Bayern Munich (3) vs (0) Chelsea 08/08/20, 20:00 GMT

Individually all our defenders are poor.

We defend as a team poorly, Midfield don't track runners we fail to smell danger.

Frank has a huge job fixing this, at some point we have turned into Arsenal and are so easy to counter against

Our squad has some exciting players but maybe it requires a couple of knowledgeable old hands to guide us through this period 

Just now, BewareoftheDrog said:

Ha. They're not the only ones!

We'll see who will laugh when Roman spends 600m by the end of September, we don't even care if they transfer-ban us after that!

3 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Just goes to show how far behind we are to top level UCL contenders... Embarrassing from us, but can't be too harsh as this was always a transitional season.

But now that Frank has his signings and has had a year to settle in, performances like this this time next season and he'd have to walk.

I agree, 

lamps, will have to be brought into question next season. If things don’t improve in certain aspects. 

Maybe iam been over harsh with this but i never want to see Christensen in a chelsea shirt again ,thats not just on tonights 

performance thats on his whole season this term . I have no confidence as in him at all and when i see him in the starting line up 

i watch him Even closer in hope he shows a glimmer of what our back line needs ., and he as never passed the test for me 

Glad that's over. I'm still trying to work out if Bayern are that good or we are that bad. That was a friendly for them in the last 30 and they still scored 2 goals. 

Some bright moments but our complete inability to be compact and defend when needed is maddening. Some of it is the personnel but most of it is the structure. 54 matches with only 13 clean sheets and 75 goals conceded. That's 15 more than the last two seasons and even worse than the Jose's last season where we finished 10th. 

It has to be fixed. I fear Frank won't get a third season if we concede as many again next year. But from losing 4-0 in our first game to 4-1 tonight I'm not sure our defence has improved at all.

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

On the other hand, you can easily argue that internationals who have been defenders since the age of 8 (or whatever) really ought to know where to stand without being told by Frank ...

That’s fair, but after a full season of it, why doesn’t he pick some youth players or some strikers and play them there? How the hell have the club reached a point where we have a collection of defenders so bad that they cannot even be coached in how to defend? How have they blagged their way from the playground to first team at Chelsea on 100 grand a week when they have so little football ability they don’t know even the basics of being a defender. I bloody hope this kind of situation can’t happen with Surgeons or aircraft pilots.

We basically got totally schooled by a team having a training session. A 70% Bayern team played with us. What were our tactics today. Other than let's try and keep the ball and best of luck, what was the plan, the pattern tonight.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

We basically got totally schooled by a team having a training session. A 70% Bayern team played with us. What were our tactics today. Other than let's try and keep the ball and best of luck, what was the plan, the pattern tonight.

actually the plan was clear to see.. we were to try to play up the ball behind.. But Tammy was too lazy and inexpereinced to make a decent curved run... it doesnt help when we concede too comical goals..

4 minutes ago, Snedger said:

It’s no mean feat on this site, but your post puts you in prime position for minister of propaganda.

Well we have shown obvious weaknesses during the season. Which is completely normal at this point. You can't expect us to be at the same level right now as we were for example 10 years ago, that is just how football works. Maybe you should lower your expectations a bit. The season was undoubtedly successful.

Humiliation and total embarassment.

If we're going to lose like that, might as well have played the youth.

This wasn't even Bayern at their absolute best. They were using us as warm up. Disgusting performance by us

4 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

That's not true, Bayern played at 50% capability all things considered :Troll_Face:

Can't even begin to be bothered about this result. We're not even top 4 in our own league(imo we're 6th at best and we punched way above our weight this season) and we're miles away from the European elite. So whatever to this Bayern result. 

What I hope to see next season and from thereon is Liverpool levels of improvement. Those gits finished 8th when Klopp took over, then 4th for two seasons after, followed by 2nd and winning the CL  and then they won the bloody League title. 

So next season we need to hold on to 4th. If we climb higher that's great but under no circumstances should we be lower than 4th. 

We need to be pragmatic. Chelsea rebuilding has been a long time coming and it's going to take patience. 

3 minutes ago, ZouMan said:

We met this team in February lost 3/0 , we meet them again in August to lose 4/1.

six months no improvement.

Without Pulisic, Azpi, Jorginho, Alonso, Willian, RLC tonight, and a barely fit Kante. That's like a half of our team. Also in the 1st leg we had several injuries.

We were playing against probably the best team in Europe, and as I already said this is the maximum of this team at the moment. Not even the most optimistic fans expected us to go through.

If needing any reminder about the state of our defence, particularly when up against top level attack, tonight just showed it yet again this season,

But just consider our season overall - just checking quickly, as far as I am aware our defensive record this season in domestic and European competitions is as follows:

Played: 55

Conceeded: 79

Clean sheets: 13

It speaks for itself - and has been so unlike most Chelsea teams in recent decades, we have lost our defensive stability and reliability so very much currently, and urgently need to repair it if we are to challenge at the top again soon.

Edited by Salato
clarifying domestic plus European competitions defensive record
15 minutes ago, charierre said:

Individually all our defenders are poor.

We defend as a team poorly, Midfield don't track runners we fail to smell danger.

Frank has a huge job fixing this, at some point we have turned into Arsenal and are so easy to counter against

Our squad has some exciting players but maybe it requires a couple of knowledgeable old hands to guide us through this period 

I think we have seen that collectively our defenders are shocking no matter who Frank plays together.  However, while individual talent maybe lacking they are after all professional footballers; I think this is a bigger problem for the club than just the players.  The coaching staff are clearly not capable of forming a defensive strategy and game plan and I wonder even if we have a defensive coach within the training staff...if we do, we need a new one...perhaps Steve Clarke is available to sort this out.

4 minutes ago, Salato said:

If needing any reminder about the state of our defence, particularly when up against top level attack, tonight just showed it yet again this season,

But just consider our season overall - just checking quickly, as far as I am aware our defensive record this season in domestic competitions is as follows:

Played: 55

Conceeded: 79

Clean sheets: 13

It speaks for itself - and has been so unlike most Chelsea teams in recent decades, we have lost our defensive stability and reliability so very much currently, and urgently need to repair it if we are to challenge at the top again soon.

They said tonight that this season's defence has statistically been the worst Chelsea defence for 30 years. That's pre Hoddle.

Edited by WhiteWall