coco

Chelsea v Norwich (PL) Tues 14th Jul 20:15 GMT

21 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Should there be a Man of the Match at all? I can't even decide on a Man of the Snoozefest.

If there was one, I'd give it to Krul.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I can't think of anything significant that he contributed to the game.

He was the biggest treat out there, talented boy. Lucky for us that Kovacic saved us by getting that yellow card, othewise they probably score there.

A lot of our players look mentally and physically tired. Nobody really had more than a 6 or 7/10 game.

Willian at his annoying worst. Loftus looking lost and completely off the pace. Best to just let him train with the lads for the next couple of weeks and start fresh  in the pre season.

Positives -  Crucial 3 points.

Defense had an easy night and no comedy errors. James and CHO looked enthusiastic when they came on.

Will it typical of chelsea ,to get a result at Anfield of either 3pts or 1pt then we will think cfc are  possible world beaters 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

He was the biggest treat out there, talented boy. Lucky for us that Kovacic saved us by getting that yellow card, othewise they probably score there.

Was a good card to take. We don't make enough of those sort of fouls when defending the counter.

12 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Great win, but you watch  Willian and wonder what he offers sometimes, gets the ball wide, 1 on 1, stands the player up for 2-3 seconds, then either passes backwards, or cuts in and runs inside, he soooo slows the play down, as for the back four, clueless, thought Alonso played well , always an outlet for the ball...

He’s clearly tired and that’s affecting some of his attacking play, but he still managed to put in a good shift, tracking back etc 

Posted (edited)

I thought I would make a little break for a while but I ended up rolling one after this game and sipping a pint of Double chocolate along, ffs

Edited by mojo

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

Was a good card to take. We don't make enough of those sort of fouls when defending the counter.

I also liked the card - showed commitment. Kova did a good job a few times breaking up their play.

Just now, bluesfan said:

Won't mean much if we do not make CL.

We’ve finish above all other London teams, we’re not going down and we’ve got two amazing players already coming next season. We’ll be alright. 

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

By producing nothing of note........I would like to think we could aim higher than Cantwell. People like him and Grealish probably stand out more because of their than their football ability.

Still think Kova is overrated and not more than a decent squad player for a top 4 team. Energy, but still way too many runs and passes sideways and so little threat to the opposition. Just got to get someone in that posistion who can hurt teams.

Not pretty yet another three points.

There was a moment I think at 91mins when James plays a lazy cross field pass back to the keeper from about 30 yards out and I held my breath, fortunately no-one read it.

Just now, Dixon said:

Still think Kova is overrated and not more than a decent squad player for a top 4 team. Energy, but still way too many runs and passes sideways and so little threat to the opposition. Just got to get someone in that posistion who can hurt teams.

Agree with you Dixon. Makes me laugh when so many think he’s Chelsea’s player of the year. He’s been better than last Season but you’re still left asking yourself after so many games - neat and tidy but what did he actually do? Doesn’t score, doesn’t create goals...won’t win big trophies (PL or CL) with him in midfield 

Today shown exactly why we're buying a lot of attackers before we "fix our defense". I wouldn't have blamed the defense if this ended 1-1 even if one of them made an absolute howler, it would have been all on the attack.

Unless a bonafide WC safe bet CB option comes along then it can wait. Get a proper LB, competent keeper, play Zouma and Rudiger together and stick with them and i don't think things will look half as bad as they are currently, and that's before we mention Ziyech, Werner and (hopefully) Havertz will kill games like tonight and Arsenal at home off before the defense have a chance to self combust.

2 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Agree with you Dixon. Makes me laugh when so many think he’s Chelsea’s player of the year. He’s been better than last Season but you’re still left asking yourself after so many games - neat and tidy but what did he actually do? Doesn’t score, doesn’t create goals...won’t win big trophies (PL or CL) with him in midfield 

Most of our first team would be a squad player at either City or Liverpool for me, our collective results are above the level of our squad. 

3 minutes ago, The Brit said:

He won us the game with his yellow card. 

17 minutes ago, Dixon said:

A lot of our players look mentally and physically tired.

17 minutes ago, Dixon said:

The question is why? They had a 3-month break. They should not be that tired.

1 -0 is fine Performance was low key but you expect that against a bad team when everyone is tired and tension is high. 

we will play better against better teams. Most teams are struggling to stay at a high level. Just too many games in a short space of time. 
on the positive side cho is looking sharper as is Reece James. I’d play cho in the cup from the start. 
Rudigier also had the initiative to make the extra man on several occasions 

on the negative side we had careless giveaways in midfield 2 or 3 times that might have been punished by a better team. 

It wasn't pretty to watch, but unlike us against Southampton, Chelsea got the job done. Thanks for putting the pressure back on us again. 😅

Willian is so unpredictable from a neutral perspective. Some days it feels like he's carrying your attack, but in some games I wonder what he offers. Similarly with Giroud - his highlight reel will be better than Van Persie's, but he goes invisible half the time and then suddenly comes up with lovely flicks, finishes and backheel layoffs.