and the movement, pressing and play and having a workrate like Kante. Gnabry is a tournament player and set with Löw because of performances in the last 2 years in the national team. So the last spot will either go to Havertz, Werner or Sane and right now Havertz (especially if you saw yesterday how well he matches to the two others) seems to be the best in form of them.  

Match Highlights in English on the official homepage of the German FA https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-germany-vs-latvia/30194/

Edited by Maldeika

39 minutes ago, coombsie said:

Me too, I have seen enough already (especially when at RBL 34 Goals in all competitions) to know that last season was a blip and that Timo will come good when his confidence returns. Would love to see him playing alongside Lewandowski 💙

Yeah. A key factor for me is that, given his heavy involvement at the business end of the pitch, only minor adjustments are required for a significant potential impact (goals). We’re talking fractions of seconds in the timing of his runs, for example. 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

15 goals disallowed due to offsides and other VAR decisions this season. Improve there first.

Evissy, I am certain that these flaws surfaced because of his desperation to succeed or at least try and prove that he could. As I posted earlier, he scored 34 goals for Leipzig in his last Season and you don't do this, without having some idea of the offside rule, although admittedly we didn't have VAR then.