Chelsea V Arsenal: FA Cup Final Saturday 1st August 17:30 GMT

5 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

but it has been statistically proven that we have the weakest defence in the top 4-5 teams in our league. On set pieces which is a massive part of football only Norwich are worse than us. If its not the players it has to be the coaching. If we don't replace the players then there has to be an overhaul of the defensive coaching

I think it all boils down to the fact that we lack leadership and authority in the central defense. This is because among our CBs there are no leaders and Kepa is certainly of no help either in that depertment.

45 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I like the spirit Valerie however a few around said the wolves game and top 4 was far more important basically because of money.

That is a very Arsenal mindset.

Supporters will always disagree among themselves. I was talking about the club.

20 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

when we appointed Frank I thought - well respected England international, clean player, football family background surely now we'll start to get a more positive deal from the media and fairer game management from referees

well that hasn't turned out to be the case.......... 

The owner is the same and that's the only thing it matters it seems. 

48 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

Frank looked absolutely gutted in his press-conference. His body language was telling it all how important it was for him to win it.  I still don't get one thing. We all knew that the only danger coming from this team was from Auba. There should have been always two players around him to limit the time on the ball. We went 1 up so just keep it tight on Auga to prevent them from scoring and they would have run out of gas in the second half. I guess, it's easy for me to say...but i still think we should have done better to mitigate Auba tactically. 

He was the difference today and our defense clearly isn't good enough. Even Pepe was causing all kinds of problems and if not for a slight second where it was offside we would never have the 1:1 at half time. If we want to compete with the best we pretty much need a full overhaul of our defense, we had enough time to prepare for this final but it didn't look like we were ready.

Arsenal isn't a good team, like you say we all knew where the big danger will come from. The Arsenal defense isn't that great either but for the most part all they had to do is to stop Giroud from connecting the headers and the ref allowed them to take a few free kicks and pushes on him. If we ever want to find some consistency we need to have better players, we won 2:0 Wolves that are better than Arsenal but the details of this matchup against Arsenal, well it looks like we didn't pay much attention to what we should avoid and so on...

We really, really needed some fresh signings, Werner and Ziyech will be great to watch, but this loss really hurts specially since Lampard could have won his first trophy and specially since so many got injured.

Sadly beaten by the better team today. Frank was right - as soon as we scored, we took our foot of the gas. I think Arteta has had the best of Frank in all 3 games he’s played against him. 

Thought we were poor after the goal for the rest of the match. Just not our day. It would have been amazing to watch but finishing top 4 was more important in terms of our development and finances. Today was a bonus day effectively. 

2 hours ago, robdog said:

for those who feel there is no agenda against Chelsea - look at this picture & try to explain it

I don't buy into the agenda against Chelsea  but there are certainly some  issues with the refeering today and the use ( or lack of ) Var. Martinez clearly handling the ball outside the area wasn't even reviewed, nor replayed on the live BBC coverage.

If I read online that Arsenal deserved it I’m gonna smash my iPad. They literally created that one chance in the second half which came after Taylor failed to give a foul on Christensen btw. Kova’s Red was a great challenge, Pedro fouled outside the box near the end too. Add to that the many bookings we picked up which were wring decisions. I’m just flabbergasted at that display from that c**t. 

I am not saying with 11 men we would have won but we were robbed of a fair chance to win the game.

2 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

If I read online that Arsenal deserved it I’m gonna smash my iPad. They literally created that one chance in the second half which came after Taylor failed to give a foul on Christensen btw. Kova’s Red was a great challenge, Pedro fouled outside the box near the end too. Add to that the many bookings we picked up which were wring decisions. I’m just flabbergasted at that display from that c**t. 

I am not saying with 11 men we would have won but we were robbed of a fair chance to win the game.

Unless we as a club do something about it will just carry on. If you look at the media coverage they are basically glossing over everything like he made the right calls, only the red getting the occasional "harsh" mention.

Maybe we refuse to play if Taylor is the ref in the future. We have plenty of evidence to show his bias.

3 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Despite the part the ref played, I think even Lamps admits that we didn't do enough to win a cup final, so on that basis Arsenal probably did deserve it.

Wasn't a lot in it, but once Pulicic went off, we had almost zero threat and our defence struggled with Arsenal's pace and in the end Aubameyang was the difference and was deservedly MOTM.

Let's hope in Werner we have someone who can be the difference like that.  

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Despite the part the ref played, I think even Lamps admits that we didn't do enough to win a cup final, so on that basis Arsenal probably did deserve it.

Wasn't a lot in it, but once Pulicic went off, we had almost zero threat and our defence struggled with Arsenal's pace and in the end Aubameyang was the difference and was deservedly MOTM.

Let's hope in Werner we have someone who can be the difference like that.  

But with 11 men we may have had a chance, that’s my point. We were denied the chance at a fair game today.

6 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

But with 11 men we may have had a chance, that’s my point. We were denied the chance at a fair game today.

I agree, the sending off was a real pisser but it happened in the 73rd minute and we were already 2-1 down with our best player off injured. Sadly think it was likely to be another case of us huffing and puffing without getting back in the game. Who knows?

1 hour ago, Sparkz said:

This is a absolutely genius idea.

So we should sell 5 of our defenders? Who exactly would you recommend we buy considering there's a serious lack of quality in the market...

Also, we used to constantly moan about young players not being given chances but as soon as RJ shows inconsistency due to being young we should sell him?  

Don't get me wrong, our defence isn't great but this is just a typical overreaction without any thought going into it

A good GK and a top CB makes a huge difference

It is genius.

None of them deserve to remain at the club. It wasn't like it was an isolated bad performance today. They have been the very definition of w**k all season.

Cut them loose. I'd rather have reserves and youngsters with actual fight and spirit take their place.

I'd even sacrifice the signing of Havertz in order to have money available to replace them.

That's just the start too. Abraham needs to go. Has any player complained as much as he has at being the architect of his own downfall? He can't; pass, shoot, score. He is great at; being offside, crying at others whilst being useless. He isn't fit enough to be a polyp on Giroud's bottom region.

7 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I agree, the sending off was a real pisser but it happened in the 73rd minute and we were already 2-1 down with our best player off injured. Sadly think it was likely to be another case of us huffing and puffing without getting back in the game. Who knows?

Sounds like, more so than the ref, the injuries of Dave and Pulisic hit us more than anything else. Lost our leader, oost our best threat when he had a good chance to score. Without those and us going 2-1 up Who knows.

Ah well. Not our day.

1 hour ago, Stas1 said:

Arsenal will get well f**ked in Europa league and it will be my pleasure to see them playing Thursday football failing there and then failing again two days later in PL.

I knew Taylor would be a c**t in this game, but I clearly underestimated his sole purpose on this planet - to be a c**t of all c**ts.

Anyhow, this game was a farewell for a few of our players, and there is a clearly visible new dawn, new era for our club with very exciting young players coming through and joining us.

A few fixes at the back, and we will be kicking Arsenal next season in all our fixtures with this cheating revolting lot.

Yeah arsenal have such a stellar record in European competitions - anyone needing a reminder of how they usually fare can just take a quick rewatch of the 2019 Europa League final for a fun example:wink:

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Seem to be two stills of the "handball" doing the rounds ... which is correct ?

image.thumb.png.a0766563df948e4ae86ff877727a73e0.png

They're both probably from the clip, just different frames I reckon, with the top one being the frame of choice for Arsenal fans...

5 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Media so far pushing the one with the delayed pause. Nothing will come of it. Taylor will get games to f**k us over next season.

7 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

The problem with VAR , it's basically pick a frame that suits the argument. The most inconsistent part of the full argument was that BBC failed to provide an in game replay, why?  Noticeable too the VAR official was the one Alonso conned the free kick out of last week v Wolves.