Timo Werner

Jezz

I think that he would have been a good option to bring in for Lukaku in the second half because he presses a lot and he’d given us a good option for the counters.

19 hours ago, charierre said:

I think if Kante hadn't been injured, Werner would have been a good out ball today instead of Lukaku who although battled well against the odds didn't really have the legs to stretch the defence.

Nah we probably would have lost if we play Werner up top by himself 

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nah we probably would have lost if we play Werner up top by himself 

Based on what? Another Mystic Meg on the site?  Bringing Werner on at 70 mins would have given the Liverpool defence more to think about with his running the channels than Lukaku who by this time was jogging around. As it was Tuchel couldn't really do that substitution as he needed to hold one replacement back to cover one of the midfielders/defenders running out of steam.

9 hours ago, charierre said:

Based on what? Another Mystic Meg on the site?  Bringing Werner on at 70 mins would have given the Liverpool defence more to think about with his running the channels than Lukaku who by this time was jogging around. As it was Tuchel couldn't really do that substitution as he needed to hold one replacement back to cover one of the midfielders/defenders running out of steam.

When you are down with 10 man, playing lone st up top, you don't want to play Werner. Werner can run the channel all he want but we will never gonna find him. The first priority is to alleviate pressure from our defense and then score. If we keep pumping long through ball to Werner, he will lose the ball and we will be under pressure again. I remember Rudiger just thumped the ball with 0 purpose and everyone asked him to calm down. 

If Reece incident didn't happen then bringing Werner make sense. I am pretty sure you will see Werner for either Lukaku or Havertz.

1 hour ago, weetee said:

Doubt TT needs much convincing. My guess is he sets up Werner now like he did with Havertz last season who wasn't rushed in at the beginning but rather prepared well during training sessions before let on the pitch; which worked pretty well I'd say.

I couldn't agree more, if you look at our squad at least in terms of last season even though he had the most minutes Timo is the most likely player to be involved in a goal for us. Aside from Lukaku of course who looks likely to score whenever he has the ball in the box. 

If Timo regains his confidence we have exactly what we need to challenge for the Prem two top marksmen surrounded by creative players like Kai, Mason, Hakim and Christian. Not to mention Marcos, Callum, Ben and Reece who are all capable of putting in great balls into the box.

I think with confidence of scoring the past 2 games, and having lukaku playing with him who can can hold the ball and provide balls through the line he should get a goal or 2 in the up coming matches 

22 hours ago, weetee said:

Doubt TT needs much convincing. My guess is he sets up Werner now like he did with Havertz last season who wasn't rushed in at the beginning but rather prepared well during training sessions before let on the pitch; which worked pretty well I'd say.

Is it because timo is a new player or  a youth player? 

Edited by Bob stark

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Is it because timo is a new player or  a youth player? 

No, because he eventually has to adapt to Lukaku while also being in sub-par form beforehand. He's not that versatile like Mount or Havertz who can easier adapt - in my opinion. If it wasn't for James' red I'd guess he would have seen quite some minutes against Liverpool already.

2 hours ago, weetee said:

No, because he eventually has to adapt to Lukaku while also being in sub-par form beforehand. He's not that versatile like Mount or Havertz who can easier adapt - in my opinion. If it wasn't for James' red I'd guess he would have seen quite some minutes against Liverpool already.

If you want him to adapt to Lukaku, you have to let him play with Lukaku more not bench him. 

Was going to come on here saying 3 goals in 3 games, but did anyone see his miss today. I honestly think it has undone all the confidence he built up. It was an open goal, right in the centre, 3 yards out, noone near him.

Im not suprised Havertz shielded that ball for it to be his goal. He couldnt even celebrate, he seemed broken after that earlier miss.

Edited by Oli

At least he's get game time and scored 3 goals, a bit of form and confidence heading into a heavy schedule. He does have an unique way to miss tap ins. I wouldnt worry about Havetz, he let the goal in deliberately, dont think he's the kind of person lose sleep over a couple of bad misses.