coco

Chelsea v Norwich (PL) Tues 14th Jul 20:15 GMT

Hopefully the United fukup will give us extra motivation to defeat Norwich. This reminds me of the last season when the Top 4 contenders were losing so many games in the final phase.

The mancs had a couple of injurys and it looks like 2nd choice palyers will have to step up for them ,every margin will 

be needed to keep cfc in 3rd or 4th for CL place ,i just dont Trust our lot after West ham and sheff utd bad showings 

2 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

The mancs had a couple of injurys and it looks like 2nd choice palyers will have to step up for them ,every margin will 

be needed to keep cfc in 3rd or 4th for CL place ,i just dont Trust our lot after West ham and sheff utd bad showings 

Poor subs and too late, plus a couple of players had an off-night. Ole showing his inexperience again in defending a lead with time running out. I don't think you'll slip up againt norwich but they've got nothing to lose now so you never know. 4th place could be determined at Leicester when we go there but teams are jittery and more so now that the bitters have been reprieved.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

Poor subs and too late, plus a couple of players had an off-night. Ole showing his inexperience again in defending a lead with time running out. I don't think you'll slip up againt norwich but they've got nothing to lose now so you never know. 4th place could be determined at Leicester when we go there but teams are jittery and more so now that the bitters have been reprieved.

I feel this game is going to be very open and very entertaining. I think Pulisic and Giroud will have plenty of spaces behind the defense to exploit.

I fully expect Chelsea to put 3-4 goals on the score sheet.

Edited by haviet1

Absolutely no excuses for not beating the bottom team who are already relegated.

It would put pressure on Leicester and Man Utd for their games later this week.

Pogba looked well off it tonite > can you build a team round him ? > DDG cant catch a cold ,so he was never comming off his line 

to take charge in that last corner by catching the ball .

the mancs looked knackered in second half ,but i still expected you lot to see the game out since its man utd etc etc > i guess that half my head still thinks of man utd when purple nose was at the helm and not Ole at the wheel like today .

on a side note ,that tune that man utd come out to > this is the one / Stone roses > i pay for a match ticket to be in score board paddock just to hear that been blasted out 

9 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

I feel this game is going to be very open and very entertaining. I think Pulisic and Giroud will have plenty of spaces behind the defense to exploit.

I fully expect Chelsea to put 3-4 goals on the score sheet.

I take a 1-0 win since its points that make prizes and our goal difference is that sh*te it will never help us . I just dont know which cfc will turn up against Norwich > the good > bad > or ugly > ,maybe angel eyes ,tuco ,blondie or arch Stanton have an idea which cfc team will run out 

I will never feel comfortable with a 1-0 lead with this Chelsea defense.

And I will not count on Kepa and this defense to keep a clean sheet, regardless of the opponent.

I am hoping to see a response from the team to the poor display on Saturday. Would be nice to see us win by a margin of more than one goal and to give us something to build on for the remaining games. That being said I will take any win and 3 points for us. Even an ugly 1 goal margin.

Only 4 CL places city got their ban overturned, the best bit is our other 2 rivals for 4th play on the last day.

At this point I think get Norwich well and truly beat, back 5 against Liverpool with Azpi, rudiger and zouma as cb’s I’d tomori isn’t fit, alonso and James, kante and kova back, we know how to play Liverpool, they have no motivation they are already in Marbella on the beach we can get a point there. 

The hope is Leicester will capitulate with their remaining games which are all hard games and we will take 7 points  and that will mathematically get us 4th.

The max pointA one of UTD or Leicester can take is 7 if they draw and one of them taking 6 if there is a winner in that game. 

2 wins and a draw away from 4th it’s not a huge ask is it, play anti football at Liverpool, do what has to be done just get that point and the rest is manageable. 

Well, Man U tripped up as well, which helps our chances for Top 4. Not to get carried away with the level of analysis on all of the scenarios I posted this morning, but I can update it a little bit.

Assuming we beat Norwich and get no result at Anfield, we will have 63 points headed to the last match vs Wolves.

We need to avoid Leicester and Man U winning their next two matches. If they do, they would be sitting 65 points each headed to their last match against each other, If that happens and we do lose at Liverpool, we are done. Leicester and Man U can just draw at King Power and they both get through on GD as even if we win, all three clubs would be tied at 66 points. I guess there is always a chance that either Leicester or Man U would muster up a win, but knowing a 0-0 draw gets them both in, why would it be any different?

So we need at least one club, either Leicester (Sheffield Utd at home and away to Spurs) or Man U (away to Palace and West Ham at home) to drop some points somewhere in those four games. OR we need to at least draw at Liverpool.

Wolves dropping points Wednesday at Burnley would be nice as well. They would be eliminated from Top four if that happens or home to Palace Monday.

Match Day 38 probably starts like this:

Man United 65 points

Chelsea 63 points

Leicester 62 points

Wolves 61 points

If this happens, Wolves still playing for Top 4 and/or fifth Europa League.  Again, Wolves dropping points somewhere would be awesome. Prefer them to be out of before match 38.

Come on you Chelsea!!

I don’t rule us out of getting something against Liverpool but beating both them and wolves is unlikely. 

Rotation is really important with so many games. I think frank has missed that lately with mount,  Pulisic but particularly Willian and even Dave. No idea of what is a good team for this game but how about

james Dave Zouma alonso

rlc Jorginho barkly

cho Tammy pulisic

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

I don’t rule us out of getting something against Liverpool but beating both them and wolves is unlikely. 

Rotation is really important with so many games. I think frank has missed that lately with mount,  Pulisic but particularly Willian and even Dave. No idea of what is a good team for this game but how about

james Dave Zouma alonso

rlc Jorginho barkly

cho Tammy pulisic

Barkley’s slow play is infuriating. Loves to pass the ball side to side. Never looks for the cutting through ball. Give me Mount over him. Have to start Willian. No time for experimentation with CHO - he has not earned the start.

Lamps has to switch to 3-4-3 for the last 3 games now. We always look nervy with 4 at the back & a lack of creativity in the final 3rd means we are just inviting pressure. Wolves play a 3-5-2, Liverpool will score if we setup as 4-3-3, and if Norwich are smart they should mirror Sheff Utd. Might as well use the Norwich game to fine tune a 3-4-3, bring in Alonso, and switch Dave into one of the CB’s (reverts to a WB for Liverpool/Wolves).

Sidebar: Wonder how much money you would have made if you bet “over 2.5 goals” in all our PL games in 2020?

6 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Well, Man U tripped up as well, which helps our chances for Top 4. Not to get carried away with the level of analysis on all of the scenarios I posted this morning, but I can update it a little bit.

Assuming we beat Norwich and get no result at Anfield, we will have 63 points headed to the last match vs Wolves.

We need to avoid Leicester and Man U winning their next two matches. If they do, they would be sitting 65 points each headed to their last match against each other, If that happens and we do lose at Liverpool, we are done. Leicester and Man U can just draw at King Power and they both get through on GD as even if we win, all three clubs would be tied at 66 points. I guess there is always a chance that either Leicester or Man U would muster up a win, but knowing a 0-0 draw gets them both in, why would it be any different?

So we need at least one club, either Leicester (Sheffield Utd at home and away to Spurs) or Man U (away to Palace and West Ham at home) to drop some points somewhere in those four games. OR we need to at least draw at Liverpool.

Wolves dropping points Wednesday at Burnley would be nice as well. They would be eliminated from Top four if that happens or home to Palace Monday.

Match Day 38 probably starts like this:

Man United 65 points

Chelsea 63 points

Leicester 62 points

Wolves 61 points

If this happens, Wolves still playing for Top 4 and/or fifth Europa League.  Again, Wolves dropping points somewhere would be awesome. Prefer them to be out of before match 38.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Just looked at the lpool/chelsea fixture and the mancs play west ham at OT early on in the day with > spurs v and Leicester a day or two before > hence to say cfc will know by the time they play lpool where their fate will lay in whatever result if yow all get my just as they say in the Black Country 

By far the biggest match of our year so far. Need to execute. A win piles the pressure on the others while a draw or loss will likely see us back in the Europa League next season.

Come on Blues! We've been given a huge let off now need to take advantage.

Just take our chances, don't get lazy against the few attacking raids, and win the damn game. It's as straight forward as it comes in, but somehow I'm still a bit unsure about this game, in the last 12 months we let some sh1t team ran over us, although we'd like to think Lampard let the boys know what's at stake and there's no more rooms to f* up. I'm not even going to look at Wolves and Liverpool, go 4 points in front and all the sudden the other 2 teams will get a bit nervous.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

That could be a tactic in the semi, stick Mount on Pogba.

I don’t think the mancs will play likes of Pogba ,Rashford,matic,DDG,Maguire,Bruno ( whoever he is ) at the semi final due to  3rd or 

4th CL finish is far more important .They will be minus the main spine of their normal starting 11 ,which begs me to think what team will frank put out .

its quite a sad fact but I seem to have lost track that we had a semi final vs man utd this weekend ,WTF has happened to the state of football today when my teams place in a S/F at wembley I seemed to lose track of it .

Well it was slim pickings in the transfer market this morning. 

Team News

We’re lining up with a decent pairing of Hobgoblin Gold & Ringwood Razor Back in the middle flanked by an Old Golden Hen on the left and a Dark Star Hophead on the right.

Might see if I can do a straight swap for the bottle of King Goblin my brother has in the fridge for two weeks but my line up will be just a shoddy as the one Chelsea have been putting out if not!

22 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Well it was slim pickings in the transfer market this morning. 

Team News

We’re lining up with a decent pairing of Hobgoblin Gold & Ringwood Razor Back in the middle flanked by an Old Golden Hen on the left and a Dark Star Hophead on the right.

Might see if I can do a straight swap for the bottle of King Goblin my brother has in the fridge for two weeks but my line up will be just a shoddy as the one Chelsea have been putting out if not!

Sure your not Terry Pratchett resurrected?