Chelsea V Arsenal: FA Cup Final Saturday 1st August 17:30 GMT

I feel better than yesterday but I’m still a bit upset about the referees performance.

14 fouls to 2 in our favour suggests we was a dirty team compared to saints, when the reality is he blew for every little contact we made (or even didn’t make in Mason Mount’s case) and allowed literally everything bar 2 for Arsenal.

I understand Frank not making a big deal out of it and I agree that we also didn’t play well enough for long enough to win the final, but the sending off killed off any chance of winning yesterday.

But, I still don’t feel at ease on a set of referees that literally had a meeting to try and agree not to referee Chelsea games (Mark Clattenberg and Mikel incident).

Also, if you look at the pictures doing the rounds about the Maguire, Lloris incidents with Taylor in charge, he initially gave the Lloris incident as a free kick for Spurs.

I feel we have nobody within the industry to complain to, it’s like we either have to wait for a new generation of referees or continue like this making sure any goals we score are a yard onside with no contact with opposition players so goals can’t be disallowed.

The state of referees in this country is a joke.

Edited by 2211
11 hours ago, Kyle said:

In real time, Anthony Taylor has somehow managed to give more fouls and cards against Chelsea from these four incidents than the opposition!

960.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000549467478.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-02-17-at-3.53.24-PM-832

EeWzsPfXYAE6gI9?format=jpg&name=large

Cheat.

How does this continue and nothing is done about it? Honestly just feel done with football right now. I’ll see you all next season.

11 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

On the plus side this loss shows that the team needs massive upgrades , if we had won the board might have felt like we have good defenders and only need a few players. It is obvious that we need a massive overhaul. Hopefully Rudiger and Christensen are sold. The former has rocks for brains and the latter is just too soft for the premier league.

Not sure about that. Azpi giving away a penalty was stupid. Pulisic going off injured, and going down to 10 men didn't help at all, but these games are mostly won by fine margins. Arsenal beat Man City to get to the final, we beat Man Utd, Liverpool and Leicester on route to the final too, so I think people are going OTT a little with a massive overhaul. No doubt we need to strengthen, but we need at most 4 players. Due to consistent injuries, maybe it's a good idea to sign an extra player too. The issue has been the board not strengthening each season after we won the league.

I feel better than yesterday but I’m still a bit upset about the referees performance.
14 fouls to 2 in our favour suggests we was a dirty team compared to saints, when the reality is he blew for every little contact we made (or even didn’t make in Mason Mount’s case) and allowed literally everything bar 2 for Arsenal.
I understand Frank not making a big deal out of it and I agree that we also didn’t play well enough for long enough to win the final, but the sending off killed off any chance of winning yesterday.
But, I still don’t feel at ease on a set of referees that literally had a meeting to try and agree not to referee Chelsea games (Mark Clattenberg and Mikel incident).

Also, if you look at the pictures doing the rounds about the Maguire, Lloris incidents with Taylor in charge, he initially gave the Lloris incident as a free kick for Spurs.
I feel we have nobody within the industry to complain to, it’s like we either have to wait for a new generation of referees or continue like this making sure any goals we score are a yard onside with no contact with opposition players so goals can’t be disallowed.
The state of referees in this country is a joke.

Worst one was Luis review for a red card on Giroud wasn’t even given as a foul.

For some reason this cup loss feels more damaging for the coach Lampard than for the club. Chelsea lost and won finals over the years with other coaches so it’s business as usual. However, with winning this cup Lampard would have gotten a “winner” reputation. A guy who can get the job done even when the going is tough. A guy who gives a chance to a young talent and wins with them. 
A guy who might be the next Pep, Zidane raking trophies rather than Pochettino.  Even smallest trophies matter.
Let’s hope this would just make him and the team angrier and more determined to start smashing everyone new season.

Edited by rocker_joker

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

In Taylor's mind it's allowing the game to continue because he only sees Christensen making a foul there so it's advantage being played and nothing else.

It's Not Like Bellerin Overran The Ball And Slid In Late On Christensen 🙄🤯

Only thing I can take from this is that it's hard to win with 10 men against 12. We wasn't good and didn't deserve the win, but my god. What a disgrace.

Let Arse fans enjoy the win. When the play Europa League they will notice a difference with the officials.

12 hours ago, KaiHakimTimo said:

It is genius.

None of them deserve to remain at the club. It wasn't like it was an isolated bad performance today. They have been the very definition of w**k all season.

Cut them loose. I'd rather have reserves and youngsters with actual fight and spirit take their place.

I'd even sacrifice the signing of Havertz in order to have money available to replace them.

That's just the start too. Abraham needs to go. Has any player complained as much as he has at being the architect of his own downfall? He can't; pass, shoot, score. He is great at; being offside, crying at others whilst being useless. He isn't fit enough to be a polyp on Giroud's bottom region.

So again I'll ask who we should sign to replace those 5 defenders you want to get rid of? No fantasy football or Fifa, who would you suggest we buy that we could realistically get?

You contradict yourself also, you say we should get rid of RJ but now say you'd want to bring in youngsters? I don't get this whole narrative, every young player is going to be massively inconsistent...

The idea about sacrificing the Havertz signing is ludicrous, he's one of the highest rated young players in football right now and has the potential to be a superstar. Choosing to miss out on him is crazy

Lastly, your last comment literally makes no sense. Abraham can't shoot or score yet is our top goalscorer this season with 17 goals? The guy literally turned 22 this season and helped fire us into the top 4

14 hours ago, Zero said:

This, I don't think we need a complete overhaul in the defensive line if we can just bring in some stability. I think Zouma and Christensen are good enough but they need a more stable player around to really shine - think of it as our Virgil Van Dijk. Also, a keeper that doesn't throw balls in our own net would be most welcome.

I was hoping that Rüdiger would stabilize our defense. But sadly, I don't think he's good enough for us.

It's just your typical overreaction from some people

A GK that can actually claim crosses, dominate his area and make actual saves will make a huge difference

Both Tomori and Zouma are good players. Put either on of them next to a top class CB and our defence improves massively. 

We just need some leadership back there

9 hours ago, The Brit said:

Well what a load of bollox. We have somehow contrived to lose to a bang average arsenal side in the cup final again. 
I was pleased Lampard didn’t go too much down the ref was sh*t line and injuries too. Instead he had a go at the way they stopped playing about 15 minutes in and he was right. We let them off the hook.

I’m going to contradict myself though by saying aubameyang did the pro thing of staying on his feet long enough till he got in the area before flopping to the floor, something arsenal players did all Day. Haven’t seen a team flop and moan to the ref as much as that for a while. Every challenge. But then if the ref is so sh*t to give you everything, why not?

thought we actually did quite well in the second half - Arse restricted to a few counter attacks but that was enough. Once Pulisic went off, we had no scary threat. 
Lastly, what kind of message has Hudson-Odoi been sent that Lampard would rather bring on an ageing Pedro who is about to leave rather than him? All is not well there me thinks 

Agree with all that except the Hudson-Odoi/Pedro bit 

Frank has not known his first 11 since lock down, about the only criticism I have in him really albeit he has had a number of injury issues..However he clearly in the matches we needed a result went for experience as far as I am concerned,  I reckon that’s why be bought on Pedro on. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

So again I'll ask who we should sign to replace those 5 defenders you want to get rid of? No fantasy football or Fifa, who would you suggest we buy that we could realistically get?

Ivanovic is available on a free... :wink:

I’ve had people who don’t give a sh*te and rarely watch football asking me about the referee yesterday just to highlight how f**king woeful that performance was. 

I’m with Frank though, we still weren’t good enough over 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Not sure about that. Azpi giving away a penalty was stupid. Pulisic going off injured, and going down to 10 men didn't help at all, but these games are mostly won by fine margins. Arsenal beat Man City to get to the final, we beat Man Utd, Liverpool and Leicester on route to the final too, so I think people are going OTT a little with a massive overhaul. No doubt we need to strengthen, but we need at most 4 players. Due to consistent injuries, maybe it's a good idea to sign an extra player too. The issue has been the board not strengthening each season after we won the league.

So when you say we need at most 4 new players is that including the 2 we have already bought? Because from my view point we need a new keeper, centre back , left back ,defensive midfielder and of course HAVERTZ. We have no creativity players down the middle and rely solely on our wing play,  that's why with pulisic and Willian out we look clueless.

We need a MASSIVE overall of this squad and hopefully we get rid of some dead wood like

Kepa

Emerson

Rudiger and or Christensen

Jorginho

Drinkwater

Barkley

Pedro ( Thanks for Ur service)

Batshuayi

13 hours ago, Chelsea Royale said:

Alonso and Reece went missing all match. Reece James seems really passive at the moment.

Can't believe the season Rudiger has had. Shocking.

Defo need some new defenders.

On Reece .. thats not true actually... Mount was tucked in, the plan was Azpi and Reece provide width with Azpi having a good cross on him from deep.. The moment Azpi was off he was playing against two since Zouma provides nothing as RCB.. Besides Reece had to constantly move inside since Jorginho and Kovacic were getting over run.. all this before we got reduced to 10.

18 hours ago, Nibs said:

Wish everyone would stop harping on about the ref. He hasn't been great but if we play to our strengths and stop Arsenal controlling the game the ref won't come into it. We need to up our game second 45 and remember this is the FA CUP FINAL FFS!

What was I thinking? Had a shocker there. Anthony Taylor is the f**king worst!!

That said, we didn't help ourselves and still don't think we did enough to win the game, DESPITE the w**ker of a ref.

i understand Frank being disappointed and not making a big deal out of it.. but he should have definitely called out the Ref and his shocking performance.. the players need more protection against the scrutiny sometimes.. Sir Alex, Mou, Pep, Klopp do it all the time.. 

Helps bring the group together.. 

I hope the referee's panel demotes this clown of a ref.. how he got another final after screwing up once already is beyond me.. One can understand one big mistake in a match.. but so many only shows that this buffon is incompetent... Frank should have really laid into him....

Also for the people saying the AC incident was 50-50 .. well bellerin lost the ball and dived in.. and he took out the defender.. If the ref is not blowing for that then the Kova's incident with Dani Ceballos was also a 50-50.. how was that a yellow.. I am still fuming with that ref's performance.. to think he will again stride out in a few weeks with no repercussions belies belief in today's professional world..

2 hours ago, andy said:

Agree with all that except the Hudson-Odoi/Pedro bit 

Frank has not known his first 11 since lock down, about the only criticism I have in him really albeit he has had a number of injury issues..However he clearly in the matches we needed a result went for experience as far as I am concerned,  I reckon that’s why be bought on Pedro on. 

I know what you mean Andy and I thought Pedro actually did pretty well considering he's barely played since the restart. But I was looking at it from Hudson-Odoi's point of view. Not only is he left out of the starting line-up when willian is injured, but is brought on after a guy who is leaving. This is not me saying he's been playing well enough to warrant lots of minutes, but I don't think all is well between the two of them. it can't be

4 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

How does this continue and nothing is done about it? Honestly just feel done with football right now. I’ll see you all next season.

He's either totally incompetent or a cheat.. 

https://www.givemesport.com/1588140-chelsea-twitter-thread-about-wrong-decisions-anthony-taylor-has-made-against-the-blues

In terms of Taylor he is obviously a cheat who has a problem with us. We should refuse to play any game he is the ref for. Take a stand.

In terms of this game. It hurt yesterday but was not our day. Injuries to our key defender and attacker as he was close to scoring, soft pen, clear foul before the second goal, farce of a red card etc. Lot of bad luck there. Not our day.

Having reminded myself how lucky I am to have seen us win League titles, CL, EL, cup winners cup, super cup, league cups and FA cups i feel better.

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

I know what you mean Andy and I thought Pedro actually did pretty well considering he's barely played since the restart. But I was looking at it from Hudson-Odoi's point of view. Not only is he left out of the starting line-up when willian is injured, but is brought on after a guy who is leaving. This is not me saying he's been playing well enough to warrant lots of minutes, but I don't think all is well between the two of them. it can't be

If you were Lamps, with 20mins left and you can only bring on 1 of 3 wingers. Pedro, CHO and Willian. Who would you pick to change the game? 

8 out of 10 people will pick Pedro. 

Just now, Deino said:

If you were Lamps, with 20mins left and you can only bring on 1 of 3 wingers. Pedro, CHO and Willian. Who would you pick to change the game? 

8 out of 10 people will pick Pedro. 

Actually I would pick Willian given his current form but he wasn't available. If Pedro didn't get injured he would have continued to be our main threat for the last few minutes unlike CHO who just recycled the ball sideways and back.

If he had started instead of Mason, who is incredibly average as a wide man, maybe things would have been different.