Declan Rice to Chelsea?

Marrone

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think Jorginho's mind is faster so he sees thing Rice will not spot as quickly and will be quicker to move the ball. 

As I said before Rice has other strengths.

I thought one of the criticism that most people had on Jorginho last season was we move the ball very2 slowly when he was on the field.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I thought one of the criticism that most people had on Jorginho last season was we move the ball very2 slowly when he was on the field.

Not so much my gripe with him more that he plays it too safe and does not have a recovery tackle.

Sometimes I wish we had overhead coverage so we could see how the players position themselves. 

I was in the East Upper just the once, against Millwall I think and it was obvious from that elevated view what passes were on, we just don't get that view often.

So when a player is looking for a pass, is he taking too long so he goes easy or have the other players stopped moving?

40 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Not so much my gripe with him more that he plays it too safe and does not have a recovery tackle.

Sometimes I wish we had overhead coverage so we could see how the players position themselves. 

I was in the East Upper just the once, against Millwall I think and it was obvious from that elevated view what passes were on, we just don't get that view often.

So when a player is looking for a pass, is he taking too long so he goes easy or have the other players stopped moving?

Next time we play, watch Jorginho closely. Watch his one touch pass and his non one touch pass and compare. Watch the power/speed of his passing and you will understand.

When we signed Jorginho, I had never watched him, all I know that he was this pass master from napoli. I was excited, finally we got a dm to replace Matic. So when our ball movement were just very2 slow  and Jorginho kept making this short sideway passes, I thought maybe Jorgi needed time to understand his mate movement so he was just hesitant. Then I started watching him closely, then it was clear. 

Edited by Bob stark

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Next time we play, watch Jorginho closely. Watch his one touch pass and his non one touch pass and compare. Watch the power/speed of his passing and you will understand.

When we signed Jorginho, I had never watched him, all I know that he was this pass master from napoli. I was excited, finally we got a dm to replace Matic. So when our ball movement were just very2 slow  and Jorginho kept making this short sideway passes, I thought maybe Jorgi needed time to understand his mate movement so he was just hesitant. Then I started watching him closely, then it was clear. 

As I said Jorginho has shortcomings I'm just not convinced Rice will take us to a higher level.

I could be wrong, just the way I see it. 

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

As I said Jorginho has shortcomings I'm just not convinced Rice will take us to a higher level.

I could be wrong, just the way I see it. 

This discussion is not about Rice taking us to the higher level. You basically said Rice will pretty much play backup to Jorgi. 

You said Jorgi move the ball faster (this is clearly false because our ball movement is very2 slow with Jorgi, I highly doubt it will get much worse with  Rice unless he ii Bakayoko level on the ball but clearly he isn't) 

Jorgiknit the team better, I said I have doubt but let's say i agree but rice is clearly better defensively both on the ground and aerially.  

Purely from these two fact alone, I don't think you can say rice will sit behind Jorgi in fact I can see Rice playing over Jorgi. 

Because of Rice superior athleticism, he is far more versatile and can play in multiple role so it is so much easier for Tuchel to use him against different opponents. Aditional height is always welcome against big team, Tuchel can use his better defensive ability against stronger team or add one more attacker against weaker team without being afraid of counter attack. 

Edited by Bob stark

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

This discussion is not about Rice taking us to the higher level. You basically said Rice will pretty much play backup to Jorgi. 

You said Jorgi move the ball faster (this is clearly false because our ball movement is very2 slow with Jorgi, I highly doubt it will get much worse with  Rice unless he ii Bakayoko level on the ball but clearly he isn't) 

Jorgiknit the team better, I said I have doubt but let's say i agree but rice is clearly better defensively both on the ground and aerially.  

Purely from these two fact alone, I don't think you can say rice will sit behind Jorgi in fact I can see Rice playing over Jorgi. 

Because of Rice superior athleticism, he is far more versatile and can play in multiple role so it is so much easier for Tuchel to use him against different opponents. Aditional height is always welcome against big team, Tuchel can use his better defensive ability against stronger team or add one more attacker against weaker team without being afraid of counter attack. 

Who would you play with Rice?

Just now, guddy69 said:

He could play next to Rice James in the middle and broth Barkley.. 

I didn't see that coming.......

What like?

Barkley   Rice     James

or 

Barkley

Rice              James

• 3 weeks later...

41 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Fingers crossed this Declan Rice obsession gets put to bed soon. I’d much rather Bellingham if it was a choice between the two.

Rice would be such a strange addition - if true I at least doubt TT would be that pleased (although he‘d keep that opinion rather private). Lukaku will change our style quite a bit already but Rice would mean a 180.

Bellingham would be amazing..can‘t really see Dortmund selling this season but who knows.

5 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Almost certainly bollocks but supposedly EuroSport are linking us with Jude Bellingham:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-bellingham-abraham-24764857

We apparently tried to sign him before he joined Dortmund and we're supposedly keeping tabs on him. 

Don't think we'd be in for him yet but likely to happen at some point, bit like how we tracked Barkley for a few years along with Shaw and Stones. 

1 hour ago, timetowaste said:

Fingers crossed this Declan Rice obsession gets put to bed soon. I’d much rather Bellingham if it was a choice between the two.

Bellingham is a winger/attacker, Rice a defensive/central midfielder. The latter type we actually need. Rice is a very good player. I just don't see us getting him this late. Maybe next season... 

EDIT: was wrong about his position. CM/DM... Well... okay. No comments then. 

Edited by evissy