• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud
    • Willian
    • Azpilicueta

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

A 21 year old played in his first season 37 games, was a key player overall in one of the most demanding leagues in Europe...Obviously he wasn't amazing in all games, that would have been unrealistic to expect anyway, there is not a single player that had 30 amazing games in our squad so put that bar a bit lower.

You got nothing on Lampard after this result, Kante got injured multiple times but Mount played like a machine the whole season, that only deserves praise.

Kovacic doesn't shoot and doesn't create goals, he runs with the ball and you're mindblown but for the modern game someone like Mount is always going to be more valuable for the long run.

Mount's ceiling is higher than the peak Kova,Barkely and you only saw RLC healthy for a month or two.

I don't have anything against Lampard, think he's done a fine job outside of his atrocious defensive setup (which lets be honest, probably the worst this club has ever seen)

Kovacic can dribble almost ike Hazard and make key passes and great through balls. Mount just runs a lot and brings energy. You're essentially comparing someone like a KDB to Henderson and you think Henderson is the winner, and I will never agree with that.

Also Mount's ceiling is definitely not higher lmfao, thats a terrible statement to make, Barkley at a younger age than Mount definitely had a higher ceiling and was tipped for greatness, he didn't live upto that potential but there are still glimpses of that player and he's had games where he's been excellent.

In fact, as far as our youth goes, Gilmour, Hudson, Reece (and RLC but he's not exactly youth anymore) all have higher ceilings than Mount imo, though I definitely rate Mount higher than Tammy.

1 minute ago, driller97 said:

I don't have anything against Lampard, think he's done a fine job outside of his atrocious defensive setup (which lets be honest, probably the worst this club has ever seen)

Kovacic can dribble almost ike Hazard and make key passes and great through balls. Mount just runs a lot and brings energy. You're essentially comparing someone like a KDB to Henderson and you think Henderson is the winner, and I will never agree with that.

Also Mount's ceiling is definitely not higher lmfao, thats a terrible statement to make, Barkley at a younger age than Mount definitely had a higher ceiling and was tipped for greatness, he didn't live upto that potential but there are still glimpses of that player and he's had games where he's been excellent.

In fact, as far as our youth goes, Gilmour, Hudson, Reece (and RLC but he's not exactly youth anymore) all have higher ceilings than Mount imo, though I definitely rate Mount higher than Tammy.

It doesn't matter if you have a problem or not, you have no argument against Lampard in relation to Mount.

Kovacic is not even close to KDB so your comparison/analogy doesn't work, at all.

Barkley is entering his peak next season and Mount is already better, so you're wrong.

And as far as our youth goes, Mount is the only one that has established himself as one of the first names in the starting lineup...

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It doesn't matter if you have a problem or not, you have no argument against Lampard in relation to Mount.

Kovacic is not even close to KDB so your comparison/analogy doesn't work, at all.

Barkley is entering his peak next season and Mount is already better, so you're wrong.

And as far as our youth goes, Mount is the only one that has established himself as one of the first names in the starting lineup...

The argument is that Lampard will play Mount regardless of he's playing well or not. Mount will need to get injured now so it forces Lampard to drop him.

Kovacic is a similar player to KDB, and the comparison makes perfect sense. You are essentially someone who think Henderson is better than KDB and someone who agrees with him winning POTY, whereas I think its a disgrace.

Barkley's peak is already gone, he peaked at Everton when he first broke through and been downhill ever since - But on his best day hes still better than Mount, even if its a very rare occurence

We already know why Mount has established himself, and its been said multiple times already.

9 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Thats more sad than anything Munk.

Anyway getting back on topic, Mount is a okay squad player but thats about it imo, definitely overrated on this forum.

I find going on a supporters forum to endlessly slag off a 21 year old who’s just had his break through season in the top flight where he was one of the better players over the season, putting more experienced and established players to shame in the process, sad myself. 

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

People voting for Mount need to leave this forum and watch another sport.

43 minutes ago, driller97 said:

But for me he's no way ahead of Kovacic.

21 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Tammy is awful and if you think otherwise you are clueless.

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

People voting for Mount need to leave this forum and watch another sport.

Okay, we get it, you have opinions. Others have them as well. [shocking spoiler alert] Could it be that not everybody has the same one opinion (yours)?! This is not a right or wrong thing, and you have no place here to tell others your opinion is so much better that people not sharing them are clueless and should bugger off.

If you find it so hard to read about other opinions, I suggest you bugger off yourself. Much simpler.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

I find going on a supporters forum to endlessly slag off a 21 year old who’s just had his break through season in the top flight where he was one of the better players over the season, putting more experienced and established players to shame in the process, sad myself. 

Endlessly slag off? I gave credit where its due, people just rate him way too high imo.

Also the age thing means nothing when CHO is younger and people love to slag him off. Only difference I see is the color of their skin... Subtle racism perhaps?

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

Okay, we get it, you have opinions. Others have them as well. [shocking spoiler alert] Could it be that not everybody has the same one opinion (yours)?! This is not a right or wrong thing, and you have no place here to tell others your opinion is so much better that people not sharing them are clueless and should bugger off.

If you find it so hard to read about other opinions, I suggest you bugger off yourself. Much simpler.

Yeah fair enough! I may have gone overboard, but all is good now.

I just agree to disagree with some others opinions :)

2 minutes ago, driller97 said:

The argument is that Lampard will play Mount regardless of he's playing well or not. Mount will need to get injured now so it forces Lampard to drop him.

Kovacic is a similar player to KDB, and the comparison makes perfect sense. You are essentially someone who think Henderson is better than KDB and someone who agrees with him winning POTY, whereas I think its a disgrace.

Barkley's peak is already gone, he peaked at Everton when he first broke through and been downhill ever since - But on his best day hes still better than Mount, even if its a very rare occurence

We already know why Mount has established himself, and its been said multiple times already.

Mount is the reason why Lampard can play the pressing game in the first place, he's essential to his tactic, 37 games and top 4 finish makes Mount a key player at 20-21 years old.

Kovacic is not similar to KDB at all. KDB has 20+ assists and 10+ goals so you proved right here that Kovacic is the most overrated player lmao 😄

13 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Wow what an accusation. Cheerio d**khead. 

Not accusing you directly, but people in general... CHO is 2 years younger than Mount and he has been lambasted left right and centre whereas Mount only seems to be getting nonstop praise despite having a few shockers himself

this was a tough one for me. Kova, Azpi, Mount, Giroud, Willian and Pulisic all with legitimate claims. I tried voting for all them, but it didn't work. 

The injury bug hurt Pulisic, and Giroud not starting for a good portion of the beginning of the season hurt him there. But both players were absolutely crucial after the restart. I'm not sure where we would be if we didn't have either player.

Mount playing in every league game and always working hard was impressive to watch. I'm excited to see him grow more and more as a footballer.

Azpi: you always know what you are going to get with him. He is the picture of consistency; never too high or too low.

Kova, who was always a rock in the middle of the pitch when we needed him to be. Especially without Jorginho or Kante not in the team for stretches.

Willian had a really solid season. He scored goals when we needed him and usually gave us solid performances throughout the season. 

I was going to vote for Willian when I started commenting, but I decided on Kova after going through my list and thinking about it further. Really when it comes down to it, no one really stood out above the rest completely but a group of players helped steer us through the turbulent waters during a transfer ban, losing our best player and a freaking pandemic. Solid season from the Blues but now comes the real pressure and expectations.

13 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Not accusing you directly, but people in general... CHO is 2 years younger than Mount and he has been lambasted left right and centre whereas Mount only seems to be getting nonstop praise despite having a few shockers himself

Are you honestly trying to compare the seasons they've had, or are you just that desperate with the straw grabbing on trying to maintain this view of yours?

If you don't agree with me you should leave the forum and stop following the sport was the starts, and now we're at if you disagree with me you're a racist.......there's a few other threads you can go with that.

May I suggest if supporting an academy product who in his first PL season was very influential in overachieving the team's goals, and who had a fantastic season full of even more promise is getting you this upset.....maybe you should consider your own advice.  

Edited by Barry Bridges

Jeez. Opinions are fine and without them discussion / the forum would be pointless, but don’t get so entrenched in your “view” that you end up saying things you don’t mean about the player you didn’t pick. It’s ok for example to think both Kovacic and Mount have been great for different reasons.

2 hours ago, driller97 said:

I am sorry but you are way off with that comparison.. the only belgian he is similar to is Dembele ... but KDB's numbers are insane he has created 20 Assists.. Kova has one goal and 3 assists. I dont know how you can make this comparison.. KDB has amazing vision, passing range, shooting ability - Kovacic has none... not sure on the barkley comparison either.. different players..

On his best day mount will score hatricks.. not sure barkley ever has scored a hat trick... ever

4 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Really? None?

maybe i was being a little harsh.. but i think KDB's creative game is another level... I think Kova has a great engine can run with the ball at pace and beat a press.. but goals and assists arent his game..

11 minutes ago, Jangz said:

maybe i was being a little harsh.. but i think KDB's creative game is another level... I think Kova has a great engine can run with the ball at pace and beat a press.. but goals and assists arent his game..

I remember his assist to Kanté against City and I think Eden praised his vision too last year. 

I also don't think KDB is some kind of god, he's playing in a much stronger squad without any FFP restrictions -or so it seems- while we were dealing with a transfer ban. I think you should reserve your judgement about Kovacics assists and goals until next season when we're not playing Sarriball or transfer restristrictions. If it doesn't get better by then, you're 100% correct.

Edited by Vagabond
Just now, Vagabond said:

I remember his assist to Kanté against City and I think Eden praised his vision too last year. 

I also don't think KDB is some kind of god, he's playing in a much stronger squad without any FFP restrictions -or so it seems- while we were dealing with a transfer ban.

When was the last time someone made 20 assists in the PL? And you dare to compare him with Kovacic that is notorious for his lack of end product? When a midfielder has that kind of a season it's just silly to try to compare him with anyone else he's clearly the best, try to argue with real Man City fans about this and you look ridiculous and super biased.

Soon enough someone will say that Willian is basically Messi.

• coco locked and unpinned this topic