Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Wed 22nd July 2020 20:15 GMT

coco

Goalkeeping and defending just not good enough. Harsh to blame Kepa but a taller keeper saves that. He has been beaten by two many of those long rangers this season. His positioning for TAA free-kick was poor. Basically gave TAA a free shot of goal.

Positives was that Pulisic put on a world class show when he came on. My worry was we left him out based on Sunday's win/performance but we have seen trying to do the same thing can backfire. Pulisic just had to start. CHO also was very lively when he came on too.

All to the last day then. All to play for!

Can We Clone Pulisic Just So Whenever He's Tired, We Can Bring Another Version Of Himself
30 Minute Cameo And He Was Our Best Player, The Guy Oozes A Lot Of Class
Kepa Can Be Truly Blamed For One Goal, He's Gotta Come For The Cross That's About 2 Yards Infront Of Him Though
Hopefully We Can Get At Least A Point At Wolves
They did it with Dolly so why not. Make it happen Roman. You got the cloning money. Shouldn't affect FFP.

1 minute ago, 2211 said:

People might think Kepa had no chance with any of the goals, but if you don’t move your feet or move your feet before diving then he will have no chance with long shots, close shots etc..

I’m not saying all the goals was his fault but getting a new keeper has to be a priority if we want to improve. 

New keeper and new LB. There is no excuse, Kepa is the most expensive keeper ever and he can't make a save, just shoot high on target from outside the box or anywhere really and he's finished. 

Just now, evissy said:

We lack leadership. Especially at back but in general. A player that plays like a leader and is vocal and wins all the battles on the pitch. Azpi is a good leader but Rudiger for example is so unreliable Luiz seems like a rock.

Rudiger was completely irresponsible and playing without a head.. our best defender was the youngest one easily... 

Really worried about Wolves. I'm sure Frank will do what he can to get players up for it but their qualities are scary given how important this game is!

Jimenez will dominate our centre backs. Traore, Podence and Jota can drag our defence all over the place. Neves and Moutinho are steady, reliable and deadly given space.

Need a real game plan for them.

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

Kante should not get back in the team. Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount has been our best midfield.

I don't think you can justify Jorginho starting in the midfield. Kante is quick and not weak against counterattacks. If Lampard starts Jorginho to get that midfield, I get it and am okay with that, but then he needs to be ready to pull him if Jorginho starts giving up counterattacks.

This loss was predictable once you saw the lineup and formation. FFS Lampard what are you thinking? Chelsea need to get some stronger assistant coaches who understand strategy and playing to the team’s strengths. Willian and Mount were horrible today. Pulisic and CHO need to start on Sunday. If Kante is not healthy, then switch to a 4-3-3. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Just read Kepa has conceded 8% of our total goals since the prem began. 

In 2 seasons! 

Not sure he was the main problem tonight, although shouldve saved the free kick. Defence was cut to shreds.

He isn't but a good keeper would have tipped goal 1 over the bar, a better positioning saves goal 2, goal 3 and 4 is debatable but goal 5 is ridiculous to concede

2 minutes ago, jking948 said:

I don't think you can justify Jorginho starting in the midfield. Kante is quick and not weak against counterattacks. If Lampard starts Jorginho to get that midfield, I get it and am okay with that, but then he needs to be ready to pull him if Jorginho starts giving up counterattacks.

Jorginho has been good for 2 seasons now. We are weak to many types of attacks, nobody from the midfield can help there, nobody. I said it before, even if we buy Casemiro and play him with Kante in the midfield we still concede most goals. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatestGame said:

This loss was predictable once you saw the lineup and formation. FFS Lampard what are you thinking? Chelsea need to get some stronger assistant coaches who understand strategy and playing to the team’s strengths. Willian and Mount were horrible today. Pulisic and CHO need to start on Sunday. If Kante is not healthy, then switch to a 4-3-3. 

Come on mate, for all his faults this loss is almost entirely on the brainless mistakes of the players.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Jorginho has been good for 2 seasons now. We are weak to many types of attacks, nobody from the midfield can help there, nobody. I said it before, even if we buy Casemiro and play him with Kante in the midfield we still concede most goals. 

I think we rate Jorginho differently. I think he does some things really, really well - but I also think he emphasizes our weaknesses. I agree with you that Mount and Kovacic have to start. I would be fine with any of Kante, Jorginho, or Barkley starting, depending on what Lampard is looking for, as long as he is ready to pull them quickly. Personally, I am most worried about the Wolves ability to counterattack. If you mute that, they are much easier to beat. But if Frank thinks they have a defensive hole in the midfield and that Jorginho or Barkley are better choices, I trust him. He knows a lot more than I do.

12 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

maybe with a solid, commanding keeper we could forge a decent defence out of them - we just can't go one needing 2 goals in every game just to compensate for our defence's ability to concede

Agree. If we get a new keeper who exudes confidence then we might be able to resurrect the careers of some of our defenders. There was a time when I had so much hope for Zouma (before his horrible injury) and Rudiger. But now they seem like mid table players or guys who can be on championship fighting squads in lesser european leagues

Our season in one game.

Mistakes cost points

Risky starting with a three against a team who has the pace to exploit it with width that hurts

Kepa isn't good enough Rudiger similar

Pulisic Tammy and CHO looked a lively front three

1 point required from final game at home to achieve goal. Who wouldn't have taken that at beginning of season?

I want to start cho Pulisic and Tammy against wolves and James. I have joined the Kepa haters, it took a while but I just think a good keeper would do more. I was happy with Jorginho and kova in the midfield. And I hate losing, but losing to Liverpool at Anfield is no shame. We’ve played much worse this season. 

11 minutes ago, jking948 said:

I think we rate Jorginho differently. I think he does some things really, really well - but I also think he emphasizes our weaknesses. I agree with you that Mount and Kovacic have to start. I would be fine with any of Kante, Jorginho, or Barkley starting, depending on what Lampard is looking for, as long as he is ready to pull them quickly. Personally, I am most worried about the Wolves ability to counterattack. If you mute that, they are much easier to beat. But if Frank thinks they have a defensive hole in the midfield and that Jorginho or Barkley are better choices, I trust him. He knows a lot more than I do.

If we allow a counter attack we are done. It doesn't matter if others try to position themselves or track back, as long as we give away a little bit of space and the shot is on target it's basically 33% chance that it's a goal. Shooting from 25 yards out is a normality against us now nobody is scared to waste a few balls in that way because the rewards could be a goal, it's that simple, Zaha or Keita or anyone else just needs a bit of space for a goal chance. No midfielder can help there, Kante slipped in a counter attack when a 19 year old Martinelli started the counter attack...

Edited by Gol15

11 minutes ago, Butterhampton FC said:

Kepa Arrizabalaga's save percentage in this season's Premier League is now down to 52.5. He's gone sub-Claudio Bravo (53.3).

That's f**king embarrassing, Bravo is one of the worst shot stoppers I've ever seen.