Declan Rice to Chelsea?

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Kante can't play lone DM because he disappears up the pitch. 

Ampadu has never performed at senior level. He couldn't break into the RB side. Let's see if he can break into Sheffield united before we determine if he is the future or not. 

Beyond performing very well at international level for Wales of course.

Funnily enough also Kante plays lone DM internationally, behind a very attacking lineup. But given he is so undisciplined that must be having a big impact on the team. Can you remind me how France have been doing recently?

51 minutes ago, abramovich said:

You must be confusing Davies with Alaba. Davies plays as a winger/wingback, it was Alaba who was moved to the CB spot.

As for moving RLC to DM postion, he doesn't have any characteristics that fit that role. 

Davies was a forward when he played in the MLS and moved to Bayern. You are correct that he plays wing back which he was moved to due to injuries on their squad.

I think you are right about RLC. The Achilles injury will likely impact him the rest of his career. He doesn’t have a position on Chelsea right now. He would be best served with a loan. 

On 25/09/2020 at 00:45, TheGreatestGame said:

Bayern made Alphonso Davies a center back as he was originally a forward. Why not try to convert RLC to a holding/defensive midfielder? 

RLC doesn't have the speed, toughness and defensive nous to play that role. He also doesn't have the sublime passing and tempo creating skills either. So he can't become a ball winning or playmaking No. 6

What he has is physique, technical ability and a shot for goal which is much more ideal for a No. 8

37 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Funnily enough also Kante plays lone DM internationally, behind a very attacking lineup. But given he is so undisciplined that must be having a big impact on the team. Can you remind me how France have been doing recently?

Wales is hardly the level we aspire to is it? 

Kante doesn't play lone DM for France. 

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

His performances for Wales in big internationals against the likes of World Cup finalists Croatia have been superb. 

There’s really only next week to get anymore business done, can’t see the Pikeys selling him at the last moment as I’m sure they’d wish to reinvest the 50 odd mill it will take, so in my humble opinion unless an offer is made Monday this deal ain’t happening 

but as we know stranger things have happened at Chelsea on past deadline days 

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

His performances for Wales in big internationals against the likes of World Cup finalists Croatia have been superb. 

There's multiple examples of average players looking good in internationals for countries like wales. 

I just want to see it consistently in premier league before we decide he is definitely the future of our team. 

What we need know is a bit of  stability and get all the players up to speed with the system, and keep fit for f* sake. Last thing we want is another young expensive signing, and at the expense of an established player. I'm not against Rice, he could be the signing in 12 months time, but for now, keep the money and get the team in shape

I feel we dont need him. Turned his back on Ireland to be English again, no dont need him. Kante is pure class playing in front of the back four. If wevare going to buy get Lamperty back from Brighton. We need a right back who is quick and defend and attack with the ball at his feet. Not kick it sideways or backwards ( theyve all watched Ray Wilkins videos.....only jesting). Lamperty can also cross watched the kids at Aldershot for years. The only thing Lamperty didnt do was open his mouth alot. Feel it was Jody Morris got this one wrong.

10 minutes ago, Londons Finest said:

I feel we dont need him. Turned his back on Ireland to be English again, no dont need him. Kante is pure class playing in front of the back four. If wevare going to buy get Lamperty back from Brighton. We need a right back who is quick and defend and attack with the ball at his feet. Not kick it sideways or backwards ( theyve all watched Ray Wilkins videos.....only jesting). Lamperty can also cross watched the kids at Aldershot for years. The only thing Lamperty didnt do was open his mouth alot. Feel it was Jody Morris got this one wrong.

Rambling nonsense. 

Lamptey by the way. 

28 minutes ago, Londons Finest said:

Thank you for your correction......my opinion....... Thank you for your English lesson also....blame it on a comprehensive school education........ Not like you lovely private school chaps..... Im only working class.....mear cannon fodder.

I didn't give you an english lesson. I just told you how to spell someone's name.

22 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

There is talk of Rice to Chelsea and Jorginho to Arsenal.

The clock is ticking.

I hope that we don't sell one of the best deep-lying playmakers to Arsenal, even if we do sign Rice. Apparently Jorginho is our luxury while our best player Kovacic and world class Kante can't dominate West Brom...

I don't know exactly how is Rice going to improve us, he's not really making a difference for West Ham. I will try to see at least a little bit from the match today but this is getting a bit silly, are our problems really going to go away as soon as Rice joins us?

Or dkw.......GREED.

Gol 15 i hope he does go to Arsenal will slow them right up. I agree about Rice, again my opinion total waste of time. Play Kante in front of the back 4 in the Makalale roll. Thats his position.

We are not good enough at the back all the time James and Christiansen  are in it as well as Alonso to have the luxury of a dead slow player in Jorginhio.

Franks still learning this team will be good.

Opinions hey.....though fantastic debate.

6 hours ago, Londons Finest said:

In one word       LOYALTY.

Thankyou Bisright you " damn fine chap"

What's wrong with someone finding employment elsewhere? Lamptey thought his career - HIS career, this is not not about your precious feelings  - would be better off at another club. We switch jobs, why wouldn't he, when his contract ended?

Valerie fair play. He should of been pushed by us he was the better player than James always was. I have watched both play the smaller lad is by far the better player always looked it. Jody Morris i believe got this one wrong.

i never knocked Lamptey, read the posts again . Loyaty was aimed at Declan Rice saying his love for Ireland and his family roots, then all of a sudden he came English again. Why because of lack of loyalty and greed. To be fair to the lad he got wrong advice. Though shows use your own mind, dont be a sheep.