Your fantasy starting lineup for next season?

Gol15

4-1-4-1.png.db4eaaf03e6f8e45a8b61890b99a53e4.png

Can't see me deviating much from this so last one from me.

Reguilon is probably the better LB, but if Chilwell fits the system so be it.
Lewis Cook for Kante, Kante needs gametime / is unsuited to the deep lying playmaker role so reluctantly Cook in for me.
Grealish instead of Benrahma, if RLC/Pulisic is injured next season we need quality, proven cover.
Bentancur is the perfect fit for a fluid system.

Title contenders 20/21 imo.

3 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Kante can do whatever he wants. He had a few injuries this season and now half the fanbase think he's washed up goods; like he wasn't the best midfielder in the world.

Amen to that, hopefully just not at the expense of Conor Gallagher imho.

Edited by the special one

• 5 weeks later...

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Kovacic for Mount
Christensen for Rudiger
Reece James for Azpi

Rest of the lineup is accurate.

I went for the ultimate balance, experience at the back line and youth in front.

Organisation with Jorginho, Rudi's passing from the back and defensive stability with Thiago Silva and Azpilicueta.

All that with an all around press and work rate of Mount and creativity with Ziyech and Havertz...

We have a good squad when you consider that this lineup looks great on paper even without Kante and Kovacic.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I went for the ultimate balance, experience at the back line and youth in front.

Organisation with Jorginho, Rudi's passing from the back and defensive stability with Thiago Silva and Azpilicueta.

All that with an all around press and work rate of Mount and creativity with Ziyech and Havertz...

We have a good squad when you consider that this lineup looks great on paper even without Kante and Kovacic.

I see what you're going for, but I simply don't trust Rudiger at all. Can see an argument for Mount and Azpi, but Id still rather have Kovacic and RJ to start over them

11 minutes ago, driller97 said:

I see what you're going for, but I simply don't trust Rudiger at all. Can see an argument for Mount and Azpi, but Id still rather have Kovacic and RJ to start over them

I feel the same way about Christensen, for me he had so many chances and simply lacks a lot, Rudiger can pass just as good but he's a bit tougher in defense.

Just now, Gol15 said:

I feel the same way about Christensen, for me he had so many chances and simply lacks a lot, Rudiger can pass just as good but he's a bit tougher in defense.

Thats true, but I feel like Christensen still has a much higher ceiling and what he was missing from his game was having a partner like Silva next to him who can really take control of the defence!

I personally think we could see a much better AC this season if he's partnered up with Silva vs if he's partnered up with Zouma or Rudiger like last season.

@bluedave Are you Thiago Motta in disguise?

Interesting to see how many people have Werner as the lone centre forward. I don't particularly think of him as much of a focal point - I would assume he'll playing off/behind one of Giroud or Abraham. 

I don't think the intention is (initially at least) to fit all of the various super-signings into a single lineup. With the upcoming season being as compressed as it will be, rotation is going to be key. I think having a variety (and a quantity) of young attacking talents at the club will prove to be crucial, particularly for someone like Lampard who showed last season that he doesn't necessarily stick to a fixed starting XI. I do wonder how Solskjaer will cope, who has a recent history of running his first XI into the ground. 

[mention=8766]bluedave[/mention] Are you Thiago Motta in disguise?
Interesting to see how many people have Werner as the lone centre forward. I don't particularly think of him as much of a focal point - I would assume he'll playing off/behind one of Giroud or Abraham. 
I don't think the intention is (initially at least) to fit all of the various super-signings into a single lineup. With the upcoming season being as compressed as it will be, rotation is going to be key. I think having a variety (and a quantity) of young attacking talents at the club will prove to be crucial, particularly for someone like Lampard who showed last season that he doesn't necessarily stick to a fixed starting XI. I do wonder how Solskjaer will cope, who has a recent history of running his first XI into the ground. 
I feel like Havertz might move up occasionally to be that point of reference for Werner.

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

@bluedave Are you Thiago Motta in disguise?

They say great(?) minds think alike. We're only taking the idea of the modern ball-playing keeper to its logical conclusion. 

I agree about us probably not cramming all the new signings into a single line-up straight away and the need for regular squad rotation. I said in another thread that I think our midfield and attack looks nicely balanced right now, with different types of players for each position with different strengths. I think most peoples' team selections are just the 11 players they're most excited about seeing on the pitch at this moment in time, which will naturally tend to include the new boys (and no Kepa).