Declan Rice to Chelsea?

I always said gilmour size was an issue you can be small and hardy but short and slight for a midfielder you’ll always get bullied off the ball, he needs time to fill out and develop his game, a loan would do him good.

He has immense potential and these years are critical, sitting on the bench will not do him any good and let’s be honest the way our team looks now and the intent we are setting he isn’t seeing many minutes. 

Declan Rice is unlikely in my opinion to be good enough for a Chelsea top level team. He may get away with it if he is surrounded by quality in every other position. He would be ok as cover/ League cup but that's all. With all of the recent exciting transfers in and the quality existing young players it would be a shame to lower our standards. Hopefully West Ham will push the price up and we will withdraw🙂

Edited by One Tommy Langley
1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

By all accounts he was pretty crap last night, as was pretty much the whole team. Reports say Mount was decent when he came on as a sub.

Mount was significantly better than Sancho when he came on for him. What does that mean? Not much. 

Southgate put out a team that was 5 at the back and had 2 defensive midfielders. Against denmark. Incredibly strange. 

Here is what Matt Law had to say about it yesterday: 

Frank wants a new DM and Rice is his top target, Declan wants to return. Reason left to last is because it is the most difficult and possibly the most money. He isn't going to force his way out of West Ham. "As long as Frank is head coach, Rice will come to Chelsea this summer or next summer".

Also:

"Lampard and Chelsea are extremely happy with the midfield talent, but not the mix in Midfield". Kova and Jorginho don't bring out the best in eachother defensively, leaves holes, Kovacic & Kante pair is quiet and do not speak as much on the pitch. Chelsea is a very quiet team aside from Kepa, Azpi & Rudi. They want the mix to work defensively and offensively (which they believe it does offensively so far but not organisationally from a defensive standpoint), they want someone to partner either Kante or Kova and talk to them to help them organise into defensive position. Aside from Rice, Brozovic & Soumare are options that the club are interested in.

Not sure how gospel Matt Law is but I agree with the point  there aren’t any real talkers or leaders in midfield. Does it matter? Do you really need to spend all that money just to have someone talking on field? I watch inter from time to time and I don’t see how brozovic is either an upgrade or a talker. 

12 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Not sure how gospel Matt Law is but I agree with the point  there aren’t any real talkers or leaders in midfield. Does it matter? Do you really need to spend all that money just to have someone talking on field? I watch inter from time to time and I don’t see how brozovic is either an upgrade or a talker. 

I am one of those who believe that having someone who's a leader with a bit of personality and steel makes a proper difference. Every great team have at least one and preferably multiple leaders and the last two season i don't think we've had even one.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Jorginho is a big talker so that statement isn't true, he tells literally everyone what to do and where to be so I don't buy it.

We need a combination of a vocal player who's good and also fits the system Frank wants to play.  Jorginho isn’t that guy.  If we just wanted someone to shout and order everyone about we’d just sign Gordon Ramsey.  
I thought Rice played well last night, just England’s formation and performance as a whole was slow and lacked creativity.

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

We need a combination of a vocal player who's good and also fits the system Frank wants to play.  Jorginho isn’t that guy.  If we just wanted someone to shout and order everyone about we’d just sign Gordon Ramsey.  
I thought Rice played well last night, just England’s formation and performance as a whole was slow and lacked creativity.

I think it's interesting how none of our deeper midfielders seem to fit for that system.

Because they are all so different from each other and yet none of them fits, Jorginho is a deep-lying playmaker but doesn't fit, Kante is a box-to-box midfielder and doesn't fit, not even the player of the year Kovacic fits and he's a DM too.

But I'm to believe that Rice does fit. So now we will rebuild the whole midfield because of him and Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho will be on the bench so that he plays with Mount and Havertz.

Too much reconstruction, we are not that bad and we don't need that many fixes IMO.

Edited by Gol15
4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Mount was significantly better than Sancho when he came on for him. What does that mean? Not much. 

Southgate put out a team that was 5 at the back and had 2 defensive midfielders. Against denmark. Incredibly strange. 

To be honest it’s incredibly strange that Southgate is England manager.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I think it's interesting how none of our deeper midfielders seem to fit for that system.

Because they are all so different from each other and yet none of them fits, Jorginho is a deep-lying playmaker but doesn't fit, Kante is a box-to-box midfielder and doesn't fit, not even the player of the year Kovacic fits and he's a DM too.

But I'm to believe that Rice does fit. So now we will rebuild the whole midfield because of him and Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho will be on the bench so that he plays with Mount and Havertz.

Too much reconstruction, we are not that bad and we don't need that many fixes IMO.

Suspect what Frank is really looking for is "Makelele Mk 2" to sit in front of the centre backs ... not sure that player exists LOL

8 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Have we been linked with that one bloke no one heard about in Spain that a few people on here will fall in love with because they watched edited videos of them not making a single mistake on YouTube and will call Rice sh*te and too expensive? Have we hit that part of the transfer saga, yet?

You're about a month behind by my count ... 🙂

49 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Have we been linked with that one bloke no one heard about in Spain that a few people on here will fall in love with because they watched edited videos of them not making a single mistake on YouTube and will call Rice sh*te and too expensive? Have we hit that part of the transfer saga, yet?

Where have you been for the last 4 weeks? It was chilwell that's sh*te and too expensive, oh and because we signed one English player it proves frank is really biased towards English players. 

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

Either Camavinga or Bruno Guimarães are who you want to spend £50m on, not Rice.

Bruno looks decent, we were linked with him before he ended up at Lyon. Camavinga is highly rated, but at 17, i think he is besy staying in france. 

I really like Partey, Soumare and Zakaria aswell. 

Centre Midfield doesnt seem quite right, despite us having some quality players there. 

I wouldnt want us to rush into this Rice deal for big money, I would go with what we have, and then review it next summer. 

Theres a lot of quality centre midfielders about, and most of them dont look like moving this summer. 

Rice isnt the best playmaker, but he is improving. Maybe he will end up at centre back anyway.

If we do end up with Rice, im sure he can go on to have a solid career for us, and if he keeps improving every season, he may have a spectacular career here.