Declan Rice to Chelsea?

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Maybe...just maybe...your "joke" is not as funny as you think :wink:

Rice had 70%, 72% and 48% passing accuracy in the first 3 PL games, if that was Jorginho you would lose your mind here probably :laugh2: I mean he should know how to protect the backline he played as a CB as much as he played in the midfield...

Where are you getting those statistics from ?

Whoscored has it slightly different to the numbers you are quoting :

image.png.e536c5f5e3ce96c908a286c3503617f3.png

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Where are you getting those statistics from ?

Whoscored has it slightly different to the numbers you are quoting :

image.png.e536c5f5e3ce96c908a286c3503617f3.png

1318449022_Namnls.thumb.png.0254051f1a311e6aec795e7ffd57e45f.png

Only passes (crosses not included). Don't expect him to create goal scoring chances cause we won't be getting much creativity from him.

57 minutes ago, Scott said:

In 2 years time Ampadu will be a DM and Rice a CB. Neither of them has yet completed the journey. 

Disagree, it will be the other way round. Never been impressed by Ampadu in DM but i feel he has elite potential as a CB.

Rice on the other hand is coming into his own as a DM.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Disagree, it will be the other way round. Never been impressed by Ampadu in DM but i feel he has elite potential as a CB.

I'm starting to agree about Rice. I thought we would only want him as. CB not too long back but think we would work very well as a DM for us. And can imagine that's the position Frank will have in mind for him.

But I still cannot see any elite potential in Ampadu. Let's see.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

There is still a huge question mark regarding how much he would actually be able to influence our team as a DM. Our defense has been shaky regardless of who was our DM for years now, IMO even if Rice does his job it won't matter unless our backline improves with Chilwell, T.Silva and Mendy.

Regardless of who is our deepest midfielder our backline must improve as its own unit, our midfield has been the least problematic out of all parts of the squad so Rice will find himself surrounded by quality players that can do most of the hard work for him, specially Mount that does a whole lot higher up the pitch, Kovacic that can do a full transition from our box to the final third by his own and Havertz that can casually create an opening or win back possession out of nowhere.

If Rice needs to be our brute player then so be it, he can just keep it simple and pass to Kova or Kai and we'll be fine but is that enough to protect Christensen from making more blunders, that I'm not sure of... At some point it has to be clear that a midfielder can't do a job of a CB for a full 90 min game.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Only passes (crosses not included). Don't expect him to create goal scoring chances cause we won't be getting much creativity from him.

Same source then LOL. What is the difference between their Pass Accuracy % and Pass Success % metrics ?

PA% 80.4% vs Pass Success 48% ? Something looks awry there LOL .... I suspect they have screwed something up on the West Ham data. 48% is the same as Fabianski's percentage. The 85% for Neves is the same for both PA% and Pass Success % (85%), so you'd expect to see the same for Rice.

I'd be amazed if their algorithm could score him at 8.4 for the game if he's giving the ball away more than 50% of the time.

Edited by Sexyfootball

Now look at it .. I just switched from player to player a few times and it's correct now LOL

image.png.2dbf140322a36ed788fe9d8d74e0aa2b.png

You can tell the original screenshot you shared is wrong, as it shows him with 3 "saves" ... which is the domain only of goalkeepers LOL.

Edited by Sexyfootball

11 hours ago, Argo said:

Ampadu is better at CB while Rice is a DM.

Even at DM I think its debateable. Ampadu has pretty much already been the best player for Sheffield in every game he's played and i think by the end of the season after he gets plenty of gametime, he will come back and be a massive player for us.

In DM I think he can certainly do a job, but ofc he will need to get minutes there

3 hours ago, driller97 said:

Even at DM I think its debateable. Ampadu has pretty much already been the best player for Sheffield in every game he's played and i think by the end of the season after he gets plenty of gametime, he will come back and be a massive player for us.

In DM I think he can certainly do a job, but ofc he will need to get minutes there

Jesus. Ampadu has started 1 game for Sheffield united in the league. 

Incidentally his pass % is 60%.

Ampadu is never the reason to not sign Rice. Ampadu is a signing we will make next summer and the discussion about Ampadu is for then. 

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Now look at it .. I just switched from player to player a few times and it's correct now LOL

image.png.2dbf140322a36ed788fe9d8d74e0aa2b.png

You can tell the original screenshot you shared is wrong, as it shows him with 3 "saves" ... which is the domain only of goalkeepers LOL.

Oh well shame on me for using that website for such a long time lol

9 minutes ago, brownindian said:

I have not seen any West Ham matched. Considering that Declan is supposed to cost north of 70 million, what does he bring to the table that Kante and Kovacic does not ? Dont tell me 4 inches of height. 

I've only seen youtube clips and I've posted one.

Strong running on the ball and very strong at dispossessing the opposition.

From whoscored.com

image.png.f604efbaa4c381e823e4c65800dd4ae9.png

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He's actually a DM.

You can make the same argument about Kante esp in our title winning year under Conte.  What i am curious to know is, given that we have spent on Kova, what we know about Kante in his prime why do we think he is the solution ? What does he do or does better than these two people ?

I feel Kante is used more like a box to box midfielder than a proper DM. What if the same if tried with Declan ? I would prefer to spend that money on seasoned proven CBs.   

I just cannot fathom why we are after Declan Rice when for a similar fee we could potentially land Ndidi who is by far the superior player, it must surely be something to do with Rice being more obtainable.

image.thumb.png.7b847818bb4aef7b98dfcf8291b397b5.png

Ndidi has got the stats above playing far fewer minutes too in comparison to Rice, 2674 Minutes (Ndidi) to 3420 Minutes (Rice).

Edited by Imran_CFC
12 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I just cannot fathom why we are after Declan Rice when for a similar fee we could potentially land Ndidi who is by far the superior player, it must surely be something to do with Rice being more obtainable.

Ndidi has got the stats above playing far fewer minutes too in comparison to Rice, 2674 Minutes (Ndidi) to 3420 Minutes (Rice).

This is exactly why this hype around Rice should stop. IMO we should wait till the next summer and then we will clearly see which player is better for us.

Right now I don't think Rice improves us that much that we need to be desperate to sign him because the goals we concede are mainly our backline defending poorly, it has little to do with our midfield and Rice is clearly going to be in the midfield.

15 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

As a big Ndidi fan I fully agree to go for him rather than Declan, but we also need to take these stats a bit in perspective. 

Ndidi plays in a much better team, so it is a bit easier to get certain stats higher than for Declan. 

It probably is also a bit easier to do these things when the pressure is a bit less and your teamplayers have a bit more quality themselves.

eg. goals conceded, clean sheet,... but as said, I'd go any day for my former Genkie 🙂