Sergi Reguilon

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

2 mins in cheating f*cker. Don't want these cheating tossers in our club. No thanks

At least if he does sign he will be OUR cheating f**ker ... LOL

I'm not expecting it though. I think we've just used him to get the Chilwell price down ... unless our plan is to sign the pair of them and sell both Alonso and Emerson !

Is he playing fullback tonight? At least on attack he us playing inside , well inside from the left attacker Campos. I think he’s good on what I can see. Already won a couple of defensive headers, great pace. 

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I'm not sure why would Zidane want to sell him so easy, he's a great player.

They have Mendy and Marcelo as left backs. Reguilon is as good as both of them, I would have got rid of Marcelo instead if I was Zidane. The strange part is that they are willing to sell him for as low as 20mil.

7 minutes ago, comtrend said:

They have Mendy and Marcelo as left backs. Reguilon is as good as both of them, I would have got rid of Marcelo instead if I was Zidane. The strange part is that they are willing to sell him for as low as 20mil.

Before he was loaned to Sevilla, Reguilon was actually playing instead of Marcelo a bit...

This evaluation that Reguilon is simply not needed and that he can be sold for such a small amount is really strange, it's possible that Marcelo has 1 more year of top football in him and then Real Madrid will need to spend more money than what they will get for selling Reguilon.

He was absolutely sensational in that final. What a full back he is. So full of energy with great pace and always looking to whip in a delivery. He is like a Spanish clone of Andy Robertson. His recovery pace against Martinez (who is also quick) was outrageous. 

I cannot believe we want to buy Chilwell for 3 times the amount of this guy. I really hope Lampard watched the game last night and changed his mind. 

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

I know. The old arrogant approach about the English league, which coincidently is the only league in the top 5 to not have a team in a European final. 

Nothing to do with arrogance at all. If our league is so sh*t why do all these players want to come here to test themselves. With regards to Reguillon, despite how good he is at crossing the ball can he actually defend

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

I know. The old arrogant approach about the English league, which coincidently is the only league in the top 5 to not have a team in a European final. 

Garbage, how about the last 10 years where English teams have regularly got to finals and win the European trophies, are we just ignoring that? 

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Garbage, how about the last 10 years where English teams have regularly got to finals and win the European trophies, are we just ignoring that? 

For example last season when all four teams in the two finals were English.

Reguilon is better than Chilwell in my book in all aspects apart from strength, which in England is very important. I hope we're making the right choice and we're not being fleeced by Leicester again. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

What a player, its a travesty that we're going for Midwell over this guy for triple the price

Lampard's choice...

Sergio is a better player IMO and Real Madrid's offer is a bargain but there must be something that was scouted which makes Chilwell the transfer target. Maybe it's also the rest of the squad, Sevilla has players that can make up for the forward runs of Reguilon, we don't. So maybe Chilwell fits more for the balance of Lampard's tactic and complements the other players better... Just a theory.

5 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Nothing to do with arrogance at all. If our league is so sh*t why do all these players want to come here to test themselves. With regards to Reguillon, despite how good he is at crossing the ball can he actually defend

To test themselves. ?

Yes, because the enormous wages have zero impact on their decision making. Good grief. 

I think there’s more to the bargain transfer than meets the eye. If he does go for that I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if there’s a 50 mil buy back clause in it or something similar. So Madrid can buy him back when Marcelo leaves if he carries on with this trajectory but swerve it if he flops. Imagine if he succeeded then Madrid buys him back and we end up having to spend more money on chilwell and have to integrate another player into the system? It’s purely a guess but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this is the case, when the rumoured clubs are Everton, Leicester, Seville and an Italian club (not sure which one) and not the bigger clubs, teams aiming for later stages of the champions league, there must be a reason why, because he certainly looks to have the talent.

8 minutes ago, Montessori said:

Why would real madrid sell this guy for 25 mil with no buy back clause if he is that good? Makes no sense to me
He does look good though

Madrid sent a 19 year old Hakimi to Dortmund on loan for 2 seasons. He went on to start over 70 games for Dortmund. They then sell him to Inter for $44M US.

It's possible.

Edited by haviet1