Brighton v Chelsea (PL) Mon 14th Sep 2020 20:15 GMT

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

RLC was totally off it, Its good he got some minutes, but he seems a long way off unfortunately.

Yeah, i said before the game he had to take this opportunity or risk falling far down the pecking order. Unfortunately he did the latter.

Could be curtains for his Chelsea-career soon. I assume he wants to be a starter somewhere but he's a long way off at this club going forward.

Just now, forbzy said:

With other players returning to the team I doubt RLC will get another start soon. If anything Barkley made a claim to start next time, assuming we still have the same players out injured. RLC may have to wait until the EFL Cup for his next chance.

I know he probably wouldnt like it, but a loan would be better imo..Give him chance to play regularly to get over his injury. 

Got the job done. Not much more than that. But with all of the disruption of guys being in quarantine and new signings it's not surprising we were disjointed. We'll improve as they all get used to playing together. 

Reece James MoM for me. Not just for his goal but he was very solid in both positions he played. 

I was very concerned when I saw the lineup about Kepa, Christensen and Jorginho all starting together. The lack of physicality so often cost us last season but thankfully Brighton didn't offer much. Kepa I think proved again that he isn't the guy going forward. Looking forward to us having a genuine alternative soon. 

Positives:
- The result - nice to win a game when not being at your best
- Couple of assured debuts. Timo made some great runs
- Defended well as a unit; great focus and determination throughout the side
- A fit Kante is wonderful

Negatives
- We have to address the keeper; Kepa is a disaster waiting to happen every game.  Someone else said it well; the only team he ever hurts is us
- RLC; this has been said many times, but do not see what he brings to the team.  Has his moments but too few and far between.  He is 24 now and reminds me of Jonjo Shelvy at Liverpool
- Lack to cohesion and fluidity, but have no concerns as that will come in time

7 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Probably because you never had the pressure of millions of people watching? I get what your saying, the money they are payed should compensate for that maybe? However too much money can go to the head. Also you got to take into account he's going from the binders league to the premier League, it's got to be a bit of a culture shock. I would like to point out I'm not arguing with you, if your a "top player" you should be able to adjust but I don't think these kids are quite ready for the spotlight they're put immediately under. It's the only thing I can think off anyway

Iam going straight to the point with my mind set with this statement ,but any said player at the top end of the professional game needs to man up and just Get on with it .OK you will have sh*te games buts its not the end of the World take it on the chin and move on  to the next game . 

football was played by men with men vs men , but at times today we see boys appear at times looking like deers caught in CAR headlights .  I have never played football for money but if i was playing for whatever premeirship team tonight with XXXXX wages i would never look like a deer caught in headlights no matter how sh*te i was .

OK your getting beat 3,4,5 or 6 NIL in the doncaster Sunday pub League and its pissing it down with rain on a soaking pitch but you will still enjoy doing that sliding tackle since the pitch conditions are begging you to give said tackle a go as you will enjoy it if you pull it off despite the score 

Very happy coming away with three points in the end. Definitly a game that could have gone either way.

The inclusion of RLC hurt us big-time as he was the cog that was supposed to bring Mount and Havertz into the game but he had an horrific game leaving Mount and Havertz largely isolated.

Looked much better after Barkley came on and got more of a grip on the game after that. 

Alonso also had a shocker against Lamptey which should surprise no one and Kepa i don't want to even say much about. So coming away with three points away from home when three players had shockers is good news.

Barkley, Kante, Werner, Reece hit the ground running. RLC, Kepa and Havertz didn't- although with no pre season or proper integration think that's to be expected for him. Thought Mason was subdued as well. Our strength in depth this year is frightening, really. 5 first teamers (if we buy Mendy) out today. Big season ahead 👌

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Everybody runs off celebrating, and Kante is there clapping away 😆

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I have to be honest and put me hands up as i went for a slight run round the front room when James hit the onion bag ,cat  and kids just looked at me gone out and did not enjoy the moment 

Great to start with 3 points away from home and Brighton played some decent football and if truth be told, looked the better side for large parts of the game but thankfully our bit of class won us the points.

Werner is quality and put in a good PL debut and Kante, James, Christensen & Zouma were the other stand-outs with Barkley also doing well and improving us 100% when replacing the very ineffective RLC.

Lot of work to do and in the PL you don't get the time for the "team to gel" or you'll find yourself out of the title race before Christmas so we HAVE to keep on picking up points, even when not playing well. 

Some Big decisions to be made for next weeks massive game against Liverpool. Their full backs will be putting ball after ball into our box and they will target the weaknesses of Alonso and Kepa so let's hope neither are playing and there is no chance RLC will be selected for such a huge game.

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The only times I've seen him celebrate with a bit more enthusiasm is when he's having a bad game himself and he's relieved that we've just scored and are going to win

I don’t understand the lineup.

Why was RLC at forward given that he is too slow and he can’t beat anyone off the dribble. Either CHO or Mount should have played forward. Pulisic and Ziyech need to start once they are fit to play. 

There was an obvious lack of play making from the midfielders and centerback. Havertz is a far superior passer and shooter compared to Mount. Havertz should have been the #10 position in today’s game. 

Really disappointed with RLC tonight, he was quite literally being carried by the team and was really hurting our attacks.

How could he have fallen so far after stellar performances under Sarri? Surely he’s had enough time to get match fit since the injury?

I’m beginning to worry that he’ll never rediscover that form. How many more chances does he need? It makes me sad.