Jump to content

coco

Leicester v Chelsea (FA) Sun 28th June 2020 16:00 GMT

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

     We said the same thing about west-ham in the home game and were predicting that it would be the game that got Pellegrini fired and look how that turned out. We would have played 2 games while west-ham have been resting. I dont doubt that we are a better team than westham but fatigue, Westhams relegation battle and the extra motivation that this is a derby makes this a much trickier tie than people are giving credit.

       Another important factor is that even a little injury like a hamstring which normally takes 2 weeks to heal will be a big blow during this crammed up project restart because  normally a hamstring injury will cost a player 2 games but with the fixtures so close we could actually lose a player for 5 games just from a little injury. I also want us to go far and hopefully win the Fa cup but i care more about getting the top 4 which gives us extra revenue (not that we need it but with FFP we actually do) and also the ability to buy top players during the transfer window

     We need to give minutes to those who didnt start against Man city so that the whole squad is fresh and rest those who have played our last 2 games   I just pray this match is over in 90 mins . 

Yea, good comment bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We want a trophy but I’d be prioritising the league right now as part of the bigger picture, WestHam are fir the taking but we should make sure to get the job done, we need CL to attract top players for this rebuild frank is doing. 
 

Kepa

James

Rudi

Zouma

Azpi


Gilmour

kova

RLC

 
Willian

Tammy

Pedro

 

 

Edited by SFL82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same lineup, same tactic. We have to win this and run as far as we can in this competition.

The players looked good and motivated, we were hungry enough to beat City.

Winning here is another step forward, COME ON CHELS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pulisic, Gilmour and Kovacic should all start. Also would like to see Rudiger and Christensen to start again, they need to play as much games together as possible instead of always changing up the lineup.

This is the only trophy we have to play for this season, so I want to try and win it! Realistically UCL will be too tough at this stage for us

Edited by driller97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Pulisic, Gilmour and Kovacic should all start. Also would like to see Rudiger and Christensen to start again, they need to play as much games together as possible instead of always changing up the lineup.

This is the only trophy we have to play for this season, so I want to try and win it! Realistically UCL will be too tough at this stage for us

Finishing in the top four is the most important goal for us at this point. FA Cup would be a nice bonus, but qualifying for the CL is the number one priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abramovich said:

Finishing in the top four is the most important goal for us at this point. FA Cup would be a nice bonus, but qualifying for the CL is the number one priority.

Yeah thats true actually, we're already in a fairly good position for that though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chance to rest a few players 

 

caba

james zouma christensen Emerson 

kovacic jorginho Ruben 

pedro Abraham mount 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

1-2 Pulisic first scorer? Might as well continue our post lockdown tradition :good2:

Right, I'll go Mason Mount and also 2-1 to us.::ChELSeAFaN::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

     We said the same thing about west-ham in the home game and were predicting that it would be the game that got Pellegrini fired and look how that turned out. We would have played 2 games while west-ham have been resting. I dont doubt that we are a better team than westham but fatigue, Westhams relegation battle and the extra motivation that this is a derby makes this a much trickier tie than people are giving credit.

The West Ham home game was down to playing Pedro and Giroud for the first time in months, not due to resting Kante.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanlu13913 said:

I assume in the states we’re stuck finding crappy streams online?

ESPN+  

It's only $5 per month. I like to watch the Serie A games on demand. 

But your 7 day trial would get you the match today without paying. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Argo said:

The West Ham home game was down to playing Pedro and Giroud for the first time in months, not due to resting Kante.

My point wasn't about resting Kante, we actually played better without Kante earlier in the season because of lampards stubbornness in playing Kante as an attaking midfielder.  I was just saying that you cant just expect to show up and beat a team because they have bad form. If you want to blame the loss to westham on Giroud and Pedro being rusty then whats your excuse for losing at home to a trashy bournemouth or for losing to Everon with a rookie Duncan Ferguson having his first game,or losing to Newcastle and Southampton after impressive wins against Arsenal and Tottenham

Edited by The Don Antonio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26/06/2020 at 05:59, ozboy said:

I’d be giving Willian and Pulisic a rest in this one and maybe Kante and Dave. 
 

james Christensen rudigier alonso

barkely Jorginho kovaxic

          RLC
pedro Abraham 

RLC is too slow to play forward at this point. Gilmour and CHO need to play today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was disappointed that the game wasn't broadcast here in US.  Had the time to watch it but no TV coverage.  

Didn't know until now that it was an FA Cup game which probably explains why it isn't broadcast here.

Too bad not a PL game.  Would give us the chance to jump Leicester for 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Arsenal win that game?  They are awful and Sheff Utd have started poorly since the break.  Would love to draw Arsenal if we get through today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...