Brighton v Chelsea (PL) Mon 14th Sep 2020 20:15 GMT

i could care less about the lineup for the first game I just want to see the team back in action. For what its worth both Kante and Kova looked good in the recent internationals, as of course did werner and even Giroud scored. I didn't see England play.

Hopefully we get some injury updates this today. Is Tammy fit? One of my lineups has Werner wide with Tammy up front and CHO on the other side. Wont happen of course

27 minutes ago, Erdal1905 said:

So no Ziyech, Chilwell and Thiago Silva as expected. Also Gilmour will be out for several months. 

So I guess it will be:

Kepa

Azpi Zouma Rüdiger Alonso

Kova Kante Mount

CHO Werner Pulisic

Pulisic and Azpi only started training with the first team yesterday so I doubt they will start. Based on that, and Kova's suspension I reckon:

Kepa

James Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Jorginho Kante Mount

CHO Werner Havertz/RLC

Another option would be to start either Tammy or Giroud as CF and move Werner to the wing

Would be silly to go with the 3 at the back against Brighton now that we have better attackers, it's a new season we should start playing what Lampard wants to play.

Players that performed well recently in the Nations League are Kante, Jorginho, Werner, Giroud and T.Silva played well in the CL final so we should start somewhere from there and Mount is in the starting lineup so I expect something like this:

lineup.png.5dd422eb66e2f88e0c608233e0253a46.png

Mount being so versatile will work in Alonso's favor as Mount will drop deeper and help out. Subs Kovacic, Giroud. I forgot to write Kepa there, too late now.

PS. Didn't know Ziyech was injured, CHO in that case.

Edited by Gol15
1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Kepa

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Havertz Kante Mount

CHO Werner Pulisic

I like this line-up but I dont think Lampard will start Pulisic. He will be cautious with him. So maybe Werner on the left and Tammy up front. 

Edited by Browerkid

Kepa

Azpi    Christensen   Zouma   Alonso

Juninho

Kante                  Mount

Havertz             Giroud        Werner

Brighton 1️⃣

Chelsea    2 

First goal 24th minute  Giroud

Kepa

James        Christensen   Zouma       Alonso

Jorginho

Kante                 Mount

Havertz                                                  Werner

Giroud

I think this is how we will start the game against Brighton.

Hopefully Pulisic will be ready for Liverpool as he tore them apart last season, then i would put him in for Giroud and play Werner up top, Kovacic in for Jorginho and Silva in for Christensen

Here is my team for the first match, and I'm going to yell at everyone who disagrees with me and call them jerks because only jerks disagree with me

Kepa | James Zouma Rudi Alonso | Havertz Kante Mount | CHO Werner Pulisic 

Honestly, the options we have going forward now and the fact that - I thoroughly appreciate their service to this club - we don't have to always see Willian and/or Pedro on the team sheet every week will be nice. As I said, they did awesome things for this club and always worked their tails off week in and week out.

Edit: I just saw Silva won't be included due to recently joining and not being ready yet, so I took him out

Edited by chiefBlueCFC

On 10/09/2020 at 18:47, The Don Antonio said:

Kepa

Azpi    Christensen   Zouma   Alonso

Juninho

Kante                  Mount

Havertz             Giroud        Werner

Like this line up looks pretty strong . Maybe James in for Azpi though because if the injury . 

Really looking forward to the game  COME ON CHELSEA ...

Shed end super 6 league open. pin = VATWUV

On 10/09/2020 at 15:31, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Rudiger

James  Havertz  Kante  Mount  Alonso

Tammy   Werner

Quite like this idea ... even with some injuries and a suspension to contend with, this lineup doesn't have anyone having to play out of position ... square pegs for square holes. And width from the wing backs should mitigate not playing any actual wingers ...