Players to sell (evergreen "deadwood" thread)

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Clubs just aren't buying much this summer (besides us that is), so as desperate as we are to sell players, we don't want to be selling players for under their value when we can get double the fee for them next season. 

Plus bear in mind there is still a month or so to go, so there "could" be plenty of deals going on in the back ground that we dont know about

• 7 months later...

Will be interesting to see how much of the deadwood are able to shift this summer.

Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Rahman, Barkley, RLC, Moses, Kenedy, Alonso or Emerson

Then Tomori and Abraham in addition to those that are likely to leave.

I hope the club have started early in finding interested clubs in the nine I consider deadwood at the very least.

On paper we should be able to get close to 150 million i'd say if we managed to shift all those players (including Tomori and Abraham). 

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

Will be interesting to see how much of the deadwood are able to shift this summer.

Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Rahman, Barkley, RLC, Moses, Kenedy, Alonso or Emerson

Then Tomori and Abraham in addition to those that are likely to leave.

I hope the club have started early in finding interested clubs in the nine I consider deadwood at the very least.

On paper we should be able to get close to 150 million i'd say if we managed to shift all those players (including Tomori and Abraham). 

Mate clubs are cash strapped apart form ones like City and PSG. I imagine Milan keep Tomori but otherwise we are going to either keep them all, loan them or sell for peanuts.

Every season 

Sell Bakayoko - 30 m

Sell Tomori - 30 m

Sell drinkwater - 20 m

Sell zappacosta - 20 m

Sell Tammy - 50 m

Sell Barkley - 30 m

Buy mbappe -200 m 

Reality 

Loan, loan, loan

I'm not expecting much for Batshuayi, Emerson, Zappacosta, Bakayoko and Drinkwater. All of those have contracts that expire in summer of 2022 (1 year left). 

Those that can make us some money are: 

Tammy Abraham : 40mil-50mil

Tomori: 25mil

Barkley: 30mil

Ziyech: 40mil  (I don't think he fits our attack)

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Every season 

Sell Bakayoko - 30 m

Sell Tomori - 30 m

Sell drinkwater - 20 m

Sell zappacosta - 20 m

Sell Tammy - 50 m

Sell Barkley - 30 m

Buy mbappe -200 m 

Reality 

Loan, loan, loan

We'll do well to get that kind of money for players that clubs know have no place in our squad.  Tomori (agreed), Tammy for 40M and Barkley 20-30 seem most likely.

Just saw Mbappe!! haha

The usual suspects to go.

Baka - we will be lucky to get £15m for him, so will probably stay and be back on loan.

Barkley - Not set the world alight at villa, and looking like West Ham the only option. Wouldnt see us getting more than £20m.

Tomori - as good as gone by the looks of it. £25m

Drinkwater - give him away! find a way to sue him for breach of contract, plant something on him, the Salisbury terror attack, any Russian assassination - just anything to get him out of the club, for free.

Zappa - Cant see us getting more than £8- £12 mill.

Tammy - Hope he stays and shows he wants to fight for a place. But it is increasingly looking like he is not up for the fight and wants to leave. Wouldnt of thought we will get more than £35m + add ons for him.

RLC - I am not quite ready to give up on him - and would keep him around.

Michy - Got to go. £15-£20m

Izzy Brown - £7-£10m

Matt miazga - £2-£5m

Kenedy - £5-£8 m

Ampadu - Would keep him around the squad next year to see if he kicks on.

Lewis Baker - £5-£7m

Van Ginkel - Let him go to any club that will play him, for free. Lad has had a nightmare few years, and deserves to find a loving home.

Moses - £8 -£10m

Clarke Salter - £6-£8m

If we got the lower end of all those, it is still £151m - which would be nice to put towards, say, a Haaland.

47 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

The usual suspects to go.

Baka - we will be lucky to get £15m for him, so will probably stay and be back on loan.

Barkley - Not set the world alight at villa, and looking like West Ham the only option. Wouldnt see us getting more than £20m.

Tomori - as good as gone by the looks of it. £25m

Drinkwater - give him away! find a way to sue him for breach of contract, plant something on him, the Salisbury terror attack, any Russian assassination - just anything to get him out of the club, for free.

Zappa - Cant see us getting more than £8- £12 mill.

Tammy - Hope he stays and shows he wants to fight for a place. But it is increasingly looking like he is not up for the fight and wants to leave. Wouldnt of thought we will get more than £35m + add ons for him.

RLC - I am not quite ready to give up on him - and would keep him around.

Michy - Got to go. £15-£20m

Izzy Brown - £7-£10m

Matt miazga - £2-£5m

Kenedy - £5-£8 m

Ampadu - Would keep him around the squad next year to see if he kicks on.

Lewis Baker - £5-£7m

Van Ginkel - Let him go to any club that will play him, for free. Lad has had a nightmare few years, and deserves to find a loving home.

Moses - £8 -£10m

Clarke Salter - £6-£8m

If we got the lower end of all those, it is still £151m - which would be nice to put towards, say, a Haaland.

Just the 14 buyers to find then !

Abraham and Tomori are probably the only ones truly in demand ... the rest I would say we are stuck with ... loaned out until released as "end of contract" ...

I doubt we will get money for most of the lads apart from Tomori, Tammy, Ross and Baka.. for others maybe the wage bill freeing up is all we can hope for.. but were it Football Manager then probably the $150 mil others are quoting would have been possible... 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting finish to the season.

I think we need new attacking players with more pace and able to hold off defenders as well as being able to shoot.

I'm not persuaded by Werner, Ziyech or Pulisic though Havertz shows enough for another season, IMO. The key for moving on will they be prepared to sit on the bench and I don't think either Werner or Pulisic will.

I think Zouma will probably go for first team football elsewhere and we may get Tomori back yet think we need a defender to allow us to go 4 at the back.

Silva, I would keep for another season if he is willing not perfect yet has played well for the most part.

We need better midfielders to cover the basics, Jorgy too slow and Kova can't shoot and is a bit error prone and Kante is coming to the end soonish.

Think we need cover at RB or WRB as think Azpi is also coming to the end not sure if either Zappacosta or Moses is good enough for cover, probably not.

Would prefer Kepa to move and get another second keeper yet that might be a step too far in terms of what business we can feasibly get done in the summer with the Euros on.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

It's started ... 7 players on the released list

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

Thanks chaps and good luck in the rest of your career, life etc

• Jamal Blackman
  • Izzy Brown
  • Willy Caballero
  • Declan Frith (who ? 🙂 )
  • Danilo Pantic
  • Marko Van Ginkel
  • Jack Wakely

Ryan Bertrand released by Southampton, somehow I missed that earlier. Hopefully he won't have any problems finding a new club.

Our list is very modest compared to that of other clubs, but in view of the many unfamiliar names, those are mainly loanees or academy graduates.

53 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Ryan Bertrand released by Southampton, somehow I missed that earlier. Hopefully he won't have any problems finding a new club.

Our list is very modest compared to that of other clubs, but in view of the many unfamiliar names, those are mainly loanees or academy graduates.

I also noticed Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic on the Released list at Palace and WBA respectively.

Maybe they will have one last playing gig in the USA before retirement ? I hope so ...

31 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I also noticed Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic on the Released list at Palace and WBA respectively.

Maybe they will have one last playing gig in the USA before retirement ? I hope so ...

I think Branislav is not fit enough for EPL now though could see Cahill going to a newly promoted side as back-up. 

7 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

It's started ... 7 players on the released list

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

Thanks chaps and good luck in the rest of your career, life etc

• Jamal Blackman
  • Izzy Brown
  • Willy Caballero
  • Declan Frith (who ? 🙂 )
  • Danilo Pantic
  • Marko Van Ginkel
  • Jack Wakely

Izzy and van Ginkel had a lot of promise back then. That injury really ruined van Ginkel and Izzy just couldn't kick on at the mens level

2 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Shame about blackman, he's been on our books for ages, every now and then he even made the bench.

Was third choice for our first Champions League win, the second greatest achievement of his life.

The first? Bumping in to me in Wimbledon Burger King obviously!

7 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Was third choice for our first Champions League win, the second greatest achievement of his life.

The first? Bumping in to me in Wimbledon Burger King obviously!

What was such an elite athlete doing in Burger King? 

I can understand Blackman being there but why were you there