Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Wed 22nd July 2020 20:15 GMT

We dominated in the first 25 yet didn't score, Mount overhit two left footed crosses, the first cross where he turns around to cross on his right foot and we score.

Willian puts in a great cross yet Giroud does not read it, like Le Saux on the commentary I also thought it was a predictable cross.

Liverpool after the drink break upped the tempo and we could not stop them though it took an error from Willian to open the floodgates with giving away possession just outside our box and a powerful strike from Keita. We showed some fight to get back to 3-4 yet felt Azpi should have marked Chamberlain as he had CFC players on the inside to prevent the 5th though that might have been to late to get an equaliser.

Pulisic took his goals well though think for him to flourish we need to play 4-3-3.

We have played a lot of games recently and like we were fresher against Utd, Liverpool were fresher against us and they have a number of more athletic players and it showed.

I think we will beat Wolves though nothing is certain all we can say is it is in our hands.

It's not just one player it's as a collective unit we are horrendous at the back. Rudiger looks as slow as Terry but without the intelligence or game awareness so he gets rinced repeatedly. All our CBs have huge flaws and when Azpi is nearing his expiry date his performances have dipped hugely. 

We need a world class CB badly to organise us and 2 full backs of a high standard because our current ones can't defend at all. 

A new keeper will be a huge boost but those defenders are letting attacks cut through us like a hot knife through butter. 

Forget Havertz, we need a defence. 

I genuinely think Hilario was better than Kepa. People like to joke about the 35m spent on Drinkwater or the 40m spent on Bakayoko, but 71m on Kepa is genuinely the worst signing we have ever had. In my entire life I have never seen a keeper as poor as the spanish midget. Would genuinely take Robert Green over this f**king fraud.

If we do get Havertz, every other effort from the club has to focus on GK and Defence. I dont care if Oblak costs 120m, I would pay that immediately even if we get 0 back from Kepa.

I also think that Lampard missed a trick by not rotating his squad. Playing the same lineup as the man u game when liverpool had an 8 day rest made no f**king sense. Even judging by the earlier game Westham almost beat man u because the utd players were knackered. Its not a co incidence that the game changed when we brought on fresh legs. Even Emerson looked good in the 4 mins he was on the pitch. I just hope the players have one more push in them for the wolves game especially with wolves having an 8 day break before our game.

Absolutely shocking, with all due respect that liverpool team didn't even want to play tonight, they were just waiting for the medal ceremony and we let them ripped us apart with zero effort. The system was wrong, the GK was non-existent, and best player left on the bench ( probably because Lampard never wanted to risk it all in this game). The only upside is we still got a game left on Sunday to clinch the 4th spot.

1 minute ago, Mr. President said:

You have a coach who doesn't even know how to put the team to defend a corner in the Premier League.

Being a coach would be good enough.

Thank you. Trolling detected.

23 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I also think that Lampard missed a trick by not rotating his squad. Playing the same lineup as the man u game when liverpool had an 8 day rest made no f**king sense. Even judging by the earlier game Westham almost beat man u because the utd players were knackered. Its not a co incidence that the game changed when we brought on fresh legs. Even Emerson looked good in the 4 mins he was on the pitch. I just hope the players have one more push in them for the wolves game especially with wolves having an 8 day break before our game.

I hope Frank will learn from this season.

When you win convincing against the last opponent, applying the same tactics and personnel against the next opponent doesn't lead to the same outcomes. 

The expected goals stat is no surprise.

They honestly created very little yet somehow still scored with almost every shot.

Far from the first time this season that it's happened... 

So important to get a point and we f**ked it right up.

Don't you dare bottle this now.

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

The ball is literally under his nose and he stays frozen to the line... Lmao at the defenders houting kepa kepa kepa

This is inexcusable really. It's right on him. I think that is Abraham screaming Kepa. He's a striker, not a defender or goalkeeper, even he knows that is the keepers ball.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

If we allow a counter attack we are done. It doesn't matter if others try to position themselves or track back, as long as we give away a little bit of space and the shot is on target it's basically 33% chance that it's a goal. Shooting from 25 yards out is a normality against us now nobody is scared to waste a few balls in that way because the rewards could be a goal, it's that simple, Zaha or Keita or anyone else just needs a bit of space for a goal chance. No midfielder can help there, Kante slipped in a counter attack when a 19 year old Martinelli started the counter attack...

I agree, if we allow a counterattack, we are done. That’s why I’m concerned about Jorginho in the midfield.

Anyways, I just respectfully disagree with you. Not sure this conversation can go any further.

1 hour ago, cRyptic said:

Come on mate, for all his faults this loss is almost entirely on the brainless mistakes of the players.

You can’t use the same formation against every team and expect it to work. Liverpool players had very little pressure in the midfield allowing them to quickly advance the ball into scoring opportunities.

There was also no one besides Willian in the starting lineup who was a threat to beat a defender 1 v 1. Mount bottled two or three chances in the first half that Pulisic would have buried in the back of the next. There was no justification for sitting Pulisic. 

This loss was as much on Lampard as it was on the defenders and Kepa. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

For those of you who like all those made up stats..

Liverpool xG 1.32 - 2.57 xG Chelsea.

Sort out this defence and keeper for next season and we're laughing. 

Having Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner and hopefully Hsvertz in the starting lineup which make a huge difference. Mount is not a forward as he lacks a finishing touch. 

1 hour ago, Mr. President said:

Marina, get the phone number for a football coach, a real one.
And leave the club legends to the hall of fame.

For sure, Frank has made some mistakes this season, but we should take into account the following - He's a young manager who' still very much on the learning curve. No new players signed for this season. Our youth players finally been given a decent amount of playing time. In the FA Cup Final and in with a chance of a CL place going into the final day of the season.   You must be extremely hard to please to not think that's a pretty  decent first season.

Very entertaining game, and very unfortunate to be 3 goals down when I don't think Liverpool created a decent chance the entire first half.

For all the moaning about our defence it's worth noting the first and third goals came from mistakes by Willian and Giroud. Second goal was a very soft FK. 

I'm also not sure which of those Kepa was supposed to save - perhaps the FK? The camera angle from behind TAA shows it went well outside the post before coming in though, I think people overreact when the keeper doesn't throw a futile dive at the ball.

The defence, goalkeeper and holding midfield players all rely on each other to make themselves look good. It's notable that this season has seen a noticeable decline from our two best defensive players (Kante and Dave), and that a few players who perhaps were being flattered by their efforts in recent years have been shown up as a result (Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen, Kepa, etc.). Having Oblak in goal wouldn't have stopped any of today's goals, and giving up on such a highly rated young GK seems foolish, especially if we aren't recouping a decent proportion of the initial investment.

weird game. As always, feels like we gifted the opposition goals and didn't score as many as we should have from all the good football played. Liverpool weren't that great but therein lies the concern...they didn't have to be great to score five times!!!

Well, I'm not going to be too down about it. If someone had offered this scenario, needing a point at home in the last game to get top 4, I would have taken it. Let's just hope Chelsea can get their act together at both ends of the pitch. It's felt written in the stars that it would come down to the wolves match. Chelsea would never be so kind to do it with a game to spare! 

2 hours ago, Mr. President said:

You have a coach who doesn't even know how to put the team to defend a corner in the Premier League.

Being a coach would be good enough.

Of course you know better. Why don't you get his job then?

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

The camera angle from behind TAA shows it went well outside the post before coming in though, I think people overreact when the keeper doesn't throw a futile dive at the ball.

No matter how good a shot it was, a good gk never invites the shot by giving space. Just look at Kepa's positioning. 

We all know Trent is a right footer who loves inswinging curling shots. A good GK will pressure the attacker to make a harder shot. 

But tbh any FK taker would be confident against Kepa. When has Kepa stopped any FK that's on target and not directly at him? FK's are about confidence and tbh even you would lick your lips if you get a chance to shoot a FK against Kepa

If people keep scoring belters, thunderbasterds and amazing goals. Then you'd have to start questioning the keeper.