14 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong...but I find it hard to believe that someone that we signed on a free transfer who will be immediately loaned out - is someone who is highly rated. 

Surely he’s just loan fodder?

Did the same with De bruyne and Courtois. 

I think with rudiger and Christiansen only having 2 seasons left, and thiago only being here short term, we are just giving ourselves time to access our options. 

Sarr, Tomori, Ampadu, Guehi, and Mbuyamba, are solid prospects that could have break out seasons, and really push themselves into contention to be regularly starting for us. 

I think Sarr could be excellent, but if he is going to play centre back at the highest level, he is going to have to have elite positioning and concerntration, to make up for his lack of height. The more minutes he gets the better. 

If he doesnt look good enough, im sure he will still be a valuable asset on the transfer market.

Good buisness. 

If this young lad has already played a 100 league games, why oh why is he going out to get game time, he hardly needs to learn how to play.

Seems pointless, why not see if he is good enough, i know he's a freebie, but he might be better than the rubbish that played at the back last season>>>

26 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

If this young lad has already played a 100 league games, why oh why is he going out to get game time, he hardly needs to learn how to play.

Agree.  It would have been interesting pairing him with Silva as that would have been worth more than any experience he could get out on loan.  He's already so highly rated and has games under his belt, plus didn't Frank say that age doesn't matter as long as you show something you will be picked?  We needed defensive reinforcements, we got them, and now we are sending one straight out on loan without having a proper look at him first.  It's a bit strange tbh.

A year loan seems to be pointless, considering how short we are in quality, and the guy is hardly a rookie. one logic is to give him a taste of EPL before we throw him into the spot light, but you want the guy to be around and learn to play with the team, even he's only playing once a fortnight.

Probably not necessary for him to go on loan but may be necessary for Chelsea. You do have to keep morale up when improving the team. I get all that stuff about you shouldn't let your head drop when there's competition but its also true that if players have a individual and collective confidence they may perform better. outside of which he mainly seems to be a left backer left centre in a back three.... Then there is Guehi who may end up an important player, captained England at U17 didn't he? Could be a future Chelsea captain. This may have been posted earlier but I found it a good read.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/malang-sarr-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

I like the idea of this new hybrid type of smaller 6ft centre back that can play on the flanks as well and is good with the ball, I think it will be the way forward I’m seeing it more often in younger players as opposed to only selected the big 6’4 ball clumpers 

40 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

A year loan seems to be pointless, considering how short we are in quality, and the guy is hardly a rookie. one logic is to give him a taste of EPL before we throw him into the spot light, but you want the guy to be around and learn to play with the team, even he's only playing once a fortnight.

What is the point then if he doesn't get minutes?

I mean he is only 21 and has great potential, the most important thing for such a young player is to actually play regular first team football. If he doesn't than he stagnates, it's as simple as that.

Lots of us here say we lack quality at CB but right now we need leadership and experience, someone who can make Zouma/Rudiger/Christensen more confident and a better player overall. That is why I think Silva would be the perfect fit, even if he stays for one season only.

Bayer Leverkusen was in for him as well. Maybe this Havertz deal is taking a bit because we are sending Sarr to BL on loan (and maybe they'll want to seal the Schick deal as well).

Leverkusen would be excellent for Sarr. Bundesliga is not far away from PL in terms of football. PL is a bit more physical and less technical.

I have a feeling he will go to Leicester. They were tracking him and made attempts to sign him. 

Maybe a sweetener as part of the Chilwell deal? I’d be pissed off if I was a Leicester fan and that happened though. Giving PL experience to improve a rival’s team. 

12 hours ago, Michael said:

Agree.  It would have been interesting pairing him with Silva as that would have been worth more than any experience he could get out on loan.  He's already so highly rated and has games under his belt, plus didn't Frank say that age doesn't matter as long as you show something you will be picked?  We needed defensive reinforcements, we got them, and now we are sending one straight out on loan without having a proper look at him first.  It's a bit strange tbh.

Probably because Frank has realized there's only so many new players you can put in in one go. A Silva Sarr partnership alongside our other new recruits we'd be looking at our preferred Xl having 7 new players in it, it's too much.

On 28/08/2020 at 15:24, MayosNoun! said:

I have a feeling he will go to Leicester. They were tracking him and made attempts to sign him. 

Maybe a sweetener as part of the Chilwell deal? I’d be pissed off if I was a Leicester fan and that happened though. Giving PL experience to improve a rival’s team. 

Loaning him to Leverkusen seems like the right and better choice. 

Hope it really is happening

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so if Tomori and Ampadu are both (supposedly) and (actually) going on loan, doesn't it seem foolish to let Sarr go on loan also? I've not seen his loan mentioned, and then today when teh squad numbers were announced I don't think he was on the list.

But Tomori and Bats were!?

25 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

Ok, so if Tomori and Ampadu are both (supposedly) and (actually) going on loan, doesn't it seem foolish to let Sarr go on loan also? I've not seen his loan mentioned, and then today when teh squad numbers were announced I don't think he was on the list.

I wouldn't read too much into that ... Bats has already gone on loan and Gilmour has now taken the #23 shirt.

If Tomori and Sarr both go on loan, we would still have 4 centre backs (Silva, Christensen, Zouma, Rudiger)

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

I wouldn't read too much into that ... Bats has already gone on loan and Gilmour has now taken the #23 shirt.

If Tomori and Sarr both go on loan, we would still have 4 centre backs (Silva, Christensen, Zouma, Rudiger)

yeah they updated the list now that Bats is off.  Just wondering what the plans are.  I think we need more than 4 given Thiago is new and we will be plaing a lot of games this year

5 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Wasn't Sarr loaned out to Leverkusen?

16 hours ago, Deino said:

Wasn't Sarr loaned out to Leverkusen?

that was rumoured, and of course was "part of the Havertz deal."  But nothing yet and we got Kai.  Honestly wouldn't mind seeing him in and around the first team especially if Tomori is off on Loan too 

Why did no one humour him by moving him out of the rumours 😅

I saw him training with the squad I wonder if frank might hold onto him, would be an insult to FT but still he looks to have some great attributes 

19 hours ago, mad_mac said:

that was rumoured, and of course was "part of the Havertz deal."  But nothing yet and we got Kai.  Honestly wouldn't mind seeing him in and around the first team especially if Tomori is off on Loan too 

He was training with the squad, he is some physical presence I wouldn’t mind keeping him at all, I would take him over Christensen any day based on what I’ve seen, he is seasoned in a good league, lots of appearances under his belt, at least give him a chance we know what players like Christensen can do already. 

Just now, SFL82 said:

He was training with the squad, he is some physical presence I wouldn’t mind keeping him at all, I would take him over Christensen any day based on what I’ve seen, he is seasoned in a good league, lots of appearances under his belt, at least give him a chance we know what players like Christensen can do already. 

Yes, and you'd think the fact he could play left back as well as centre back would also count in his favour.

Don't see how we would be weaker and not stronger if we had Sarr and Clarke-Salter (left footed centre back option) instead of any two of last years centre backs ...

10 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yes, and you'd think the fact he could play left back as well as centre back would also count in his favour.

Don't see how we would be weaker and not stronger if we had Sarr and Clarke-Salter (left footed centre back option) instead of any two of last years centre backs ...

Only thing I can think of is with so many players coming in new is some squad harmony and having players on the managers side, he has already done a season with the CB’s who are usually by nature big lads and influential in the changing room, too many new faces at once aren’t always good for a manager, so many factors to think about as a gaffer and some decisions go above actual football ability. 

If Sarr's loan means we keep Christensen even as 4th option, then I'm 100% against such move. Are we really going to give the likes of Christensen and Kepa another chance? Christensen been around for four years, four terrible years for him and the club when he's in and Kepa got two full seasons and he is the most expensive keeper ever. I mean loyalty's good but these two flops should have been transferred already. 

7 minutes ago, Droopy said:

If Sarr's loan means we keep Christensen even as 4th option, then I'm 100% against such move. Are we really going to give the likes of Christensen and Kepa another chance? Christensen been around for four years, four terrible years for him and the club when he's in and Kepa got two full seasons and he is the most expensive keeper ever. I mean loyalty's good but these two flops should have been transferred already. 

Being 4th choice defender doesn't mean you have been given another chance. Tomori was 4th choice defender and he didn't play one minute post lockdown. 

Sending tomori and sarr out on loan shows more faith in those players than Christensen staying. 

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Being 4th choice defender doesn't mean you have been given another chance. Tomori was 4th choice defender and he didn't play one minute post lockdown. 

Sending tomori and sarr out on loan shows more faith in those players than Christensen staying. 

I believe it is. Because first choice is 35-year old and the second and third choices are Zouma and Rudiger. 

Edited by Droopy