coco

Chelsea v Man City (PL) Thur 25th Jun 20:15 GMT

20 hours ago, JM7 said:

Think of all them points we dropped in Dec/Jan. We were what 12 points ahead?

Before the Villa game we hadn't won 2 PL games in a row since November, it's astonishing how we're still even in the top 4 with that stat. 

Ooooo Barkley? That's a gamble, but he's been on good form lately, fingers crossed. I would've rather had Kovacic on than Barkley or Mount though at the very least. 

But Lampard's going for it, fair play. It's just that LB situation, Mahrez can rip Alonso a new one like he did Emerson last time. 

Just now, bisright1 said:

Made the correct changes but I don't think the same tactics will work. 

Well I was hoping for a 4-2-3-1 but lets see how this works, Mount and Barkley are more productive in offense but I would have gone for Billy or Jorginho instead of one of them.

Attacking line up tbh. Just need to be concentrated at the back, mount and barkley need to get up and support giroud, and pulisic will hopefully be a useful out ball on the counter.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Let's start without our all our three most technically astute midfielders against City, like really?

Can't see this going well... I don't like Barkley against good opposition aswell, he's not good under pressure, Kante is going to have his hands full here. 

6 minutes ago, big blue said:

Attacking line up tbh. Just need to be concentrated at the back, mount and barkley need to get up and support giroud, and pulisic will hopefully be a useful out ball on the counter.

The only way this lineup would even make the slightest bit of sense if we were going full Pulis ball, which in itself will be a worry because it shows Lampard is compromising on his principles (which was when it started going really wrong under AVB).

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Can't see this going well... I don't like Barkley against good opposition aswell, he's not good under pressure, Kante is going to have his hands full here. 

Frank Is worrying me with his selection patterns, what the hell is he thinking.

3 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Alonso in a back 4 and Barkley against a top side... can’t see them playing well. Not really rating this selection at all.  

Barkley 100% deserved a start after how well he has been playing. His goal vs Liverpool is one of the best of the season.

Pep said that his team will be focusing on the FA Cup final but his lineup is the strongest he could deploy so he was full of it.

12 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Barkley 100% deserved a start after how well he has been playing. His goal vs Liverpool is one of the best of the season.

But I thought what happened 3 months ago doesn't count now?

This is what happened the last time Kante played deeper midfielder in a big game, look at how he was wiped out for Ozil's goal , exactly why I keep screaming that he shouldn't play there.

5 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Come on....that was 4 years ago.

This...so many variables it's tough to see how you can apply it to today. 

9 minutes ago, Argo said:

This is what happened the last time Kante played deeper midfielder in a big game, look at how he was wiped out for Ozil's goal , exactly why I keep screaming that he shouldn't play there.

Bit unfair ... he was only at fault for two of the goals LOL