Chelsea V Arsenal: FA Cup Final Saturday 1st August 17:30 GMT

Looking forward to this, but back in1970 I remember it was more important than all the Christmas s and birthdays rolled into one. I couldn’t sleep and is was so exciting for Chelsea fans. The news papers would have been obsessed for the week before especially the London evening standard. The flags and bunting were fantastic, a real buzz everywhere. I went to every game up to the final but couldn’t get a ticket. Today got my family around for a bbq, grand kids in their tops lots of beer and hopefully another trophy. COME ON CHELSEA 🍺

For all you older heads you might be able to tell me more about FA Cup Final day back in the day. I heard even kids of teams that weren’t playing would be out waiting for the teams and it was a whole day affair on the tv. Now it’s a measly hour build up. It really is a shame and I was born in 93. 

@Kev56 sorry I just realised you wrote about this not long ago

Edited by rtwelch
8 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Looking forward to this, but back in1970 I remember it was more important than all the Christmas s and birthdays rolled into one. I couldn’t sleep and is was so exciting for Chelsea fans. The news papers would have been obsessed for the week before especially the London evening standard. The flags and bunting were fantastic, a real buzz everywhere. I went to every game up to the final but couldn’t get a ticket. Today got my family around for a bbq, grand kids in their tops lots of beer and hopefully another trophy. COME ON CHELSEA 🍺

I'm sad to say the FA cup has never had this kind of importance in my lifetime. The way you describe it, the closest thing for us is the World Cup.

Just now, axman2526 said:

Alright shed ender's, those of us abroad who are working and cannot record the game are relying on you for updates throughout the game.

Keep them positive and push us along to a cup win eh? 😉

Good luck to Frank and the boys today. Pretty evenly matched sides, hopefully lady luck smiles on us.

I normally text a mate during games and he ends up a few minutes behind because he streams. Sometimes I like to f**k with his mind :laugh2:

Big day.

Winning silverware would galvanize Frank and the playing squad heading into next season. I also want to avenge our FA Cup final defeats from 2002 and 2017.

Chelsea to win 2-1 😎

Really like the fact the FA Cup is being used for a good cause this season.

Just a quick one to everyone on this forum. If you have any problems or issues getting you down, understand there is at least one person out there who is there for you and there are millions more than likely going through the same thing.  Stick with it and remember you will always have your Chelsea family.

KTBFFH