Chelsea V Arsenal: FA Cup Final Saturday 1st August 17:30 GMT

What a bloody nightmare! 

Taylor a f**king gargoyle from hell. 

Ref bs aside, we were poor. Showed just how far we have yet to go. We've been punching this entire season. Need a lot of work if we're to stay at 4th or hope to climb higher in the next. 

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

Ashley Cole said it was the right decision, Dave had a little tug outside the box but bigger contact was inside the box which knocked Auba over, was a penalty and silly challenge.

That bit I dispute !

Auba fell in the opposite direction to what Dave was pulling him in ...

7 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

They are talking about arsenal as if they finished third when this team literally finished mid table 

Yeah guess not surprising to see arsenal so overjoyed with the result, Europa League qualification against the odds a big deal for a mid-table side like them

am  i the only one who is more angry with Rudiger's part in the goal than the ref.. i still cant believe he didnt take out Bellerin.. infact moved out of his way.. didnt go to ground either...

Well it hurts losing the final. I was pretty worried as they seem jammy in this competition. But definitely there were some dodgy refereeing.

lets move on from this and invest in a good defense 

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I think we'll all be disappointed, but the way we play on any given day it's a crapshoot. That doesn't tend to win consistent trophies over the long term.

We need to sort out our midfield and defence because when you concede at least 1 goal every game you're always up against it.

But with the ability to sign players again and CL football we've got a chance to do that now. 

Finals are a test of will and character. 

Very rarely that a team that lose finals, claw their way back. It depends on the players and the manager. 

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

Watching the replay. what rotten luck for Pulisic's hamstring to go just as he was about to shoot ... credit to him that he even got a shot away .... if it doesn't go, then he probably scores ....

he was almost in tears.. he was playing so well .. and he worked so hard to get back.. we have rotten luck with our widemen too...

The first 20 min were great IMO. We should have scored another one and that would be pretty much it. I don't understand why did we just stop playing our game at certain point.

Ref's mistakes and injuries aside, this was the current maximum in these circumstances

Think Arteta had the better tactics. 

Our goal was good yet with just three attackers and the GK coming out so comfortably to stop our press we were struggling to create a second chance.

Down our Right they were attacking and finding space both Maitland-Nile and then Aubameyang for the penalty not sure why we were weak there.

The second was a clever run by Bellerin which was not stopped by our MFs and Christensen committed himself and stopped Bellerin only for it to fall to an Arsenal player. and Auba fiinishes with aplomb.

Injuries hurt us, the Ref could have given us a couple of fouls and reviewed other incidents yet for me today Arsenal were better. 

Sad to see Pedro carried off in last performance for us. 

"Yet this will be the second time that Taylor takes charge of the final, due to the fact that, with the game behind closed doors, the FA felt it would be unfair for a new referee to officiate without their family and friends present."

Don't bother getting a decent Prem ref then.

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Down our Right they were attacking and finding space both Maitland-Nile and then Aubameyang for the penalty not sure why we were weak there.

Azpi has lost a yard of pace and James had belief Azpi was handling it so he wasn't there to cover as fast as he should've

4 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Well it hurts losing the final. I was pretty worried as they seem jammy in this competition. But definitely there were some dodgy refereeing.

lets move on from this and invest in a good defense 

Agreed. We are pretty poor back there

Not going to blame Frank or the players, it was just one of those things. I think with the squad we have right now we over achieved coming in 4th so hats off for doing that. The ref didn't help of course but he had a bad day, it happens. The squad needs adding to and quickly plus there needs to be a thinning of some players we have now and I'm sure the board know that.

Let the Woolwich boys have their fake sucess, they will be scrapping for 6th, 7th or 8th place next season just like they did this one.

Hold your heads up high blues fans, we're Chelsea and STILL the best team in London and will be for many years to come I'm sure.