coco

Crystal Palace v Chelsea (PL) Tue 7th July 2020 18:00 GMT

Dangerous score line. I’m pretty nervous as teams always find a way to claw back in. We really need to close down and not them back into this. 

also kepa needs to sort him self out. 

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Where was the midfield three all gone to get a fish n chips down Croydon??

Also why was no one closing him down?

They’d heard how great the food is at this school round the corner and popped round for supper :blush2:

As long as we don't hire a coach who knows how to put the team to defend, there's no solution.

The game starts with 0-1, after a 0-2, against a team that does not play anything here the freak festival started back there.

The team does not know how to defend.

And Gilmour here, please, a little more respect.
A lot is at stake.

Willian and Pulisic, always them, always them.

Just now, evissy said:

Kepa is a bit sh*te. I am no keeper but that looks like it can be saved. 

It’s not the first time he has beaten from distance like that.

A decent keeper at this standard should be saving that.

There is no way Cech or courtois would have conceded from that far out 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

That's also true, just with Kepa it's been a thing all season, it's just so frustrating. 

Has one good game and it all goes to sh*t again. 

I agree! I think I was saying the other day/week that I can’t think of a single game where I think ‘Wow, Kepa was fantastic in that game’.

Started brilliantly and once again we concede to a shot that most goalkeepers in the premier league would probably save, certainly the better keepers in the league. Reece James giving the ball away quite a lot but given he hasn’t had a run of games in the team can be forgiven to an extent.

Hopefully we lift back up to the levels before Palace got their goal. Pulisic has been brilliant once again, as has Willian. A third goal for us to settle the nerves please! 

If we want to challenge for the title, we can't concede savable out-of-the-box shots potshots like that. Increasingly of the opinion Kepa isn't good enough. Flapped at a couple of balls too.

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I maintain my stance that he only looked that way through blue tinted glasses. He looked great getting forward and put some great balls in to the box but defensively looked suspect (bar a few games like the opposite leg of this one). He gets turned inside out very easy but the talent is obviously there for him to become a great player. 

Now you put it like that and remind me that it was his crossing of the ball that caught my eye during the early season ,iam now more worried that he is not upto the bench mark as a defender 

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

We complain about Barkley being slow to react at times, but James has been as bad if not worse at times this season.

Agreed RJ has been very sloppy. I would say James gets more slack because he is 6 years younger and has had injuries this season. James will get better but Barkley has been the same player for the last 6 years. 

2 ways the 2nd half can go

- start like the 1st, get out there play the fast passing game and get the 3rd and all the points  

- breakdown completely due to more individual mistakes (James, Kepa) invite them on, defend like headless chickens and concede again then chase the game and be lucky to get a point. 

Which shall it be ?

p.s. keeper needs replacing, worst save stats in division and it shows enough please. 

11 minutes ago, Valpo said:

Wait a second, how much did Chelsea pay for Kepa?  Are you implying his transfer was a record setter at the position?

That’s what the Daily Mail journalist said, but you know what that’s worth, it’s a steady job, but he wants to be a Paperback Writer. 😂

Really good first 30 minutes but we've (Kepa) let them back in it and now we're looking nervy.

Let's get the third early in the second half and stop them getting balls into our box and I can put my feet up and relax a little.

My opinion of mount has gone up since the restart. He looks much better playing behind Pulisic and his work rate is excellent.  James has always looked shaky in defence. Terrible by Kepa, most obvious weak attempt I’ve seen from him. 

gilmour better and probably doing enough. Zouma has been good last two games. Reliable and strong on the air. 

4 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Trying to take my mind off that palace 30+ yard thunder bolt goal > did I mention that that kit is horrendous 

774C7B72-C89B-4693-80D8-7812774CF99E.gif

1 minute ago, abigsmurf said:

If we want to challenge for the title, we can't concede savable out-of-the-box shots potshots like that. Increasingly of the opinion Kepa isn't good enough. Flapped at a couple of balls too.

How hard would it be to offload him.  Sounds like he's making a lot of money.

What scout thought he was worth it?

Kepa gone with wrong hand and was falling back before the ball arrived...got to go...also Reeve James gave the ball away in the build up with what should have been a simple ball...want Jourinho on the settle the midfield...and maybe Barkley might go mad and actually pass to a team mate...selfish player him...

10 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

How good is Mount, him getting regular game time at this level has turned him into a proper talent. 

So underrated. Fans starting to see it. He’s absolutely critical. Engine of the team.