Declan Rice to Chelsea?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

26 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Good move by the board saying they dont want Rice. Lampard probably only wants him because he's Mount's friend.

We have a leader in Thiago Silva now, which makes Rice surplus. Especially with the amount on midfield options we have. Would much rather get Ampadu back into the team next year instead of wasting 80m on Rice.

Did the board say this?

As many people have mentioned, he is hardly going to be a leader immediately. Comparison with Thiago Silva is bizarre because he will not be around for more than a year or two.

Also bizarre that you think Lampard wants a player at this level with so much money at stake because he is someone's friend.

On 13/09/2020 at 12:49, JM7 said:

Not quite sure why we want him given we have Jorginho, Kova, Gilmore and Kante. Think we’re overloaded at DM already. 

I think the opposite, Jorginho is too slow around the pitch to challenge cleanly, Kova and Kate seem to wander forwards and Gilmour is a creative MF not a DM.

Rice could do a job and complement our existing DMs if a deal can be made. 

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

You think all these established players will immediately accept him as leader, without him having to show them that he deserves it? I was only an average player myself, no matter how much I enjoyed it, but I worked in investment banking research teams at a high level for more than 30 years and did well. Leadership was recognized  over time and trust the same.. perhaps it’s different at Chelsea. 

I think they could, do you think its impossible that it could happen?

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I think the opposite, Jorginho is too slow around the pitch to challenge cleanly, Kova and Kate seem to wander forwards and Gilmour is a creative MF not a DM.

Rice could do a job and complement our existing DMs if a deal can be made. 

kova played pretty well as a DM for Madrid

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think they could, do you think its impossible that it could happen?

Not impossible. Just long odds. First he has to show them he belongs in the team as a player and then that he should be the on field organiser and the dressing room motivator. 
there are people like that at young age in various industries eg Eric Clapton or Mark Zuckerberg at the most extreme.   So  I’ll shut up now and if he rejoins Chelsea I’ll be hoping he’s a big success. I’ve been wrong about tons of stuff before. 

2 hours ago, ashwin said:

Did the board say this?

As many people have mentioned, he is hardly going to be a leader immediately. Comparison with Thiago Silva is bizarre because he will not be around for more than a year or two.

Also bizarre that you think Lampard wants a player at this level with so much money at stake because he is someone's friend.

Yes they did.

Thiago Silav isn't going to be around for too long, but by that time he would have already had an impact on the real future of our defence in Mbuyamba, Sarr and Christensen.

Lampard loves Mount, he'll probably do anything to keep him happy.

2 hours ago, driller97 said:

Yes they did.

Thiago Silav isn't going to be around for too long, but by that time he would have already had an impact on the real future of our defence in Mbuyamba, Sarr and Christensen.

Lampard loves Mount, he'll probably do anything to keep him happy.

Source?

6 hours ago, ashwin said:

7 hours ago, driller97 said:

Good move by the board saying they dont want Rice. Lampard probably only wants him because he's Mount's friend.

6 hours ago, ashwin said:

Did the board say this?

3 hours ago, driller97 said:

Yes they did.

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

Source?

21 minutes ago, driller97 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/lampard-chelsea-board-73m-rice-transfer

Lampard wants rice, the board dont. Simple.

This is why people like should be asked for a source 😂 you make it sound like the board actually said that and it finally ends up being speculation by some journalist. Do you really not see a problem here?

Don't even want to begin with your other logic. We say Rice is a leader for the future and you bring up Thiago Silva who is here for 1-2 years. And then you say that there are other defenders to be groomed. Are you even getting the point?

There can be several answers that make the counter point and make sense. But not yours. You can say "Rice is not leadership material", "he's too mediocre a player to be taken seriously", "we have other good candidates", " the role of a leader is debatable". All points that are debatable but make sense. Your response made absolutely no sense. What does grooming Malang Sarr Christensen, etc. have to do with anything.

Also about this, are you deliberately avoiding a reasonable discussion?

28 minutes ago, driller97 said:

you think Lampard doesnt love Mount?

Maybe Lampard loves Mount, maybe he does not. It's the "he'll probably do anything to keep Mount happy" statement that is stupid. And naive at best. 

I imagine all of Mounts school friends will now be queueing up at Cobham.

13 minutes ago, driller97 said:

This is turning into a circle jerk between Asswin and Dicky, im out.

Its clear Lampard loves Mount, no matter how awful he's been at times hence why he always plays him no matter what the position. Probably would put Mount in as a CB over Tomori if our defenders get injured

Or you can engage with logic 🙂 humbly admit that you do not know whether the board has 'said' anything. And that you disingenuously tried to make it appear so. Your Mount statements are truly bizarre... I can't understand whether you really believe Lampard would bring in an 80m player to please Mount. Given some of the other things you say, you really seem to believe it. Amazing.

Oh just noticed the 'Asswin', nice 😁

23 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Its clear Lampard loves Mount, no matter how awful he's been at times hence why he always plays him no matter what the position. Probably would put Mount in as a CB over Tomori if our defenders get injured

Mount is still only 21, so can be expected to have "off-games" and struggle at times and Lamps has rotated as he's seen fit but I don't think Mount has ever been "awful" as you describe. For awful, I would give you the whole defence and Kepa but not Mount!

47 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Or you can engage with logic 🙂 humbly admit that you do not know whether the board has 'said' anything. And that you disingenuously tried to make it appear so. Your Mount statements are truly bizarre... I can't understand whether you really believe Lampard would bring in an 80m player to please Mount. Given some of the other things you say, you really seem to believe it. Amazing.

Oh just noticed the 'Asswin', nice 😁

We've already seen it at the brighton game when cho was benched to play mount as a winger

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Isnt there some local boozer you need to be down downing Stella right now? Alchy

Isnt there some social media platform you should be on making a complete c**t of yourself. 

Edited by dkw

2 hours ago, driller97 said:

But.... Mount hasn't been awful? 

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

Isnt there some social media platform you should be on making a complete c**t of yourself. 

Hello. I don't think we've had any engagement on the forum previously, but if anything it's you who is coming across this way on the forum at the moment.

The name calling coming from the other direction is pretty petty, but the outright swearing and lunacy coming from yourself is even worse.

Take it to PMs both. At least Ashwin is responding in a decent manner despite his misgivings regarding driller's posts.

Edited by SlantyTown