Sergi Reguilon

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Just scored against Roma. This kid is fast.

Keeper should be saving that but a very good run by Reguilon. What I like is he maintains the width on the left, and comes inside once the winger pulls the defender away. Good goal.

He's a better player than Chilwell and wouldn't cost us an insane amount of money. He doesn't seem to be the type of player to hesistate when going forward either, something that has been an issue with our full backs for a while now.
Regulion €30m, Onana €30m and seal Havertz at €80m and we are set for the season. Get rid of deadwood.

Regulion werner Ziyech Havertz Pulisic and cho would give us a ton of pace but not necessarily much muscle. I really like the look of regulion but left back is a luxury. Chelsea have had crappy left backs, with the exception of Cole, since for ever and it never stopped us. 
the greater need is getting a strong spine and for me that’s come to mean goal keeper. 
that said I’d be happy with regulion, 

5 hours ago, ozboy said:

Regulion werner Ziyech Havertz Pulisic and cho would give us a ton of pace but not necessarily much muscle. I really like the look of regulion but left back is a luxury. Chelsea have had crappy left backs, with the exception of Cole, since for ever and it never stopped us. 
the greater need is getting a strong spine and for me that’s come to mean goal keeper. 

A new LB is a must. It's not a luxury we really need to improve there.

10 hours ago, ozboy said:

Luxury? In modern football fullback are such a key going forward with overlapping, look at Liverpool, and the ability to track back  as well means you need a certain type of lb to play like that at top level. 

Name a good team without good fullbacks? 

Apart from Cole we had Azpi in that role who was probably the best 1 on 1 defender in the league in his prime and another top LB in luis we let go back to athleti for some idiotic reason, even Alonso as a wingback is a very good player in that role.

We haven’t won the league once without a good LB. 

Edited by SFL82

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

I agree on most of that, particularly the muscle bit. We've hired too many weak technical footballers recently. Need a bit of size and power as well as pace and technique. 

I like Reguilon but he definitely another player in that category. Any chance we can clone a left footed version of Reece James?

On 07/08/2020 at 19:57, ozboy said:

I think Ziyech is definitely a bit lightweight (and also, not especially quick over a distance), and Reguilon could obviously use a meal and a gym session but the others? Havertz is listed as 6" and 82kg at the age of 20, which is virtually identical to Ballack in his prime; there is a reason why people in Germany are excited about someone with his technical ability married to that physical potential. Werner has added a lot of muscle in the last few years, adding power behind his pace. Hudson-Odoi, like Havertz, is still young and has exceptional physical potential.

The thing that works in Reguilon's favour is recovery speed, which is something we haven't seen in a fullback since Ashley Cole. Cole wasn't the strongest or largest but never really had to shoulder players off the ball because he was quick and intelligent enough to tackle them or jockey them out of position to delay the cross.  At 23, there's also plenty of time for him to pack on some size too.

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

If this guy is available at £20M, I'd be amazed if Marina didn't get this one done. He seems to tick all the boxes for age, ability, future potential, profit from sell-on, etc etc

All he has to do is to want to play for us...and no club should make a better offer...