Jump to content

Chelsea V Arsenal: FA Cup Final Saturday 1st August 17:30 GMT


Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, robdog said:

are you sure it was a yellow card on Kovacic?

EeWzsPfXYAE6gI9?format=jpg&name=large

It's not a rule game for me, it was a people game, I knew that the ref wanted to give him the second yellow and I was sure that at the first chance he'll do it. I also knew that Xhaka is a big flopper as well, I saw it coming.

I don't really blame Kovacic I was angry at the moment, I wish he was just ahead of the game there but it comes down to either let a person go through or play and he chose to play, can't blame him for that but like I say, I wish he knew what was coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It's not a rule game for me, it was a people game, I knew that the ref wanted to give him the second yellow and I was sure that at the first chance he'll do it. I also knew that Xhaka is a big flopper as well, I saw it coming.

I don't really blame Kovacic I was angry at the moment, I wish he was just ahead of the game there but it comes down to either let a person go through or play and he chose to play, can't blame him for that but like I say, I wish he knew what was coming.

if you ever play the game, then you can understand the thought process of Kovacic - he was playing to win the ball - he didn't show his studs - he played the Fuckin Ball!!! - if you can't unstand that - Fuck it I give up - enjoy your day

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robdog said:

if you ever play the game, then you can understand the thought process of Kovacic - he was playing to win the ball - he didn't show his studs - he played the Fuckin Ball!!! - if you can't unstand that - Fuck it I give up - enjoy your day

     The fact of the matter is that he took a risk that wasnt worth taking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the Kovavic second yellow checked by VAR or does that only apply for direct reds? If it actually was checked, that's bewildering.

Sometimes I just wish we'd be more pragmatic. Up 1-0 and playing against Arsenal who has very quick players - maybe we don't need to play that high line? It's just asking for trouble with our slow and suspect defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank looked absolutely gutted in his press-conference. His body language was telling it all how important it was for him to win it.  I still don't get one thing. We all knew that the only danger coming from this team was from Auba. There should have been always two players around him to limit the time on the ball. We went 1 up so just keep it tight on Auga to prevent them from scoring and they would have run out of gas in the second half. I guess, it's easy for me to say...but i still think we should have done better to mitigate Auba tactically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Was the Kovavic second yellow checked by VAR or does that only apply for direct reds? If it actually was checked, that's bewildering.

Sometimes I just wish we'd be more pragmatic. Up 1-0 and playing against Arsenal who has very quick players - maybe we don't need to play that high line? It's just asking for trouble with our slow and suspect defense.

The only time VAR checks for fouls outside of the box is if it leads to goal, is a straight red card or if there was serious foul play that ref missed. For some bizarre reason, it doesn't check for yellow cards. 

Edited by Scott Harris
Link to post
Share on other sites

If a wrong decision that leads to a second yellow card then that should be reviewed by VAR also.

A wrongful sending off is just a game changing as a goal so it should be treated with equal importance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott Harris said:

The only time VAR checks for fouls outside of the box is if it leads to goal, is straight red card or if there was serious foul play that ref missed. For some bizarre reason, it doesn't check for yellow cards. 

Yeah, that's just bizarre. Not anything new really, but the implementation of VAR is a farce.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal will get well f**ked in Europa league and it will be my pleasure to see them playing Thursday football failing there and then failing again two days later in PL.

I knew Taylor would be a c**t in this game, but I clearly underestimated his sole purpose on this planet - to be a c**t of all c**ts.

Anyhow, this game was a farewell for a few of our players, and there is a clearly visible new dawn, new era for our club with very exciting young players coming through and joining us.

A few fixes at the back, and we will be kicking Arsenal next season in all our fixtures with this cheating revolting lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KaiHakimTimo said:

Abysmal defending. 

Need serious, serious reinforcements at the back for next season. Rudiger, Zouma, James and Christensen OUT.

Azpi is a warrior. It was all over his face what this meant to him. There's no steel left in that defence other than him. 

Alonso couldn't buy a right foot even with a Euromillions win. Another one that needs culling.

This is a absolutely genius idea.

So we should sell 5 of our defenders? Who exactly would you recommend we buy considering there's a serious lack of quality in the market...

Also, we used to constantly moan about young players not being given chances but as soon as RJ shows inconsistency due to being young we should sell him?  

Don't get me wrong, our defence isn't great but this is just a typical overreaction without any thought going into it

A good GK and a top CB makes a huge difference

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can’t blame the ref for how bad cfc played  we looked shocking in the last 35 mins of the first half we pass back to our back line all 

the time . Two forced injury’s type of tied franks hands on his substitutions ,but we came out in the 2nd half looking exactly the same as the first half ,or arsenal stepped of the gas a little .

 

chelseas season > beat wolves a step forward > next game a step backwards due to our first half performance today 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

Arsenal will get well f**ked in Europa league and it will be my pleasure to see them playing Thursday football failing there and then failing again two days later in PL.

I knew Taylor would be a c**t in this game, but I clearly underestimated his sole purpose on this planet - to be a c**t of all c**ts.

Anyhow, this game was a farewell for a few of our players, and there is a clearly visible new dawn, new era for our club with very exciting young players coming through and joining us.

A few fixes at the back, and we will be kicking Arsenal next season in all our fixtures with this cheating revolting lot.

Wasn't that what this lot was going to do though. After all everyone has been raving about CHO and Reece James but they are way off the top end of the top flight. They both need strong loans. RLC is a great talent but the guy is just made of glass

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sparkz said:

This is a absolutely genius idea.

So we should sell 5 of our defenders? Who exactly would you recommend we buy considering there's a serious lack of quality in the market...

Also, we used to constantly moan about young players not being given chances but as soon as RJ shows inconsistency due to being young we should sell him?  

Don't get me wrong, our defence isn't great but this is just a typical overreaction without any thought going into it

A good GK and a top CB makes a huge difference

 

This, I don't think we need a complete overhaul in the defensive line if we can just bring in some stability. I think Zouma and Christensen are good enough but they need a more stable player around to really shine - think of it as our Virgil Van Dijk. Also, a keeper that doesn't throw balls in our own net would be most welcome.

I was hoping that Rüdiger would stabilize our defense. But sadly, I don't think he's good enough for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zero said:

This, I don't think we need a complete overhaul in the defensive line if we can just bring in some stability. I think Zouma and Christensen are good enough but they need a more stable player around to really shine - think of it as our Virgil Van Dijk. Also, a keeper that doesn't throw balls in our own net would be most welcome.

I was hoping that Rüdiger would stabilize our defense. But sadly, I don't think he's good enough for us.

but it has been statistically proven that we have the weakest defence in the top 4-5 teams in our league. On set pieces which is a massive part of football only Norwich are worse than us. If its not the players it has to be the coaching. If we don't replace the players then there has to be an overhaul of the defensive coaching

Link to post
Share on other sites
but it has been statistically proven that we have the weakest defence in the top 4-5 teams in our league. On set pieces which is a massive part of football only Norwich are worse than us. If its not the players it has to be the coaching. If we don't replace the players then there has to be an overhaul of the defensive coaching

We need better coaching defensively we weren't this bad last season or even with Luiz who is a liability
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Wasn't that what this lot was going to do though. After all everyone has been raving about CHO and Reece James but they are way off the top end of the top flight. They both need strong loans. RLC is a great talent but the guy is just made of glass

I think RJ is immense and should play as often as possible. CHO will get there, I trust, with chances as a sub.  I was ready to write off this season for the sake of youngsters blooding, but we did extremely well.  I am well excited for the next season, really look forward to it.  At least we are not boring to watch (well, boring only on a few occasions). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zero said:

This, I don't think we need a complete overhaul in the defensive line if we can just bring in some stability. I think Zouma and Christensen are good enough but they need a more stable player around to really shine - think of it as our Virgil Van Dijk. Also, a keeper that doesn't throw balls in our own net would be most welcome.

I was hoping that Rüdiger would stabilize our defense. But sadly, I don't think he's good enough for us.

I have no confidence in Christensen whatsoever as a defender which is his main task ,his positive is that he looks ok been on the ball brining it out of the defence ,but that’s not the point is it . 
 

he seems to lack Ariel ability in the Centre of the defence ,and when we his go up for a set play you never expect him to do anything creative via his head as a Knock on or god forbid a goal > hence no goal threat < maybe iam thinking he will be like a john terry ,but far from that iam sorry to say Christensen is 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!