Declan Rice to Chelsea?

55 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Why would Rice be playing higher up? Mount will play over Kovacic.

4-2-3-1 Rice-Kovacic and Mount/Havertz in front. Kovacic in his natural, deeper role doesn't worry about Mount at all.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You’re not listening. It’s not about who’s better. It’s about who fits the system that Lampard wants to play. Look at when all our midfielders were fit after the break. Who sat out? Kova & Jorginho.

The fact you’re saying Kante needs sold means I’m bowing out this conversation now as it’s absurd to claim we should sell our only world class player.

Not world class anymore, and hes so injury prone as well where he's playing half the games he normally does... Im not saying sell him because I know how good he used to be, but he's a far cry from what he was a couple years ago

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Not sure how this will go down with the Hammers fans remembering how they treated Paul Ince. Declan clearly wants to play for us.

Kind of strange how he was born in Surrey, went to Cobham so must have went to school in Surrey too but yet he sounds like he's from Essex. If you didn't know his background you'd think West Ham was his boyhood club.

Any more on this rumour? If you had asked me about him early season, I would of said no way, typical West Ham player (Mark Noble esk), but seeing a bit during the last part of season, v Spurs and us, he looked very good, and seemed a leader out there, wouldn't mind him now, and it would wind Pikies up no end, just like when Frank Joined. 

28 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Any more on this rumour? If you had asked me about him early season, I would of said no way, typical West Ham player (Mark Noble esk), but seeing a bit during the last part of season, v Spurs and us, he looked very good, and seemed a leader out there, wouldn't mind him now, and it would wind Pikies up no end, just like when Frank Joined. 

Agree with all of that. Lampard seems to want him at centre back. Supports Chelsea and is vocal and a leader. We can do with that right now.

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Has there ever been a bigger cry to 'come get me' than this? Jesus, West Ham fans must be livid. Heading over to that board now. 

Yeah ouch for them.

Hopefully we pay their price and get him on board. We are crying out for leaders. Mason is one imo, rice would be another.

Got to love the clear pride and love for the shirt.

Edited by axman2526
On 29/07/2020 at 12:16, charierre said:

Not sure how this will go down with the Hammers fans remembering how they treated Paul Ince. Declan clearly wants to play for us.

Deep down he wants to come back home.

Sit tight Declan, Frank is working on it😉

35 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

Go get him. He’s a natural leader on the pitch and a big personality. His determination reminds me of JT. 

why did we ever let him go

Good question. Maybe he dod not shown the potential he has grown at west ham?

After our signings from Bayer and Sevilla(Real) are done he should be our next priority imo.

Think he's a signing for us to lose, just pay up instead of f* around with it. He will haunt us for a decade to come if we mess it up, and he ends up with a top 6 team. It's similar to the Pogba situation, just have to  admit we made an error of judgment back in the days, pay up and get him back when he's keen.