West Ham Utd v Chelsea (PL) Wed 1st July 2020 20:15 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Before lockdown it really looked like we stepped up a gear in the evolution of this team. Combinations, link up play, creating chances galore.

Now all off a sudden we're back to relying on one individual to produce moments of magic to win us games. It's been enough so far and will probably be enough in the second half but it isn't sustainable.

16 minutes ago, driller97 said:

This zonal marking utter sh*te will never work, tactics are garbage when it comes to defending

and i reiterate my f**king point. Exact same situation and we concede again.

Also wtaf is Tammy doing the prat? Hes like bambi on ice just falling over

1 minute ago, evissy said:
3 minutes ago, Valpo said:
Do they even practice defending corners?

I feel they don't. We have zero natural defending leadership. Rudiger needlessly gave away that corner with some high class blundering. West Ham have only their corners and freekicks do we can't give them away.

Just saw the replay of him giving away that corner.  Missed it before.  What the heck??

Just now, Zeta said:

When are we going to actually get better at defending set pieces? We've been appaling at them for so long now.

Since pre season last year we looked good in attack but our marking at set pieces was dreadful, thought it was a learning process and the guys need to get used to whatever zonal marking we were trying to implement but it's just as bad if not worse than before. Why we are not seeing any improvement in a year is pretty worrying. 

We have been so strong at the back for so long that seeing this circus week in week out is getting hard to take. Maybe Frank needs to let go some of the coaching staff and get guys in who know what they are doing. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Yet again. I’m actually f**king sick of watching that. We are the worst side I’ve ever seen defend set pieces. EVERY SINGLE ONE looks like it’s going to be a goal. They’ve had two and scored twice. Frank and Jody have done well so far but if they don’t sort that out they’re in big trouble.

those are just errors.. Azpi did what he could.. if our foolish keeper didnt run out he saves that... and Tammy should have cleared it with his head.. and it should not have been a corner in the first place..

This game could easily been 2-0 or 2-1 in WHU favor.

Chelsea defending is absolutely shocking at this point, absolutely ZERO improvement throughout the entire season. Doesn't matter if it's Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Zouma, etc.; the defensive unit just can't do the job and the coaching staff is the biggest contributor of this failure.

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

what can a manager do with a Keeper like that and defenders who sh*t their pants everytime they have to mark someone..

Shouldn’t get to the keeper needing to make a save, we look like conceding every set piece is that all kepas fault? The training isn’t working, defending is drills, drills, drills 

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Before lockdown it really looked like we stepped up a gear in the evolution of this team. Combinations, link up play, creating chances galore.

Now all off a sudden we're back to relying on one individual to produce moments of magic to win us games. It's been enough so far and will probably be enough in the second half but it isn't sustainable.

This is probably the worst half we played all season long. 

2 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Watching Tammy makes the Werner signing even more spectacular. Cannot wait to see him in blue.

Giroud for Tammy

Mount for Barkley 

James for Azpi

James I wouldn't want on, he was pretty clumsy, slow and generally full of errors when he's played since the break. He's not the answer in this game 

Edited by Chelsbear

Kepa is good at reflex saves but loses his head. Azpi has heart but goes for a mismatch every time. 

Rudiger needs someone who can guide him what to do in shaky moments. Like wtf, smack the ball long.

Our defence is so pathetic. We have nearly men for defenders and it shows how average we are at the back

2 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

Hopefully he proves me wrong but Abraham provides nothing upfront. He either loses it or loses out to a west ham defender. 

Yeah hes been poor for a while. I honestly dont even rate him above Giroud

We were so stupid in that corner, seriously. Players already knew that West Ham are playing on the tall players, the same player scored the first one, how could we leave it like that in the second corner.

Rudiger's corner was so childish. These mistakes are annoying and disappointing, we can't allow it to happen. Every corner now is like 60% goal for the opponent. 

Just now, SFL82 said:

Shouldn’t get to the keeper needing to make a save, we look like conceding every set piece is that all kepas fault? The training isn’t working, defending is drills, drills, drills 

nope most are individual errors... by players who are not doing their job... you can coach a system.. after that players are supposed to do their job... 

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

On the bright side this surely is the last straw for Kepa and our CBs? The window has just opened and there should be plenty of time to get someone better in.

We had better get some this defense won't ever win the league