Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Sun 26th Jul 16:00 GMT

7 hours ago, NaughtyNuno said:

TBH I don't think Wolves will have any advantage due to a longer break. We played Arsenal having had over a weeks break and got well gubbed. We've quite settled into the Thursday-Sunday routine so for me I'd wish we played Wednesday or Thursday.

We had a slow start to the season and Willy Boly was missing for the hiding you handed out to us at Molineux in September. We are very solid at the back and despite the plaudits over Jimenez and Traore I see our defence as our main strength.

Chelsea are potent going forward but like Man City, Man Utd and indeed Liverpool are suspect at the back, however I don't expect Nuno to go gung-ho on Sunday. I'd like to see a front three of Jota-Jimenez-Podence (watch out for him, likened to the new Hazard - yeah I know!) and bring Traore on around the 60th minute.

We need to match or better Spurs result to guarantee EL in 6th. Well Spurs are going to thrash Palace which means we need a win. I'm not sure. However if we fail please promise to beat Arse in the FA Cup Final to guarantee us a EL qualifying place in 7th.

Looking forward to the match - should be great!

You have had a great season either way, and I reckon you will get EL next season as a result.

While we have the tools to damage you our defense is hopeless. Any corner you get or crossing free kick is as deadly as a pen basically. You only need to be at 50% attacking wise to put 3 past Kepa.

21 minutes ago, bluesfan said:

Last game was not the worst approach. Double by West Ham, loss and draw to Bournemouth, list goes on.

Nobody said it was the worst approach, we had the chance to lock our place in the CL and we bottled it. 

Last chance saloon now

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Nice reverse jinxing there mate. Come on though. They are missing their creator and 3 of their back 4. Against Martial, Greenwood and the ever deadly Rashford it will be a long one. 

Plus you know in such an important game Harry will score against his old side.

I mean I hope you are right of course, means we get top 4. Wolves are far better placed to give us a harder time than Leicester are with you.

The way Leicester started against Tottenham was very open and attacking. They were unlucky not to score 1-2 goals in the opening minutes. Then Totthenham got them on the counter and it was over. So they can cause issue to VARchester considering they did not play a mid-week game.

10 hours ago, the special one said:

Given what's on the line I wouldn't be disappointed with;

Caballero
Azpi - Rudiger - Zouma - Alonso
    Kante - Jorginho - Kovacic
      Willian - Giroud - Pedro

Experience over yoof, and if we fail to qualify the yoof aren't to blame.

I would not put Kante on any projected line up.

He's been injured and have not played for almost a month, he's in no way match fit and ready to go 90 in a match of this caliber.

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I will say this now. Come what may I hope Leicester beat United. They have been top 4 all season basically and been bang unlucky with key injuries. I hope they beat United, they deserve it.

Then is down to us to earn our spot, not be handed it.

I like this mentality, earn your spot. 

And eliminate United from the CL at the same time.

23 hours ago, SuperLamp said:

Hopefully, Lampard makes the right move and not start Kepa.
Regardless of how good he is, his confidence has hit an all-time low, and we can't afford any slipups.

The word good and Kepa should never be mentioned in the same sentence what ever the context mate, and yes if in team we may as well wave the white flag

5 hours ago, bluesfan said:

If we cannot beat Wolves at home what CL are we talking about?

There's many a team we have lost to this season at home, West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton spring to mind, Wolves are going for Europa League Qualification and probably best team outside the top 5, I'm expecting us to probably lose 1-3, sorry can't trust defence. Utd and Leicester will draw, nuisance because Thursday nights I usually wash my hair so will muck up my domestic diary having us play the Albanian champions on a Thursday.

Honestly, I'll be rooting for Utd this weekend. I don't give a f**k about them being our rivals. We need them to win just in case we bottle it. If they win and we bottle it, I will probably have to take back all the sh*t I said about Utd, and I might even stretch as far as to hope they win the Europa. 

11 hours ago, Stretford Ender said:

You'll beat Wolves and we'll lose at Leicester. I can see it in the tea leaves. Tell you what, the way things are going, they'll have carted me off to the knacker's yard long before we get a sniff at the league title again. Vardy will torment our defence and unless McTominay and Fred start as a double pivot, it does not bode well.

I think you will beat Leicester even though they are good at home, Vardy seems to be a bit and hit and miss just now.

11 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

That was a terrible performance from Mount and i am sure Willian also had bad numbers due to the fatigue accumulated of all the games in this congested season without breaks. Remember We have playing 2 games a week since the resumption due to our participation in the Fa cup. It hasnt helped that our 2 fa cup fixtures were against Man u and leiciester and hence lamps hasnt really had a chance to rest players.  I already said that lampard f**ked up by not rotating against liverpool because the reason Abraham and CHO changed the game against liverpool isnt because they are better than Giroud and Willian but they were fresher having not started against Man u.

I have faith in MASON and i doubt he will have back to back stinkers.  The million dollar question is which of Mount and Willian will be on the bench because Captain America has to start on sunday

Well he needs to move Mount into the middle of the park need to a Kante/Jorginho, he has had a few stinkers which gets masked because of his pressing. For me he isn’t a winger, neither is he an attacking midfielder. 

21 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Well he needs to move Mount into the middle of the park need to a Kante/Jorginho, he has had a few stinkers which gets masked because of his pressing. For me he isn’t a winger, neither is he an attacking midfielder. 

Some of his best games were him playing in the left sided attacking role, but I agree, we need to bring him into midfield and play Pulisic out on the left against Wolves. I think the blessing will be that they have to win as they are going for Europa places, so that should leave them more open.

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Some of his best games were him playing in the left sided attacking role, but I agree, we need to bring him into midfield and play Pulisic out on the left against Wolves. I think the blessing will be that they have to win as they are going for Europa places, so that should leave them more open.

We've drawn only 6 games all season which means the likelihood is (84%) that we wither win or lose this game, the best way to beat us is to have a compact defense and hit us on the transition. I just can't see Wolves being too open especially considering we put 5 past them earlier in the season. I think we need to score early in this game to settle the nerves, the longer the game goes the more Wolves will grow into the game, I can see our youngsters getting nervous if we enter the last phase of the game level with them.

I would be inclined to start CHO over Willian for this game with the objective to go hard at Wolves early on and bring in the experience of Willian for the latter stages. 

I think it would be unwise to start with a still very unproven 19 year old and imho that would be an awful lot of pressure on his young shoulders. Willian was poor the other night but his experience and workrate is needed on Sunday. See how the game develops and  if we need to score a goal or two then bring  on CHO.  

6 minutes ago, Dixon said:

I think it would be unwise to start with a still very unproven 19 year old and imho that would be an awful lot of pressure on his young shoulders. Willian was poor the other night but his experience and workrate is needed on Sunday. See how the game develops and  if we need to score a goal or two then bring  on CHO.  

I can see both sides of the argument, start with experience and bring on the youth later especially if we are chasing. I think CHO may be a good option to start due to a few reasons, I think Willian is fatigued and we are more likely to get more attacking output from CHO rather than Willian who will probably offer us better defensive cover, I would also prefer seeing experience coming on in the latter part of the game to see us through. It's a big game and I think in the end it may come down to game management, another reason for Willian coming on later is because we will need fresh legs of Willian to counter Adama when Wolves bring him on at the 60 minute mark (Unless he starts), Wolves tend to try to stay compact and bring on Adama to exploit space in the 2nd half, I would look to counter that by bringing on Willian at a similar time to offer some cover to the fullback.

13 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

That was a terrible performance from Mount and i am sure Willian also had bad numbers due to the fatigue accumulated of all the games in this congested season without breaks. Remember We have playing 2 games a week since the resumption due to our participation in the Fa cup. It hasnt helped that our 2 fa cup fixtures were against Man u and leiciester and hence lamps hasnt really had a chance to rest players.  I already said that lampard f**ked up by not rotating against liverpool because the reason Abraham and CHO changed the game against liverpool isnt because they are better than Giroud and Willian but they were fresher having not started against Man u.

I have faith in MASON and i doubt he will have back to back stinkers.  The million dollar question is which of Mount and Willian will be on the bench because Captain America has to start on sunday

He's not a winger. He's a No. 8 since he was a kid. 

21 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I can see both sides of the argument, start with experience and bring on the youth later especially if we are chasing. I think CHO may be a good option to start due to a few reasons, I think Willian is fatigued and we are more likely to get more attacking output from CHO rather than Willian who will probably offer us better defensive cover, I would also prefer seeing experience coming on in the latter part of the game to see us through. It's a big game and I think in the end it may come down to game management, another reason for Willian coming on later is because we will need fresh legs of Willian to counter Adama when Wolves bring him on at the 60 minute mark (Unless he starts), Wolves tend to try to stay compact and bring on Adama to exploit space in the 2nd half, I would look to counter that by bringing on Willian at a similar time to offer some cover to the fullback.

I can see both sides to this too.

But we start from the posistion of not having to score, so playing it a bit safe is maybe the best option. But then we have to take into account our keeper and defence and trying to play safe with that sorry lot is asking for trouble.

There's also the game at Leicester, which will surely have some influence on how we play as the games progress.

I like to see both Mount and Pulisic in this match. You want the attack from Pulisic and the moto from Mount.

---------------Willy-------------

James-----Rudi----Zouma-----Azpi

----Kovacic----Jorgi-----Mount

----CHO---Giroud-----Pulisic

If CHO looks ineffective, then bring in Willian in the 2nd half.

I’m surprised to see so many people wanting 4 at the back... Wolves play 3 at the back arguably better than Sheffield United. 

Caba

Azpi  Zouma Rudi

James   Kova   Jorginho   Alonso 

Pulisic    Giroud    Mount

with lamps saying Kante is fit i would go for this line up

Caballero

Rudiger   Christensen    Zouma

Azpi       Kante     Kovacic        Alonso

Willian                Pulisic

Giroud

Christensen, Kante and Pulisic to add fresh legs because our team looks knackered with lampard refusing to rotate