Jump to content

Recommended Posts


7 hours ago, Sindre said:

I agree.

But with the signings we have made and are about to make there will be more pressure on Lampard especially. From the media especially one would assume.

Very exciting times though. On paper we will have a wonderful side going into the season. I don't think we'll be fighting for the title if Liverpool or City have another 100-point season but if Liverpool regress a littlebit we might be in with a shot.

Consistency is the most important factor in a title race. If we want to get involved we'll have to deliver week in week out. We are clearly not at that level, but we can close the gap between us and Liverpool / Man City this season.

These things take time. Just look at how Klopp rebuilt Liverpool, he needed some time. And their core group of players are playing together for a long time. That is the key of consistency.

Although maybe there is a chance for us to challenge for the title because I don't expect anyone having a 100 points season, another top 4 battle seems far more realistic to me.

Hopefully Frank can cope with that media pressure you mentioned, it won't be easy by any means.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My line up next season:

Kepa: some people think every goal conceeded is the goalkeeper's fault. When u don't secure your house, thieves will enter. Same thing, when u think only Kante will be the only defensive midfielder in the team, it will affect the defence and then the goalkeeper. This whole thing started when Sarri wanted to play another style, bringing in Jorginho. But I think the last time we won the Premier league, we had two DMs, Matic and Kante. When we saw a young player who we thought will be good for us and still serve us for many years, we went for him, I mean Bakayoko. Then I think we let Matic go. But I think at that point the club knew the importance of "two defensive midfielders". That was why we bought Bakayoko to partner with Kante as defensive midfielders. We didn't give the job to Kante to do alone. But when Bakayoko didn't perform well, the whole situation became bad. After that, Sarri came with his own plan, and I think the problem and the only weakness he had during his tenure was the DM position. It wasn't easy for Jorginho to defend tough oppositions. And here we are today. we need to get another DM to support Kante in the midfield. Apart from that, goalkeeper's can make mistakes, even De Gea makes mistakes, so Kepa can make mistakes. Yes, we may buy a new goalkeeper, but for me if the whole team is very good, the goalkeeper may not have much to do, if the team is poor, even if the goalkeeper is Alisson, he will still be conceeding goals. The priority for me is a new DM.

James: He's better than Aspi, so yes, him.

Thiago Silva: Captain, leader, legend. Do u want that. I know u want that. Don't fight it. Let him be the captain. Let it be like that.

Rudiger: Top player. I think he is a top player

Chillwell: I hope very soon people will not begin to say again that we should play Alonso.

Kante: Good player.

Declan Rice/ any other DM: we need two defensive midfielders. So yes, Kante and Declan Rice. To make the team solid, I think we need that.

Havertz: good attacking midfielder. To play behind Werner. He will good protection at the back, so he can go forward.

Pulisic.: Good player as well.

Ziyech: Top player.

Werner: good player.

 

Substitutes:

Caballero

Aspi: substitute for both RB and LB

Zouma

Mount

RLC

Abraham

Kovacic.

 

For now I think we don't need more than two strikers, so I think Giroud should go. If the first eleven is good, they will get the job done, there is nothing much for the substitutes to do. The substitutes I chose up there will cover every position in the team in case of any injury during a match. So there u go!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hephzibah said:

For now I think we don't need more than two strikers, so I think Giroud should go. If the first eleven is good, they will get the job done, there is nothing much for the substitutes to do. The substitutes I chose up there will cover every position in the team in case of any injury during a match. So there u go!!! 

You definitely need three strikers. If you only have two, then if one is injured or suspended, then you have zero striker options off the bench ...

Also, I'd want Hudson-Odoi on the bench to cover the wingers instead of one of the midfielders. Yes I know Mount *can* play wide, but I don't see him as a game changer off the bench in the same way that CHO has the potential to be ...

With any luck, the bench extension to 9 players for Covid will continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

You definitely need three strikers. If you only have two, then if one is injured or suspended, then you have zero striker options off the bench ...

Also, I'd want Hudson-Odoi on the bench to cover the wingers instead of one of the midfielders. Yes I know Mount *can* play wide, but I don't see him as a game changer off the bench in the same way that CHO has the potential to be ...

With any luck, the bench extension to 9 players for Covid will continue.

I believe the increases for substitutions and bench spots was not voted to continue. Will revert back to what it was pre-COVID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

You definitely need three strikers. If you only have two, then if one is injured or suspended, then you have zero striker options off the bench ...

Also, I'd want Hudson-Odoi on the bench to cover the wingers instead of one of the midfielders. Yes I know Mount *can* play wide, but I don't see him as a game changer off the bench in the same way that CHO has the potential to be ...

With any luck, the bench extension to 9 players for Covid will continue.

I think I forgot CHO, you are right. But for the strikers, I think three may stay, but only two can be in the matchday squad on matchdays. No space for three with the squad we have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So with KH, almost pictured in a Chelsea shirt, where do we see him playing, Midfield is going to be a good watch to see where lamps sees the pieces fall.

If we take  Pulisic Werner Ziyech, the attacking front players, formation plays a huge part of who starts, i'd like to see us really sort a back 3, then its 3-5-2, or a more compact 3-4-3.

Whatever transpires it is certainly the very best times to look forward to...

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

So with KH, almost pictured in a Chelsea shirt, where do we see him playing, Midfield is going to be a good watch to see where lamps sees the pieces fall.

If we take  Pulisic Werner Ziyech, the attacking front players, formation plays a huge part of who starts, i'd like to see us really sort a back 3, then its 3-5-2, or a more compact 3-4-3.

Whatever transpires it is certainly the very best times to look forward to...

Think it will be a 4-3-3/4-2-4 version myself.

Kovacic, Kante/Mount, Havertz from midfield with the front three you mentioned in attack. Havertz to join up with them in attack when we have the ball making it more of a 4-2-4.

The potential is huge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Think it will be a 4-3-3/4-2-4 version myself.

Kovacic, Kante/Mount, Havertz from midfield with the front three you mentioned in attack. Havertz to join up with them in attack when we have the ball making it more of a 4-2-4.

The potential is huge.

I'm convinced now it will be 

4-2-3-1-

Kante and Kovacic at the base of midfield. Jorginho, Gilmour deputising. 

Havertz playing further forward centrally. Occasionally switching with Pulisic/Ziyech who can both play centrally. 

Mount, CHO, RLC can also deputise those roles further forward. 

Evidenced by the formation we used against Bayern and Brighton. Further by CHO being given a run centrally against Bayern. I think that's what Frank is envisioning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I'm convinced now it will be 

4-2-3-1-

Kante and Kovacic at the base of midfield. Jorginho, Gilmour deputising. 

Havertz playing further forward centrally. Occasionally switching with Pulisic/Ziyech who can both play centrally. 

Mount, CHO, RLC can also deputise those roles further forward. 

Evidenced by the formation we used against Bayern and Brighton. Further by CHO being given a run centrally against Bayern. I think that's what Frank is envisioning. 

Thats what im thinking as well. The ocassional 3-4-3 as well in more defensive games and we can use Alonso as a wingback.

in a 4-2-3-1 though, I think the 3 attacking mids will all switch around the positions plenty during a game and they will all be interchangeable. Pulisic-Havertz-Ziyech will be incredible to watch, especially with Werner up front.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's got to be a few players on their way out now, our squad must be huge. Most interesting will be the defence, especially if we end up signing another centre back. The pecking order is pretty clear in most other positions but with the defence it's up in the air. There's nothing between them really, they have all had their share of good and bad moments. If it was up to me, I'd want to give Tomori and Ampadu a chance in the squad alongside Silva, and probably one out of Rüdiger/Zouma/Christensen. Probably Rüdiger, although he was as bad as any of the others last season, he missed much of it through injury, and has been generally pretty good for us before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluedave said:

There's got to be a few players on their way out now, our squad must be huge. Most interesting will be the defence, especially if we end up signing another centre back. The pecking order is pretty clear in most other positions but with the defence it's up in the air. There's nothing between them really, they have all had their share of good and bad moments. If it was up to me, I'd want to give Tomori and Ampadu a chance in the squad alongside Silva, and probably one out of Rüdiger/Zouma/Christensen. Probably Rüdiger, although he was as bad as any of the others last season, he missed much of it through injury, and has been generally pretty good for us before that.

I think you are right. I’m completely shocked at how many players we’ve brought in. Didn’t see that coming. Still think we will have trouble selling some of the “deadwood”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think you are right. I’m completely shocked at how many players we’ve brought in. Didn’t see that coming. Still think we will have trouble selling some of the “deadwood”.

I suspect the decision on who exactly to keep or sell will depend a lot on who is the most sellable. For example, I’m sure we’d sell Jorginho if we got an offer, but unless Sarri gets a another club anytime soon I’d be surprised if he’s not still here next season. Similarly with Rüdiger, although he’s an experienced German international there are big question marks over his form and fitness and we’d probably want a large fee, I can’t imagine there’d be too many takers right now. I think Drinkwater and one or two other senior players could end up joining the loan army. It’s going to be interesting.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad depth in midfield and attack especially should be one of our biggest advantages this season. We have a lot of options and with not much of a break between last season and this there will be teams that are going to struggle with the tiredness and fatigue. Have a feeling Manchester United might be one of those teams for example.

On paper our XI is looking very, very good. A title-challenge is definitly not out of the question for me. It does depend on one thing especially though and that is getting a new goalkeeper. If we for some reason can't or don't bring anyone in we are stuck with the worst goalie in the league and we are obviously not going to challenge for anything at all unfortunately.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

GK: Kepa, Mendy, Youth GK
Fullbacks: RJ, Azpi, Chilwell, Alonso
CB: T. Silva, Christensen, Tomori, Ampadu, Rudiger
Deep Midfielders: Jorginho, Kovacic, Ampadu, Gilmour
Midfielders: Kovacic, Havertz, RLC, Mount
Wingers: Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO, Havertz, Werner
Strikers: Werner, Giroud, Tammy

Sell: Kante, Barkley, Emerson, Bats, Zouma,

Edited by driller97
Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a bit too... attacky. But after last season I wouldn’t drop Mount, I’m honestly not sure on what basis people would. Also I still don’t like our defence, so really only sure with the midfield & attack at this moment. 
 

03E37821-149B-406C-AAE7-704C6457AB4C.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 00:37, Ballack & Blu said:

I don't think anyone even perceived we could start 20-21 with a 75% reboot to the team, i think this thread will go into meltdown if we get Rice and a new Keeper?

🤞🤞 pleeeeeaaaasssse

Link to post
Share on other sites

If all of the squad were 100% fit, I would go with a 4-2-3-1

GK ;  Not Kepa

Back four  ; James, Timori, Silva (Capt.) Chilwell

Holding ; Kante Kovacic

Attacking midfield : Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech

Striker; Werner

Subs; Mount, RLC, CHO, Giroud, Abraham, Dave, Rudiger, Gilmour

 

Sell ; Alonso, Zouma. Jorginho, Barkley (can't believe I am typing this) Christensen, Emerson, Caballero

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Ideal scenario for me this season would be:

GK: Mendy, Caballero

CB's: Thiago Silva, Christensen, Tomori, Zouma

Fullbacks: Chilwell, Alonso, James, Azpi

CM: Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley, Mount

AM: Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, CHO

Strikers: Werner, Giroud, Tammy

 

Sell: Kepa, Rudiger, Kante, RLC + our standard serial loanees

Loan: Gilmour, Gallagher, Ampadu, Sarr,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!